Release 199: New Decorative Props, Server Optimisation and Fixes!

“Gems should be found more frequently in caves.”

Sounds like this patch is in favor of both play styles.

2 Likes

Looking forward to this.

1 Like

I enjoy hammer mining. It’s not as fast as bomb mining, but having an enjoyable time is more important than efficiency in gathering resources. To each his own.

2 Likes

Hi guys,

Sometimes fixes and tweaks can be missed from patch notes, right now is one of those occasions. I’ve added the following missing note regarding Bomb adjustments:

• Bombs will now destroy resources at the same speed as they would destroy rocks, this means higher tier resources will not be left floating in mid-air when using bombs to mine.

In terms of balance, Bomb mining proved to be far too easy to gain numerous resources. The aim with this isn’t to make it more difficult but to bring bombs in line with other methods of mining. While bombs will now break resources inside it’s radius, the advantage they give is being able to clear a large portion of blocks to reveal other resources.

So for example, if I’m strip mining with a hammer, I know I have to hit down a load of rocks to reveal resources, but I’m definitely not going to destroy any other resources in the process. With bomb mining I can quickly destroy blocks to potentially reveal even more resources, but I risk destroying some resources in the process.

Apologies for the missing note, it happens sometimes and we’re continuously working on making the notes more solid with every update.

17 Likes

Bwahahahaaa that’s a pretty big miss there and changes that conversation slightly. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

quite a game changing mechanic it is :smiley: that u missed :smiley: ^^

5 Likes

So basically Bomb mining got nerfed to the ground. It’s not

Because other methods don’t destroy blocks. Other methods make the resources and blocks hop into your backpack, and not vanish into the oblivion.

5 Likes

Well, you will be able to make artificial caves now and probably will get as much resources as from cave mining :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not gonna argue that it’s good or bad. Won’t cry, or I don’t know… make petitions to “Make Bomb Mining Great Again!” :wink: Just am not OK with wording, because it’s misleading.

Also got my suspension that this change was not announced earlier, so people won’t rush to blow whole planet away before the patch, and instead do no bomb mining, because double durability of bomb bags :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Way to drop a bomb on the thread.

13 Likes

I generally hate puns, but hell yeah.

4 Likes

I liked bomb mining , and the devs are listening to much to the whiners

the bomb whiners won this round

tnxs alot and why dont we get a free respec after this big changes ???

3 Likes

I was looking forward to being able to mine with bombs eventually…

2 Likes

Me too! Seems like we missed the party.
This will impact the prices of stuff.

1 Like

Well this thread has been an emotional rollercoaster!! :joy::joy::joy:

All in all, thanks for the awesome patch!! Stoked that my PS4 atlas will finally be useful :grin::grin:

2 Likes

Anywhere i can read the specifcs of the so called recipe changes?

Worst addition Hands down

4 Likes

RIP Bomb Mining :unamused:

2 Likes

Just a teensy weensy detail…

I’m sad and glad that bombs are obsolete for mining purpose. They were interesting knife edge kind of mining, but their yeild was ridiculous compared to spelunking and hammer strip mining rendering those options way too underwhelming. Still, it will make me feel wanting for more. Time to think up some resonable tools or boons to suggest. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well, you will be able to make artificial caves now and probably will get as much resources as from cave mining :stuck_out_tongue:

This. Bombs will still be very effective for finding resources, but it won’t be nearly as ridiculous as it is now. As much as I loved drowning in gems it made me feel like I was wasting time doing anything else, and I think that would have affected my experience more negatively in the long run. Doubling the durability of the bomb bags makes up for it a bit, and I also won’t feel as bad using bombs on mobs for giggles!

3 Likes