Release 23-09-2016: Spawned On testUS1 - place to meet?

For a mountain of ice you’d think that they’d hold atleast something preserved underneath :(. I did find a lot of coal and copper on the tops of the mountains atleast. I’ll try my chances at the other biomes you suggested.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up :slight_smile: I got him before he got me :stuck_out_tongue:

So who’s building a bridge in the distance?

… and this looks like an ideal place for luxury holiday homes!

5 Likes

That was me lol. My base is right there.

2 Likes

I just kill spitters with hammer, no problem at all :stuck_out_tongue:

I find fossils and ancient technology from time to time when I run around those plateus at the outside walls.

Also under the ice in the glacier biomes. There are sometime plane ice areas with holes that make you enter the giant cave systems underneath. Rith now I just found a few fossils there, but huge veins of coal. Think that gave me more then 100 soft coal once…

2 Likes

The Hanging Village is coming along quite nicely! 1500,_,-1270

Shops opening up! Buy and sell!

More product to hit the shelves soon!
Message me here to request to become a villager, and help expand this community project!

10 Likes

One question is bothering me at the moment. I’d like to have people building their houses next to me, but i don’t know in which cases I “block” them with my beacons @james.

An example:

I place a control beacon and choose to expand one plot up and one right.
So in my understanding, the area over and under my control beacon is blocked for others to set their own beacon, right?
But is it also block over and under the plot on the right (with beacon in it’s "column)?

If you want to build up a neighbourhood with “hanging houses” on a mountain wall, this need to be considered. So, what’s the answer?

I’ve found a place next to a lake with plenty of trees at these coords
2195, 67, 869

Currently when a single beacon plot in a column is placed then the entire column is reserved for you. This was to stop people building over and under you build, as there is an assumed assumption that you can always extended upwards and downwards, but no necessarily an assumption that you can build outwards horizontally. (A little like in the real world.) The way beacons are placed and the space that is reserved was something we discussed extensively in the team - and I think our current solution is pretty good and strikes a balance across the many competing requirements.

6 Likes

and the Underground is full of iron coal and fossil

we need a neighbour here, to connect the village from the trees to the mountains:

2 Likes

I’m setting up near spawn, just look around for the snowy mountain, and you should be able to find it.
I’m building a viking-esk place.

I’ve been thinking about re-locating to the village and I might take that spot.

I wanna go visit. What’s the coords?

There are the coords

Does that mean the beacon system will not get a major revision any time soon?

We’re not currently working on revising the beacon system.

But we are listening to feedback on the releases we’ve been making and the status of the game now. If the beacon system is a major issue for you then raise it again.

I agree with @Smoothy
Atm the “horizontal reservation” feels more like a restriction than a protection.

I feel bad bringing up the same points again when there are still bugs to fix, since it’s more of a “what does the majority want” thing.
But I might post it in the issues thread even if it isn’t really a bug and nothing was changed since the last discussion about it.

I am on test3, no idea how to get home.