Release 199: New Decorative Props, Server Optimisation and Fixes!

There you go devs the mob has spoken bring back bomb mining. It is the most enjoyable thing i do in this game!

2 Likes

I doubt that too - but if you use bombs sparingly as a support tool than they last longer.
Itā€™s a matter of testing I guess, Iā€™m not saying itā€™s going to be 100% efficient but Iā€™m willing to try to drop some bombs every now and again when tunneling (there is just too much a tunneler misses when picking his directions and all, so bombs can be a nice quick break and a bit of fun, plus - when you blow a hole making an artificial cave, you might see what side of it has more resources and follow that direction).

you also can use bombs to grief hammer whiners and blow every gem up in there faces

Well, u can try and good luck for that lol
I wonā€™t waste my skill points + bomb crafting + Forge ingredients for that :rofl:

Also if u success please post on the forum so i will use it until someone cry for the nerf :sunglasses:

1 Like

Why does this sound like something youā€™ve already done?

1 Like

I really hope the devs reconsider. If resources are the issue just up the amount required to make epic items. That way its still enjoyable u just have to bomb mine for longer! :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

2 Likes

A proper nerf for bomb-mining would have been to remove the centra-forged range buff and not double but half the durability. Because, unforged, they are strong but not imba imo.

3 Likes

Ummm, maybe good idea would be to extract bomb nerf cries into separate thread? This thread become completely taken over by itā€¦

Edit: I understand it is controversial, but I personally donā€™t care that much about it and donā€™t want to scroll through 10s of very similar posts to get to anything else

1 Like

Is it really so surprising? From what I gather its the best way to farm resources by far, any change to it is going to tick people off.

2 Likes

good idea start one then

Iā€™m not a moderator so i cannot extract posts from here, nor Iā€™m going to dispute this nerf as i never cared about bomb mining.

Herobrin removed.

2 Likes

yeh I hate scrolling to , but please dont whine to hard or bill gates will remove it from windows.

3 Likes

This ā€œbomb mining is deadā€ change should be quite interestingā€¦ just bring fast AoE hammers and use 2 bombs instead of 3 to soften everything upā€¦ now you get exp for breaking rock too!.. 6m bomb will probably be a waste nowā€¦ so maybe forge them for extra damage so you only need one bomb? :thinking:

lol itā€™s not ā€œdeadā€ā€¦ just differentā€¦ now thereā€™s even more strategy involved and with higher risk :wink:
Do i make my own cave and sacrifice resources for speed? Or do i play it safe and go slower and get collect everything?

11 Likes

noted. Thank you!

um.
With a nice aoe forge hammer i can 2 hits 9 blocks on lvl 5 world.
(Also i donā€™t have hammer epic)

So yeah i donā€™t think you need to use bomb for soften everything up if you have forge gem tools.

But for new players, yeah this can be the new way for them (QQ for all new players)

Hah my explorer alt just got 4 levels for logging in, I guess the exploration xp is retroactive.

2 Likes

You make an interesting point that is possible mainly because of the durability increase to bomb bags, we will see after some tinkering, just not sure if the time investment to create the bomb and set the explosion will be worth it as opposed to just hammering right through since those gem hammers melt through rocks like butter regardless.

1 Like

Something is bugging about this as you seem to get this every time you zone though a portal so a new bug.

1 Like

Yeah just went shopping and it blew up, guess they need a hotfix.