Release 199: New Decorative Props, Server Optimisation and Fixes!

In fact, before the rock XP nerf, mining rock on low-tier planets with a fast hammer/AoE hammer was a really effective means of farming XP, especially when you were using the rock for crafting!

2 Likes

Because this would make alts far less useful and people would be using skillsets immediately instead of as end game content. There are uses for them before level 50, but they way they have it designed seems like they intend for skill sets to be a late game feature. I could be wrong but that seems to be the way itā€™s meant to be. I personally like it. Iā€™ll use many alts until I reach endgame and will then begin to consolidate classes together using skill sets.

2 Likes

I meanā€¦ I donā€™t know exactly where, but one of the developers specifically spoke about bringing Hammer mining up to par with bomb mining, rather than continuing to nerf bomb mining.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not understandinā€™ you.

A skillset was supposed to be the alternative to an alt, right?

Why would making the XP cost equal be unfair?

1 Like

Because its designed to be an endgame feature. If the xp cost was the same nobody would use an alts and only use skillsets from the beginning of the game. They way they set it up was to be used in the way I just explained. Or at least thatā€™s the impression Iā€™ve gotten from it.

1 Like

Iā€™m almost positive it was not designed to be an end-game feature, but an alternative for those who didnā€™t want to use alts.

edit
A vet here can chime in and lemme know, but that was the whole argument back in EA, right?

1 Like

Yea im sure they will. Their main focus for this patch im sure was to stabilize the servers/fix bugs. The rest will come later

1 Like

I think the issue is skill Points are awarded along with other bonuses as part of a ā€˜level upā€™ package. If you make the skill points go on a different cadence you mess that whole system up. This is the easiest way to bring the two options in line without completely overhauling the system.

3 Likes

Did you make any changes to augments since i would say they do fall under the ā€œless useful itemsā€ right now?

1 Like

If they wanted them to be equals, dont you think they would have designed it that way? To me, it seems clear that they had other intentions for skillsets.

I also like that bombing mobs with the better hit boxes means I can become a grenadier without having to sink as much resources into bombs.

Yeah I figured it was just a quick fix. Oh well.

You know what is super exciting?

Theyā€™ve been putting a LOT of time and effort to server stabilization, bug fixes, and general game balance.

Once thatā€™s died down a bit and those aspects of the game are much more stable to where they should be, we should be getting LARGE new feature updates again since theyā€™ll have more time to dedicate to bringing new stuff in. :smiley:

5 Likes

I feel like augments are a great opportunity to become more usable by using some lesser used crafting materials and/or increasing monster part drop rates.

Especially given the very short use life of the augments in the first place. I was going to drop the skills off of my crafter because I see no point in making augments as they are today.

2 Likes

Like fish, or different races, or farming, or Titans, or ladders, or cave monsters orā€¦ ā€¦

1 Like

yea because bad servers will drive people away faster than unbalanced mining. Give them some time and if thereā€™s still no improvement on hammer mining then thats the time to worry about it

2 Likes

Aoe hammers exist, but they are end-game.

Besides making them easily made, but then why bother, just use bomb mining.

They should instead focus on making mining interesting and fun, instead of makinā€™ people feel like they are forced to go the efficient route.

4 Likes

Right! Either they drop the ressources cost required to make them or make the augments have a durability. A simple change like that will make them more useful in my opinion.

1 Like

I believe weā€™ll see all of that in game one day! The devs have been working so hard on release lately. I expect to see some new-feature-focused updates in the coming months. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dont get me wrong, i agree with you. I would prefer to hammer mine instead of bomb mine personally. I love hearing the sound of the rocks crumbling, stumbling into caves, etc. But they had other things that were more important, so for now we adapt and give them time to figure it out.

This is how MMOs work. Later down the line hammers will be more OP than bomb mining and weā€™ll be having this same conversation but in reverse.

7 Likes