Release 239: Lovestruck and Prototype Creative Mode!

Ok you cant use the creative mode in the live universe also all good.

So PC players have the prototype of Creative Mode already, why is that creating unfairness?

For now, yes. It’s still in a prototype phase. Once rental planets are also being added they will add a normal UI outside of the Debug menu for all of this so we can let Wonderstruck host our Creative Mode worlds even on PS4.

It does mean tho that PC players can still run a Creative Mode planet locally on their PC while PS4 players can not. I don’t think the PS4 has enough power to run the planet server next to the game so I also don’t think we should want that. Perhaps on the PS5 this will be possible!

What are those advantages then that PC players have now with a Creative Mode?

Once it’s not a prototype anymore it will be…

Nothing to do with Sony tho, Wonderstruck just needs to develop it further and add an UI for it to the regular game’s UI and remove it from the Debug menu. Also on PS4 it can’t run locally on the PS4 itself so rental planets will need to be ready first. It will come to PS4 in the end tho!

You are forgetting that the PS4 does already run the game with a lower framerate as most PC’s do, running another piece of software (two actually, the discovery server and the planet server) besides the game itself is not going to go very well.

So even if they already added it to the normal UI PS4 users would still not have been able to use it at this point since it will only work once rental planets are available…

2 Likes

Colour is decided by the wild flower used (recipe calls for “Any Wild Flower”).

Site is being updated at the moment, so will update with a link to the full recipe shortly.

4 Likes

looking forward to seeing what peeps get up to in creative mode and definitely see it as a very positive thing in the growing of the boundless universe.
My only concern is that the live servers might lose some creative builders in the short term.

Awww so it’s going to take awhile to get a full collection :disappointed:

2 Likes

I have been able to launch the discovery server in the live system using creative mode. It was interesting that the same planets I had created in test were available in live. Is this because it is still using the testing functions? I can fly and use the f9 key on all the planets.

2 Likes

This is my favorite update news I’ve read since I started. I have been hoping for creative mode since the begining. I just want to build and explore. Thank you devs, the solo players are finally getting some love.

1 Like

Most likely, yes. But as long as you have enough heart shaped rocks before the event ends, you can continue to make the Oorty Doll after the event. Means more reasons (and demand) to get out to those exo worlds!

2 Likes

Just need to get 510 of those stones and anything over i can keep or use for the other things :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Planets in creative mode

4 Likes

Thanks for posting that! :smiley: Time to go do some hunting…

Oh, the chat upgrade already helped me on PC, had a PM sitting there since Jan 18th I hadn’t noticed… :flushed:

4 Likes

Hope it wasn’t some one drowning in lava and requesting your help lol

3 Likes

On the plus side, this is my most-viewed stream ever! Silver lining :wink:

Come by if you want to check if it’s fixed on PS4 yet

1 Like

Hehe, about as bad as what I do with the guild sometimes, offer ride, take off (ok, maybe a LITTLE earlier sometimes than I say I’ll wait, oops), a minute later someone is like hey yeah!, but I’m gone and in Space Cadet mode and maybe see it a couple hours later… :flushed:

2 Likes

1st thing I see that I don’t like is the Universal Channels showing up in the feed. There is no way to turn them off and still have “All” like before. I would like to have a check mark on them so even with selecting “All” I can turn off some. Basically I want all the channels EXCEPT for the new Universal ones. Those I would look at sparingly.

1 Like

I think it will be great because it’s purely in-game communication. Some players have never used the discord or the forums. They will be able to see hunt announcements, events, Lovestruck trade info, etc.

4 Likes

Would it be possible to change the Debug UI font size?
When playing on a 4k display the font is teeny tiny!

Settings > game > Interface scale/HUD scale

the new universal messaging features will be misused (already have been) and the messaging interface as a whole is still as inflexible as before but hopefully more additions will be forthcoming. eventually.

How so? 10 chars
It is moderated.