Release 199: New Decorative Props, Server Optimisation and Fixes!

From my experience with bomb mining 90% or more of the rare resources came from the center, almost never have I found diamonds in the sides. This change is effectively completely removing bomb mining from the game, since the cost-benefit ratio is now completely out of the window.

I don’t know what other ppl were doing with their bombs, maybe that deserved a nerf, but my bomb mining experience felt pretty balanced. I spend less time mining gems, but i spend a lot of time crafting and forging the bombs and gathering the materials to craft and forge the bombs. I prefer doing different things in the game reaching the same goal in the same time then doing the same mind-numbing activity for hours.
You could have nerfed the bomb damage to blocks, or made it more expensive but by just removing it or turning it into something different (to other shade of strip mining) you are punishing players who enjoyed that aspect of the game without exploiting it.

I liked bomb mining because it was fun and it involved preparation and experimentation, not because it was more effective.
I’m not going to strip mine it’s as enjoyable as bashing your head against a brick wall.
So lets at least hope cave mining comes back.

6 Likes

Dude forging items is a very late game thing to do now. Sure you can make compound 1, but it takes about 10 rounds on average to get a single boon, maybe leveled up to 2 or 3. Which is needing at least 5 skillpoints in vitality, power, intellect, and the forging epic - which most people arent aware of and then need to either start a new character or respec. To be effective at a low level you really need compound 2 at least, which now requires 50 to 80 sapphries, and we’re back to the mining issue again.

Not to mention finding lamella, getting silty soil and sand for all the glass you need, all the sap and fibrous leaves, and if you havent found at least medium coal in iron furnaces adds another sizeable time block. If they didnt add the power requirement to compound 2 it wouldnt be nearly as bad, but its also not a very obvious thing that you should be focusing on getting to forging.

What should have happened (and even jiviita seems to agree) is restricted aoe of bombs, because 6 and 7m aoe bombs were insane, not just made bombs significantly less viable.

I also dont know why some people prefer to extend the length of an already lengthy task, i get you dont want everything in a week, but you should feel like things pick up pace after 3 weeks of playing, this game isn’t Dark Souls

2 Likes

2exp per rock + exp from making stone + potentially exp from refining it + in extreme case exp from decorative blocks + exp from placing blocks if you feel like building.

Additionally all the exp from other resources you encounter during mining. not going to calculate it right now, but fairy sure that in the end its more than 2 exp per rock.

On that we have to agree to disagree as this is completely subjective.

1 Like

Keep in mind your refining for xp argument may be entirely invalidated if that individual has a crafting alt like many people

1 Like

Thats why i’ve written “potential”, “in extreme cases” and “if you feel like that”. All i all rocks yield more exp and this is not even taking into equation exp from other ores found during the trip for gems.

I mean i usually only get 5k xp in several hours of mining, and when you chisel mine - about 1k less xp. Which is nothing either way especially even at level 20 when you need 25k+ xp per level

after this patch i reset bombs skills bombs is now total useless and next day i reset decoration skill i build from rafined only on lvl 1 decoration need decoration rock woods etc. wax and wax create from raw wax flora this is total again :frowning: nerfing funny parts of games its super way to hell

How many hours did it take you to get 80 diamond?

If you are asking about the hammering time it varied. Altas was used for hotspots and down at the right alt. Some hours I would rack up and some I barely found any. We did a mass craft and the 2 of us mined for 3 days getting those. It was a weekend and we were playing all day long. I was so sick of mining by the time we got done. I chose the mass because of having to do the 100 power ones first and then wanting to replace those. Knowing the mass would give us the best numbers for doing that. When I calculate the numbers it looks like about 10 diamonds per hour with 2 of us mining. No wonder I hated it so much.

The bombs (which we did the following weekend)took a lot of time to make and only did the 3 radius, however they cleared out the junk rock (which give practically no xp anyway) and kept us from missing gems around us as much. It was much more fun than just smacking rock after rock. We used titanium bombs that were not forged. We haven’t been able to get the forged stuff going yet.

It’s not really skipping, though. You need diamonds to make coils, to make more coils, to be able to forge with any amount of efficiency.

No, you don’t. You can forge quite good stuff without it. Sure, with power it will be better, but even without it’s useful as hell.
Assuming that something is useless because later you will be able to make it 3 times better is just a mistake.
2 blocks breaking I do hammer with additional durability I was stack forging without power.

Before the patch when you could do Pure Boon 2 without power I would agree with you. But Reactive Lamella is too difficult to farm/too expensive to buy to waste on Boon 1 to play the Centraforge RNG game to maybe get good buffs on a low-tier hammer.

No its not. Before the patch, sure, i would totally agree. Now?! Freaking hell, i gathered 100+ without even trying hard, while walking around killing mobs and getting every plant for 2 or 3 hours. Not to mention swimming in ocean to make few discoveries…

Edit: Actually i did prefer shimmering orbs, so possibly i could find more. Someone else took a test and he gathered actually more of reactive than glowing lamella.

1 Like

Have you tried harvesting more than once since the patch?

I haven’t played much since the patch to be honest. I was still in the process of specing my gatherer to be able to go to Besivrona at all, and in the mean time I had been building my house with Decorative wood and helping my girlfriend build her house/our city area with Brick. If you guys are later game, sure, maybe it’s easy, but I have 2 chars in the 20-25 range and I can’t even imagine being able to progress right now. Maybe these changes aren’t that bad, but they killed the plans I had for progression and just sort of killed my interest for the time being.

1 Like

My gatherer on besevrona had 5 agility, high luck and gatherer epic (which is kind of redundant with high luck). That’s all he needed. I could outrun or avoid most monsters.

Surface resources are SUPER abundant now.

You can tell just from walkin’ around anywhere. The grind for them is super less.

WHAAAAA? tables and chairs?? wooohooo! how do i make them? i needsome hee hee
i cant wait for more prop goodies! <3

6 Likes

Hey @Jenndragonfly
Good to see someone excited too. :sunglasses:
Workbench.
Timber, nails, glue and basic metal bar. If i remember correctly.

Dunno which skill lvl unlocks them. Had it maxed already.

There is only one type of chair and same for table. So it’s a humble start. Waiting for more.

1 Like

Lvl 1 Decorative.

1 Like

We are waiting for gem settee, gleam wardrobe and titanium chamber pot now. All lvl 3 recipes.

2 Likes