Release 199: New Decorative Props, Server Optimisation and Fixes!

in particular, it means discovering 50/50 on a world will give you 63750xp :smiley: total accumulative

5 Likes

Doubled the durability of Bomb Bags!
Bombs will now destroy resources at the same speed as they would destroy rocks, this means higher tier resources will not be left floating in mid-air when using bombs to mine.

Very disappointing. Bomb mining made this game enjoyable. Making me go back to chisel or standard mining is going to put me to sleep…

3 Likes

hahaha yes, i should have rotated, not flipped :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Holy shmit, I didn’t realise that was the change, excellent Ill actually start putting some effort into discovering new regions now, Good job.

Aww rip bombs. I liked it a lot but at least now I have a reason to try some different hammers instead of titanium ones ^^. We’ll have to see how it plays out and go with the flow.

We use both of those things equally. We are constantly checking to data to see what people are using, but we also rely on what you are all saying to check against the data too.

We will take a look at this.

6 Likes

bomb mining nerfed - now time for chisels; I know they don’t give xp outside beacons anymore, but I can really just carry a beacon with me and plot larger area for time of mining and get xp anyway (too lazy to do it but it is a way to make it xp-profitable)

so, please make chisels work only in plotted areas - why would we even need to chisel wild blocks?

2 Likes

3 Likes

Its not nerf. Its completely remove from the game.

2 Likes

fixed it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks devs!
Did you guys fix the bugged 1x2 portals yet? On ps4, at least, they always open sideways (I wasted 500 oort trying and retrying over days), and there’s no “rotate portal” option, only the “reverse exit” option. I had to give up on 1x2 portals altogether and make a set of 30+ portals all 2x2’s because of this bug… shouldn’t have to design spaces around bugs like that, ideally :slight_smile:

1 Like

You do me proud, my man.

You can use copper chisel to make block sloped when you can’t jump over it.

2 Likes

Agreed, this is a real problem. It’s in the pipeline.

8 Likes

For those who skipped to the bottom: RIP bombs, Yay exploration, and oh yeah furniture.

1 Like

Really hope the devs read thru and see most people enjoyed bomb mining. Imo it wasnt even effective on t6 worlds because of how narrowed and columned some of the areas were. So grapple and hammer worked well. Standard mining is great at the start as I didnt know about bomb mining until i ran into someone doing it. But if they let it go it will mean supply will be greater than demand of gems and price of gem hammers will drop. Then people will use them because they become cheaper than bags.

To do it as they have all the bulk buyers of gems now have a large number of gems they can sell back at ridiculous prices thru gemmed hammers which is now the go to mining…,

4 Likes

I don’t agree - I have been clearing a large underground area for my build, like 6 by 8 plots and 2 high, so 96 blocks bombed; I did it before this update and using titanium bombs with my skills amde them bombs destroy resources. I still picked a few hundred of coal, copper, iron, tech and fossil (mining them with a hammer whenever they were revealed through bombing.

I think bomb mining is going to be different and mixed with traditional hammer mining, is all.

4 Likes

Brew/food ingredients are also painfully rare relative to the amount people want them. Basic heal potions can cost 300-400 and nice pies go for 3-4k each. Noobs don’t even get to touch heal potions or any buffs, really, due to cost.

1 Like

but there are also skills and grapples for that, so I don’t think limiting chisels to beaconed areas would break many hearts :wink:

In my opinion it’s better to not let the gameplay get restricted too much because there are “exploits” to be found (can we even call it that though). In general I always feel like MMO’s tend to become more and more restrictive when they mature because there’s a lot of emphasis on balancing the game (this also goes for the social aspects). Let’s keep the game boundless and let people use their tools wherever and however they want, because it’s a sandbox we get to enjoy! :slight_smile: my two cents.

2 Likes