Release 199: New Decorative Props, Server Optimisation and Fixes!

So you are against bomb mining, but are FOR an AH, which is the bomb farming of shops on steroids.

2 Likes

Them bombs were never intended to be mining tool. But players figured out they can, and they did start mining with bombs. It is not easy, because you need to put X skill points into some skills, and donā€™t put into agility, and juggle with bonus to all. So devs instead of banning players ingenuity, they said OK, you want to mine with bombs, do it, itā€™s after all in the strict bounds of mechanics, and not some crazy exploit. They did not make it easier for those players, and even removed XP gain from blocks destroyed by bombs to nerf them a bit.
Itā€™s a rather unique stance from the game makers. Unique in a positive way.

Iā€™m all against giving everything to players on silver plate. Bomb mining is not rocket silence. There are lot of informations on forum how to do it. @Jiivita even made a calculator, what to invest skills points into.

3 Likes

I use a couple of beacons in a fireplace, not ideal but a good alternative for now I think :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: no idea why that directed @Gill was meant for @ChuggingClorox

I think bomb mining is design for casual/newbie player.
It save u more time to gather resource.
Also its not too difficult to build i think.
As Sztosz mention there are a lot of guide on Internet.

If only hammer exist in this game, u need to gather like minecraft.
It will take u at least 1 - 2 weeks to mass craft Advance power coils
All gem gear/ machineā€™s price will increase and will be more difficult to find it on market.

Iā€™m against using game features that basically require third party calculations or websites to make them function properly. I understand the history of bomb mining and how we got where we are now. But since the devs have sanctioned it, why donā€™t we remove the values on blocks that were originally meant to keep people from doing it? It seems lukewarm: 1). Devs fixed block values so you canā€™t bomb mine now 2). Community figures out a way to bomb mine regardless 3). Devs say, ā€œOkay, you all like bomb mining, so weā€™re fine with it.ā€ 4). Contrived and complicated block values requiring third party sites remain in place to make itā€¦harder? ā€¦no, itā€™s not hard, says communityā€¦but itā€™s still contrived?..

What is it?

1 Like

You keep saying that, but itā€™s demonstrably not true.

1 Like

What values on blocks?

my crafter will be so happy when i eventually get there xD

Show me where in the introduction of bombs did the devs say anythinā€™ that remotely sounded like, ā€œWeā€™r adding a new end-game way to mine oreā€

1. English is not my first language, which i am sorry about it.
  2. Spend more time to play the game u will find more way to play the game.
  3. Everyone should never share new method they discover in the forum because people will asking for remove it lol
2 Likes

Bombs damage blocks with resources differently than all other tools do. This is why itā€™s tricky to do damage to surrounding blocks, but not the resource blocks. It was implemented to discourage bomb mining, originally. Iā€™m fine with bomb mining, if thatā€™s what the community wants. Letā€™s just revert the damage bombs do to what every tool does, which makes bomb mining easier to understand and get into.

1 Like

maybe for casual but the cost and the skills needed to craft them not for the newbie

Yes, Iā€™m all for this. If bomb mininā€™ is here to stay, then simplify it, and update the tooltips for new players so they know to ignore hammers and go straight into bombs.

Why would bombs do bonus damage to resources if not to discourage their use? Either itā€™s an unintended effect, or the devs want bomb mininā€™ to be hard to achieve, but either way, itā€™s super simple now that everyone has spread the word.

Not my casual friends. When I have to refer them to a spreadsheet calculator to mine for gems, they log out and go back to Minecraft.

1 Like

thatā€™s why you just tell them the secret forumula,

8/8 1/1 4/5 2/5.

Problem solved.

Looks like an awesome update - looking forward to the new decorations and forged fists of doom! :smiley:

2 Likes

I start the bomb mining on first week of the new universe which jivitas havenā€™t post any calculator.
The way i do is spend some cleanse points to test it. ( around 5 points - 10 points, which is around 300 cubits)
So u donā€™t have to use any third party website for that i think.

I understand that, Tim. But you operate differently than some players.

:slight_smile:
My point is this game has a lot of possibility.
So if people be creative not only on their build but also the system itself.
There are always a better way to play or enjoy the game.

• i spend even more points to test on my hunter
    armor / resistance something like that is more complicated than build up a bomb miner.

Hunting is easy for casuals. Get three to five points in kinetic armor and go to a level 3 world. Do meteors. Itā€™s very newbie friendly. Iā€™m talking about starting out bomb mining for newbies is not intuitive or easy to explain. If theyā€™re up for trial and error and recleansing, sure, but some/most arenā€™t.