Release 211: Empires - CONTINUED

Yea someone else already pointed that out above you
And all my beacons are around 30k if they aren’t a main location so I’m not worried about prestige.

Release notes for Release 211.2. Hopefully this will correct some of the settlement changes.

Yesterday:

Today:

This is much more manageable. Thanks for relaxing that a bit.

UPDATE: Under today’s rules a single plot allowed my entire settlement to resolve. I still have plenty of ‘road’ plots but that’s ok and if I need to thicken at the edges I can understand how to plot them.

I am much, MUCH happier.

Is this 4 plots/4 columns resolved at plot level?

EDIT 2: Neverrmind another build shows me that this can’t be a simple 4 plot/4 column requirement. If you guys would like to share the rules it would be wonderful. Either way this is much better.

5 Likes

Usually get around 1500c per day from this beacon. This is all I’ve had since the update:

2019-01-16%20(2)

Question: @james @vdragon

:question: If a Guild hits its maximum of 100 members, do new recruits get an error message? What do they see?

:question: Do factions add to the total # of maximum members?

1 Like

Update OP with details of Release 211.3.

3 Likes

is it possible for the visualization tool to be implemented on the the console versions in some way?

2 Likes

I think James has mentioned the development of a gui version of this tool somewhere down the line

Just reporting in to be helpful - my footfall is still lower than 10% of pre patch. Whether that’s lower traffic or a bug I have no idea.

(Edited to be more accurate)

1 Like

My guess:

• by now lower traffic since people have less coin to spend
  • bug or bugs in the code
  • implementation is not following the design they had made (yes, not a bug, code can be 100% bug free but still be doing the wrong thing!)
  • design choices that are causing less footfall (ie. repeat visitor comes by twice a day and grants you no coin ever after the first time) or don’t have the desired effect
1 Like

James announced the footfall fix will not go through till Monday/Tues next week because they don’t want to risk server stability …since the footfall change is a bigger fix.

We tried to test out the guild channel and faction. It turns out that joining just the faction, not the guild, will list you as members of the guild (as listed in the guild UI as well as the faction), but it only gives you access to Faction Channel but doesn’t give you access to the Guild Channel.

I’m not sure if this is an intended design, but if it is. I see two problems.

First, people who firstly joined the the faction, upon checking on the guild book already said they are part of the guild. therefore, they can’t never have access to the chat because they are already in the guild through the faction.

Second, as I see it, faction serves to divide permission in the guild so you can assigned different permission set based on aligned beacons. This create a situation in a settlement where you need to create several factions just to split up permission based on how many group of beacon/facilities. Due to the limit on numbers of guild you can join, some people can only spare to join one for a guild, but they find it unappealing to join a faction because they miss out of guild channel, which is where most of the chat is happening. It’s a dilemma, miss out on using a facilities, or miss out on chat. My opinion is that making this choice seems like a burden, and it only exist because of how the guild system work with our settlement.

We appreciate any advice on this situation.

Idk why people have issues. I get around 8k (per beacon)coin in footfall a week and seems like plenty

There’s plenty of people who would get that and more in a day that now are barely getting 1k

2 Likes

I know that footfall has been adjusted to scale. However, it certainly doesn’t seem right that ALL my beacons, most with low to moderate footfall, now generate almost 1000% less footfall on average…those getting 3-4k a day now barely see 300 :expressionless:

Guys, again, footfall fix incoming mon or tues. A little patience is required.

I got a whopping 24c in footfall today.

1 Like

Depends what youre used to spending it on i guess. I have a lot of portals that i’d struggle to maintain without it. The hub generates the footfall that buys the oort that powers the hub. And the circle of life continues… hopefully.

meh money comes freely. shouldnt cost more then 100k per month to run a few portals.

Lol tell that to my portals that take 900 shards every 4 days

900 shards every 4 days is sub 100k.