Release 199: New Decorative Props, Server Optimisation and Fixes!

Could you now make it back cold in case when torches don’t burning — underwater and in inventory?

Aw man - the Ornate Gleam Door recipe hasnt been fixed yet, still requires more spark and longer crafting times the more power you have :frowning:

yup, bomb mining destroys most of your resources now. im wondering if theres still a build that can uncover them all still such as being fully specced into hammer and just enough into bomb to be able to 1hit quickly after throwing a few bombs and uncover whats there. This was a massive nerf to bombs, as the double durabilty doesnt even matter now that you find 97% less resources. they are also still glitched and damage to mobs gets reversed often as if you didnt throw any so still useless there. It seems theyll be great for gathering iron now and the very occasional gem and higher tier metal. pretty frustrating considering the massive cost of gems on equipment still

1 Like

And you still get damaged just by running on slopes when you have some agility.

4 Likes

@Steggs101 Have max energy loosing been fixed to fixed instead of percent rate? Or having lot of energy still is not viable?

Oh…that is VERY nice!

NO MORE HEARTHBEAT ON STAMINA :tada:

Thank you very much ! :heart_eyes:
(that makes almost up for the bomb mining nerf :wink: )

1 Like

@CreativeWorlds From the ninja patch notes thrown in today that weren’t there yesterday, bomb mining is officially destroyed. Congratulations. You got your wish. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow, you take one of the efficient ways of mining and completely destroy the use of bombs. If we can’t mine for resources with those know, what other purpose is there for them besides blowing up holes in the ground? I havent played this game for a week or so because of all the nerfing and the increased difficulty in gaining experience, and things aren’t getting better. Since launch the game has improved a few things, but gameplay is becoming frustrating. Bomb mining was a good thing to actually seem like you were progressing without taking tens of hours to find resources to build that ONE tool. Sorry, but i can’t say i can recommend this game anymore at this stage.

4 Likes

He is also the one that killed the heartbeat sound, spineless game.

Do you seriously think the devs made the change to bomb mining because of me? Are you serious?

No company in the world is goin’ to base a change like that solely on one random forum users opinion.

Furthermore, I never said to get rid of it in my most recent posts.

I said to make cave mining more viable to balance it out.

3 Likes

I think I may be out. just went to make more lanterns and find that I now need an ingredient I have never even seen before. This was already a grindy game and it seems like they are purposefully making it as grindy as possible. They are trying to make you spend as much time as possible in the game, but not enjoy that time. Already spent days randomly looking for diamonds on Serpensarindi to only find 2. I thought it was because I couldnt use the atlas to find them Since it was finally fixed, tried again this morning and didnt find a single one. And I need 100 just for the power coils to make portal blocks? thats too much grinding for no progress for me. I think they shot themselves in the foot, There are too many triple A titles coming out very soon to devote all this time with very little to show.

7 Likes

To much good games coming, and I don’t like the grind anymore. I can’t recommend this game to my friends.

1 Like

What depth did you mine?

Keep in mind part of the reason you had trouble finding diamonds was because people were bomb mining all the good places.

Did you use an atlas?

1 Like

Awesome release, as always!

Some thoughtful feedback:

• Food drains extremely fast now. Not sure if bug or intentional, but is unpleasant nonetheless
  • Lighting looks very bad now. Not sure why it had to be changed if it was fine beforehand, maybe another bug that slipped through?
  • Every single time you enter a settlement it makes this annoying sound like you completed an objective. I would recommend removing it or making a way for it to be turned off, as it is falsely making me think I completed an objective and in general is just annoying when traveling through portals.
  • The lighting on items has absolutely no anti-aliasing. Not sure if it had it before, but because of the new lighting it looks jagged and ugly now. Again, could be a bug but this is just feedback!
  • The effect on buffs is a tad overkill IMO. When I log in or eat food it is like an explosion of sfx. I would appreciate a way to turn down the particle density or a way to turn it off
  • Changing recipes, the wax especially, I don’t know how I feel about it yet. If you removed spark costs on the decorative blocks it would make more sense, but just to make a nice-looking block now I need waxy earthyams, spark, and refined blocks? Very questionable. Discourages the builder in me very much so. There has to be a pretty good reason to make a harmless recipe more complicated (prestige maybe?), and maybe an explanation is due. In the same line of changes, the brick mixture change again made something tedious even more cumbersome. I’m not sure why this got passed.
  • Bomb nerf is possibly the worst decision IMO. Maybe something milder could have passed through. Not a complete nullification of bomb mining.

Great job as always Wonderstruck!

4 Likes

Yeah when I read about recipe rebalance I naively thought it meant the other way. Instead we get weird additional costs for popular recipe. :confused:

5 Likes

The whole bomb thing was bad enough… Some of these changes to building recipes seems a little unnecessary, adding a larger time investment for the same amount of gratification and just overall reducing the level of fun in some aspects depending on what you enjoy doing. The unpopular mats could of simply been added for other “NEW” and useful recipes. These changes are a little too wild for a game that has just been released… Fix what needs actual fixing… I do honestly love your game… but I feel highly demotivated at the moment.

11 Likes

Can you think of a quicker fix to the server overloading issue?

2 Likes

Sad to say, a bittersweet fix…

1 Like

@Steggs101 And nerfing almost all basic Attributes was omitted from the patch notes also because “someone forget to write it somewhere”. It’s getting ridiculous. Not to mention you break almost as many things as you fix each patch :joy:

3 Likes