Release 199: New Decorative Props, Server Optimisation and Fixes!

Lol that completely flips the whole conversation on its head, popcorn at the ready lol

4 Likes

Lol. I’ve always been saying that bombs are for destruction, and revealing ores is a byproduct, so I can’t say that this update bombshell (heh) was entirely unexpected.

this could potentially introduce a new problem which is that because of the limited amount of resources that exist, their destruction is actually impactful on the overall availability and economy. if bomb miners persist, a not-insignificant amount of ores will simply disappear into the void rather than going into their pockets and presumably then into the community. more importantly, they will then be encouraged to blow up even more land with their increased bag durability to make up the difference and even larger swaths of land will be consumed with no return.

Of course given the responses here, it’s equally likely that many will give up on it and the problem I described won’t exist at all hahaha

Not sure the nerf hammer to bombs was necessary… especially the drastic nature of it.

Was the difference between AOE Bombs and AOE Hammers so great? I personally didn’t think so. Hammers allow you to gather rocks and more exp in the long run, they have more durability, and I dare say an all adjacent gem hammer could make a small crater in any direction fairly quickly even when compared to bombs.

You could’ve instead just nerf the durability on bombs if you fell so strongly about it. It’s not like it was simple nor easy by any stretch to gather the materials to create said centraforged bombs.

Anyways… am obviously not pleased with that last addition, especially at the last possible minute…

1 Like

Best parts of the patch!

*The last 3 in the bugs.
*The Chunk fix.
*Fists can be forged.
*Furniture.
*Gleam Club free character appearance changes.
*Timed Brews MIGHT not be useless.

Worst parts.
*Bombs outside of group healing are useless for mining which 74% of people used them for… we should get more respec points for that…
*4 points after 50 rather than all levels prior too.

If people still want to use bombs for yeild, you could combine them with aoe-hammers.

2 Likes

New note added:

• Added better Basic and Improved torch VFX, now they really look like they’re on fire!

They look like this now.

Just a little note on how patch notes are generated as well:

When a developer fixes or adds anything into the game, they will write a note on the change in our system which explains what exactly the change is for. As this is a manual process throughout development, things can be missed but we make every effort we can to ensure everything is included.

In the case of bombs, it’s hugely unfortunate that particular note was missed. The change is a sort of half balance, half bug fix; bombs were not intended to leave all resources floating in mid air; we felt this was rather unbalanced when compared to other mining techniques. The functionality of bombs for mining and combat is now what was initially intended, we’ll continue to monitor feedback and in game data to evaluate whether further adjustments are required.

13 Likes

yeh lets whine about free respect points, whiners are winners. the devs are giving whiners what they want

3 Likes

now now, turn that frown, upside down!

edit: fixed the rotation! -oh no, what happened to that mouth
edit: fixed the mouth!
upsidedownfrown

(not an artist…)

11 Likes

Really??? Oh wow … more reasons to quit since there is no other fun thing to do. No real hazards in mining , no interesting caves and dungeons to explore , and no more bomb fun.

1 Like

That was still impressive for a two minute drill. :grinning:

1 Like

I said what I want to said. It’s a grinding hell in sadistic universe now.

1 Like

Useless u mean ? This new update is same as removing the bombs from the game.

3 Likes

more time for other games.

Good idea. It’s too late for this release, but that will be in the next one.

10 Likes

Bomb mining officially become history now.
Its a fun method you guys should keep it.
It can be nerf, not remove from game completely.
I thought this game is about creative ?
If you can’t allow players use their creative to build a stronger character, why you create skill system at first place ?

Very disappointing about this decision.

Also how about chisel mining ? It looks like a bug too.
You want to remove that too ?

Trust me or not i will find a better way to mine again.
And this time i won’t share for sure.

3 Likes

100% agree. this nerf is disappointing and makes me less confident in the dev team. removing fun features because they weren’t what was intended is lame. Bomb mining was awesome. RIP. Time to totally reset a skill tree.

3 Likes

HIS WRIST IS BROKEN. HOW IS HIS HAND BACKWARDS?! OH MY GOD, POOR OORTIAN!! (Really though. I laughed at your correction.)

1 Like

It’s not a flat 50 XP for each region, but the amount of XP increases by 50 for each region you find on a given world up to 2500 XP for the final region. It’s a huge increase.

14 Likes

Now that is awesome! Time to fill up some Atlases.