Release 211: Empires - CONTINUED

Lol tell that to my portals that take 900 shards every 4 days

900 shards every 4 days is sub 100k.

Yea if I only had 1. Also that’s only if you’re able to buy Oort at less than 222c. Cause at 222c for 28 days it’ll cost 100,699.2 for 1 portal that cost 900 per 4 days.

I need about 2500 shards a day… Sure, 100k a month is enough! :slight_smile:

1 Like

…and then add helix machines for 160k every 7 days…:cry:

Update OP of details of Release 211.4.

… and …

17 Likes

giphy4

Amazing!
I think this is a very good and reasonable change.
I always thought thats how the system worked in the first place. :smile:
I will immediately run to all my beacons, clear the coins and wait for the new numbers. :star_struck:

12 Likes

Excellent, timing based on payments rather than visits makes much more sense!

Thanks for looking at this factor again, and making appropriate changes.

2 Likes

Perfect thank you!!!

Time to do my lap around the Gyosha mall! Gotta burn off these unsightly calories piled on from the weekend gluttony cheesecake haha!

2 Likes

Also, be aware you will lose all active guild buffs by leaving and rejoining.

4 Likes

Was there a lighting/colour change that I missed in update notes?

Seems different somehow!

@james
For clarification:
Does this mean a “below 10k prestige” or “bridging” beacon will no longer impair the footfall of other beacons by the same player within the same settlement? (Since they no longer generate any footfall.)
Or is “0” also considered a valid payment?

3 Likes

Great!

Can’t wait to test how footfall works on my beacons now over next few days.

That would seem correct, as there was no ‘payment’.

Clarification would be good though.

1 Like

Well depending on implementation there could be a payment of 0 coins.

Good point. I’ve added a comment.

Beacons without a settlement have never been involved in footfall since its a function of settlements.

Beacons with less than 10k prestige after guilds update also are completely ignored for footfall even before today’s hotfix

4 Likes

True, good point.

To be honest, I think I prefer having my main character name appear in chat on behalf of all my guild member characters. It keeps things simple for the players that only know me by that name. Basically, I like the way it was/is.

So, if I decide not to leave and rejoin the guild, will character name A still show when playing on and chatting on Character B like it was before today’s update?

Thank you for the clarification!

I have a beacon dedicated to the streets within my village. The streets also leave the village and form some under 10k settlements outside of my actual village which keep the beacon in a bridging state.

But before the guild update i was getting footfall from it as if it was part of the settlement despite it’s bridging state. Only since the guild update it’s actually not generating any footfall anymore.
(Which is why I finally fixed it by splitting it :grin:)