Release 199: New Decorative Props, Server Optimisation and Fixes!

For lack of a better way to express myself.

4 Likes

If IKEA sold me an awesome chair, but tell me that I can’t sit on it I’d be quite outraged…

2 Likes

The change to the brick recipe is beyond stupid come on guys you just trying to end your game by pushing people away with STUPID decisions!!!

4 Likes

I swear everyone missed this. I for one think it’s a welcome fix.

7 Likes

Well, I just spent the last week leveling my character named BergyBomber and was just about ready to go mine for gems and now bomb minning isnt a thing anymore. Feels like a waste of time. Is there a way to change a character name?

Sure, you got some extra cash?

Just to be clear. I really like this game, and would recommend it to my friends. Just being a developer myself (just not a game one), seeing how QA and patch notes are handled… well I think you have problems with some in-house processes. The balancing stuff, nerfing, making game more grindy just irks me on a player level :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Could someone please tell me what decor craft lvl I need to build the new props?
Thanks

What are the recipe changes? The brick recipe was already insane.

1 Like

You get more bricks per each brick made now to balance it out I heard.

1 Like

boon compound is now even harder to acquire now that they added power requirements to level 2 compound. im pretty upset, it was hard enough to get the lamella (still is) and now they supposedly fix that problem they made 2 steps backwards. really 500 power (so 80 sapphires -because who in thier right mind i going to base craft such hard to get items - or 30k coin to buy the machines) to make a compound that gives 200 points. and then you still have to wait an hour or more! literally 3 days to put a base augment on 6 items that are used up in 2-4 hours, is ridiculous. you may get slightly more milage but its taken me 3 days to acquire materials to make 9 bombs and put +1.5m range on 6 of them for them now to be mostly worthless

1 Like

Lvl 1 for chair and table.

I’m not too pleased with recipe rebalancing tbh.

Building already felt unnecessarily convoluted and expensive, with huge spark cost and crafting times and in certain cases, such as brick, requiring multiple processing steps for a simple end product.

Bricks now require 4 different types of block, one of which requires processing on its own, to process into a product which must be processed again. It was already a lengthy process and the added step of journeying to very different places to get ash and mud in addition to the clay…was it really necessary for such a simple, basic building block?
I understand that adding assets are more work than adjusting recipes, but I wish that instead of tacking on additional cost to existing things, they made unused resources useful through new recipes.
Like turning mud into adobe. Or gravel+ash into concrete. Or glowing lamella into smaller prop lanterns.

Instead, I logged on and saw that purified milk now requires gravel for some reason.

what’s the point of that?

8 Likes

thanks
I don’t really like crafting tables/chairs at lvl 1
It should be some specializated craft like lvl 4 or 5.
People will just respec 1 point in decor instead of buying them in a niche shop.

1 Like

I hope this is just start, hope for higher lvl good looking furniture to. :slight_smile:

Updated the OP with @Jiivita update video:

2 Likes

because if you want a player driven economy
the more items requiered to make things the better
actually a digger is a viable profession now
you can always buy the materials

Hmmmm I’m a bit dissapointed with the bomb mining nerf…
We’ve spent quite alot of time grinding our way up and spending alot of hours farming the required resources.
It’s not something that fixes the game by removing it tbh.

People got very rich in different resources this way, and hey who could blaim them, but now newer players like me and my friend will need to mine countless of hours.
The prices will rise for the gems, making the rich richer again wich is normal. that’s just basic economics.

The bombmining was available for anyone. yes you need to put alot of time in farming the recources and stuff and leveling but afterwards it feels good and progress is alot faster.

But now we need alot of advanced recipes for the AOE hammers, alot of resources that are hard to find and alot more time. As for someone who’s working full time it was nice to make progress in one day rather than several days or even weeks of playtime.

Just needed to get this off my chest a bit.
If there’s a good explanation as to why bombmining got nerfed like this I would very much like to hear it.
Just as feedback as to why the decision was made.

As for all the other changes they are awesome!
Thank you.

1 Like

Good explanation incoming: bombs weren’t meant for mining.

1 Like

I use to use the same technique as you. After I discovered chisel what I did is just added chiseling to the equation, so the mined blocks (the yellow ones) are only 2 blocks height, and I chisel up and down all the columns. In this way there are no skipped blocks (more or less, because with full control you cannot see the sides of the last few blocks)

1 Like