Release 199: New Decorative Props, Server Optimisation and Fixes!

Walking 10 minutes isn’t covering very much of the planet. There are biomes, and some areas have very few rocks.

2 Likes

You are right. I found them a lot on Rafgar and in caves, digging on Aeries on that spot we just didn’t have luck coming across a cave and the ground was foilage so boulders could easily have been hidden.

It might have just been hard to see. Though overall Gravel and Metaphoric Rock should prob give you more than 1 flint after 80 rocks and close to the same amount of gravel I think :slight_smile:

The ‘rocks’ are actually above ground, and are just sitting on the grass. So when you find an area with lots of soil, you’ll most likely find your boulder rocks as well.

Feels like it got a LOT louder in some release…

Oh, this us great stuff.

R.I.P. my old chairs and tables. (Well, I may keep my tables)

Can someone explain this for me?

1 Like

There was a heartbeat when your health was low, which made sense. That’s not something you’re actively losing all the time and being low on health is much more critical, so the occasional reminder is helpful. We didn’t always have it for energy.

1 Like

I look forward to the update!
Look like you guys have been working hard on it.

True, nonetheless if Metaphoric Rock and gravel are listed in the knowledgebase as an alternative source for flint the drop rate should be higher than what I experienced, specially with so many points in luck. Maybe adding the drop rate to the tooltips in the knowledgebase would encourage people more to walk and search for boulders than just dig?

The drop rate for flint is balanced around 1-shotting rocks.

I regularly go mining and come back with 300+ flint, all from just max luck and smashin’ rocks.

In a few levels with max mining skills you’ll be bringin’ back 3,000 rocks after a mining trip and that’s a TON of flint.

You don’t need THAT much flint in the early stages either I’d say.

That said, they could update the game guide to explain that some more, or encourage people to explore biomes more. I believe you when you say you landed in an area with no flint, it must have sucked. :frowning:

1 Like

When looking at planets (with totem out, for example) - the game displays various markers (players, settlements, etc). After this update, it shouldn’t slow down the game as much when looking at planets with markers.

The caveat is that: sometimes markers may display briefly on top of terrain you’re looking at. Specifically: if you’re looking at a planet, but half of the planet is obscured by a tree (occluded), markers may show up “in front” of the tree for a while, before fading out

2 Likes

I agree. Scarcity early in the game is part of progression. You will be running out of room for all of your flint by mid-game if you do any mining. If you don’t mine, you will have to buy mined materials. This seems reasonable.

1 Like

Will grapple skill effect fist dmg now??

1 Like

CHAIR AND TABLE HYPE! now all we need is a fireplace, beds and other various decorations :slight_smile:

1 Like

And functional ladders! Hehe.

2 Likes

You prefer to use the stone age tech to grind is ur choice.
However u don’t want others use better way to grind as well.
:thinking:
If i really like to use axe to mine, should i asking the hammer nerf too ?

Also if Devs nerf bomb mining it will damage market even more lol
Now Advance power coils (except diamond one) only cost you like 11000 - 13000$ on some shops.
After the nerf of bomb mining the price will go up to 20000$ or even higher due to the difficulty to gather gems.
Forge gear will be more expansive as well.

For the bomb mining users they are fine, because most of us have tons of gem / powercoils in stock.
As result it will only damage new players more.

1 Like

This analogy only works if bombs were made for the intent of mining, they weren’t.

1 Like

So what if I am a gleam and I bought an appearance change token before… do I get a refund? This is kind of a slap in the face since ive been gleam since I bought this game on steam.

Also, are Gleam club members going to be able to change clothes colors for free? And Hat colors?

1 Like

How comes its not ?
Hammer can damage to creature as well so it can be weapon too.

• Hammer can damage for both blocks and creature.
  • Bomb can damage for both blocks and creature.

Tell me the difference.

If devs change bomb to the other item call “blast hammer” with same effect as bomb, are you ok with that ?

1 Like

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! YES YES YES!
Complete sentence.

It’s like coca cola. It’s intended to be drank. Yet people discovered that it’s great to for quick rust removal, for example for those stuck screws. If it was in Boundless, devs (some say there is one dev above with a plan :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ) should nerf rust removal properties from it, because CreativeWorlds uses other methods for rust removal, and he refuses because reasons to use coca cola ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Well, speaking for myself, if bombs are the way to mine for gems in this game, why don’t we get rid of the ridiculous block values for HP that one has to work around to make it work? Make bomb mining intuitive for the casual/newbie player and I’m fine with it.