Release 211: Empires - CONTINUED

Just reporting some initial behaviour.

Within our settlement I have my main base beacons by main char, inside my base, there is an area beaconed by alt1.

I had a visitor to my base, and it’s impossible to get to the point they were at without crossing both beacons.

Main beacon had 56c, alt beacon 0c.

Alt has other beacons in settlement not directly touching either of first ones, so went to check those.

One of these had received 40c.

Is this expected behaviour?

I assumed that the alt1 base beacon had 0 due to the visitor entering one of alt1’s other beacons in the settlement, but would have expected the same amount of coin, ie 56c?

yeah, and since the footfall state hasn’t been reset I’m assuming alt1’s beacons in the settlement might have been visited more often past few days so grants less than the other one.

Am assuming alt1 is one of the shop owners? More people running to that than your base I guess?

Could be, forgetting that the timers haven’t been reset. Still would be useful to get an idea if this is expected behaviour.

Of course, several people already have visited the market since the update, might actually happen quickly. I saw 1 beacon had 80c, another 40c, so assumed 40c per visitor, then the first suddenly started receiving 32c, would not be surprised if tonight that’s back to 24c already!

In fact… 56 is 32 + 24 :wink:

1 Like

@james

I just want to make sure I have this right, please correct or clarify as needed.

The first time someone visits, I receive full footfall.

Every 24 hours, their visit results in footfall, but less than the day before.

Every fifth day, footfall resets and you get the full amount for that person again.

Do I have that right?

If so, what is the percentage of the daily reduced rate?

For example, I get 40c per visit. What would that look like on day 2,3,4 and five?

And this is a question for anyone who can answer it. I’m at 340K-ish prestige. What is the next tier for the per-visit footfall increase?

Thanks @james and anyone else. :slight_smile:

I don’t know the equation they use but I can tell you if that person visits every day you’ll never get the full coin amount from them. You’ll get day 1 footfall every day. If they skip a day, you’ll get day 2 footfall. They have to not visit for those 5 days for their next visit to give you the full amount.

Note: This is further affected by this:

So the more traffic you have in total, will also cut some coins off the top.

1 Like

Oh and to answer this question:

1 Like

I hope that’s not true. The change was supposed to bring significantly more footfall, not less.

Actually I may be mistaken, because these statements do not imply any scale based on time, just the scale based on traffic.

And it seems it was meant to bring the top earners down a little to discourage footfall traps.

I’m not sure about that, It probably significantly increased footfall on plots that only have a couple of visitors per week but definitely decreased footfall for anyone having daily traffic.

We need something to generate more coins to stimulate economy and from that update it definitely not from footfall we will achieve it.

IMO, that’s stupid. Make it once a day with no reductions and be done with it. Let the rich be rich. These reductions are killing us middle guys.

Just let the coin flow and stop managing it.

At least give it a shot for a few weeks to stimulate the starved economy.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t get the logic behind skewing the FF down for large/busy areas (punishment basically). Interactive areas are going to have more traffic…there are things for players to use/do…don’t see why that’s a bad thing. :woman_shrugging:

Ultima often said how much FF they made and I thought it was fitting due to all of the work they put into their hubs…heck I use their hubs all the time. Hash prob got everything squared around by now, but I think he said FF was in the dumps for them too.

It seems similar to CPC/Affiliate accounting or website visitors vs unique website visitors. Not fun. :confused:

1 Like

I really don’t get the incessant need to restrict the flow of coin. Take us off the leash.

Advanced coils are going for 2000c at this point. That’s half the price of the components. It’s insane.

Heck, the best thing they could do right now, even aside from footfall, is to drop 20Kc into everyone’s account.

That’s only one forged gem tool each, but it would have a HUGE positive effect on the economy.

The large/busy areas were supposed to continue earning about the same, while the smaller areas got a buff to their earnings. But the implementation bugs made it worse for everyone. Let’s see how things shake out once the bugs are gone and traffic has stabilized, maybe it’ll all work out still.

4 Likes

I’m giving it until the end of the week to be resolved, and if footfall is still as broken as it is now then I’m gonna buy another game on Steam and have a 3-6 month break.

I’ve got even less today than the previous 3 days. Probably because it’s a monday, but 126c (edit) when I used to get 1500c is insane.

1 Like

I think the idea of Guilds is great, but…

If more people join the game…I forsee beacons, settlements, and guilds becoming more tangled up, more complicated to straighten out, more people becoming frustrated, etc. Since the Guild update, I haven’t really been able to play/enjoy the game. I’m spending most of my time figuring out what plot is where, what beacon belongs to what, how to help others near me get the desired plot/beacon/settlement result they need…

We were told it would help FF, help the beacon/settlement issues, etc. I’m not seeing that and I don’t see how it will fix itself. I think a more simple, black & white system would have been much better.

ie: These are my plots that I made/earned. My friend showed up and wants to be near me. I use the menu and select “allow friend to plot next to me: yes”. Or, fix the beacon issue and put guilds elsewhere. Like a cool club that you visit. Guilds probably should have been made their own private mini-planets or something that you warp to once you’ve joined. Making them encase existing beacons/plots/settlements and create their own wardens is weird.

2 Likes

The fix probably won’t hit until tomorrow night.

The fix was released this morning.

Not to mention the guild buffs delete fund from the games. So the sink is there to increase the footfall as you stated. I dont understand the need to limit funding either.

Well that’s…upsetting.

1 Like