Release 199: New Decorative Props, Server Optimisation and Fixes!

While I don’t have any reason to specifically distrust you, I do believe this statement is a lie.

I have been around a lot of online games, and it is a fairly common practice to leave off unpopular changes from patch notes until after the patch is live.

I know there are a variety of reasons to manage the communication this way, and I can certainly understand why this type of change would not be announced in advance.

I am much more tolerant of a statement saying ‘we didn’t want to tell you in advance because we didn’t want to trigger some undesirable behavior’ rather than ‘oops, what a weird accident, the most unpopular and controversial change was left off of the patch notes, what a silly accident.’

It just doesn’t ring true in my ears, and I will be less likely to believe what you say in the future because of it.

1 Like

If anything, us updating the post with this puts more emphasis on the change.

I could understand this line of thinking if we simply just didn’t put the patch note in and didn’t update anyone on it until someone realised through playing. But considering we updated the notes with the change 5 hours ago (before anyone got into the game), I don’t think there’s any need for conspiracy theories.

5 Likes

We’ve updated the original post to give more background on the changes that affect mining.

3 Likes

Is it me, or did the game got even brighter? Gleam blocks in backpacks seem to have slightly different texture, and gleam gives more light I think.

Actually it’s all blocks, and gathered stuff, they look slightly different.

1 Like

So they added wax as a ingredient for all decorative wood and stone. You make wax with waxy earthyams. And now you need ash and mud for bricks. So more grind to make the same things. . not what I was hoping for. Thought they might adjust recipes for fewer ingredients not more.

Not at all happy that I have to spend more time to make the same things.

6 Likes

Ah just completed my first meteorite (level 2 meteor on level 3 world) and had elemental mobs! Awesome :slight_smile:

I somewhat regret all the worlds I’ve 50/50’d so far :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The idea was that you would get the xp for what you already discovered. I wonder if that is what caused the issue with the release?

Oh! I missed that part. Didn’t expect it to be retroactive

Time to log in and poke around

I think they removed the xp for regions so do not expect it right now. That is why I think the retro might have been the issue

Ah! Just found the other thread :+1: thanks

Does this mean that all resources have the same health as each other

Or

Does this mean all resources have the same health as rocks?

Big difference between the 2 and could probably cause a lot of confusion.

@james @Steggs101

1 Like

it would brake my heart. I’m not a landscape chiseler and never have been but I do use them on occasion.
also … sandbox would have a little less sand in it.
I have never been bomb mining but felt it should have been left in as it seemed like a fun alternitive. it fit with the sandbox theim.
still this is the first time I disagree with a dev decision so im sure i will survive but for Bob’s sake don’t restrict chiseled to the beacon!

4 Likes

Wow, thanks so much Dev team!!

I agree. . on a t1 rocks are still one hit and coal was still two hits. .

not sure if this helps or jus makes it more confusing?

Resource seams and Rocks still have different health values

1 Like

Neither, this probably means they are applying damage to resources and rocks (when damaged by bombs) in equal percentages.

to all that say “bomb mining is removed”

no its not.

it just differend now: its like you create a cave and then you can mine ressource that you uncovered.
with the fact that bomb sacks are now have the double durability makes it not the same as before but sitll not useless.

2 Likes

Alright. So then what is the change exactly?

It is far worse and no longer viable if that is how it works.

2 Likes