Release 239: Lovestruck and Prototype Creative Mode!

I cannot describe how glad I am that this has happened

4 Likes

Happy to see this :slight_smile: IMO it’s good the method was made public to bring attention to it.

4 Likes

Glad to see this go away.

3 Likes

Can someone help me understand what botting is in boundless? In other games I played Botting was like , having many characters all stacked up and then they all attacked things together…like gold farmers.

What is botting in boundless?

1 Like

Using an automated program to do things in game without the players input.

One example would include a macro that automatically hits gleam with a hammer and throws regen bombs on a repeating cycle. Such macros are unfair to people who do the same legitimately, and as such have now been officially banned.

The only exception is macros that allow disabled people to play when they otherwise wouldn’t be able to properly.

2 Likes

by botting is meant only fully automated farming or even this one ?

because I don’t mine otherwise anymore

Playing many characters at once is called multiboxing. Botting is about the automation of gameplay. You may need a certain degree of automation to be able to multibox of course, but botting in itself doesn’t rely multiple characters.

1 Like

Just think botting = bot = robot. If a robot (not you, but a series of code or whatever) is doing something, then it’s considered botting.

If you can walk away from your computer whilst your character is still able to do multiple actions, that’s botting :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What if it’s other characters controlled by the input of one character? Like alts multiboxing, I mean. Wouldn’t that mean the alts following and being run by someone not directly playing them are bots too?
Genuine question
Edit: oh, I see it’s been mentioned already, lol.

Well that’s called multiboxing, as you said, so that overrides the need of naming it botting. But I think because you’re controlling what happens in real time, its not classed as botting?

I’d personally consider it some form of botting and is pretty BM (bad manners) depending what you’re doing with the characters. But I think the only real benefit of mulitboxing is hunting, or Lovestruck trading :laughing:

2 Likes

That makes sense, lol. Ugh, you ever have like this perfectly thought-out wording for a question and it exactly expresses what you want to ask but then you do a dab and your question ends up coming out not even close to what you wanted it to be? :woman_facepalming:t4:

2 Likes

I understand that only too well :joy:

1 Like

Since no one answered. @james @lucadeltodecso is this not ok?

Also I’m disabled and can’t do the constant mining and regen but on ps4 so can’t bot farm or mine at all. How are you making this fair for ps4 players that need help but can’t script? Or are we just sh*t out of luck?

Just got to enjoy what ps4 has got. It is a shame energy went into something not all players can use. But hey we can still enjoy the disadvantages ps4 has in this game. If we cannot even mint anything of value why even bring it to the game…scrap it. It’s not worth minting anything anyway. Thanks pc users

If you walk away from the game and it continues doing actions for you while you’re away, it’s not allowed. But if you’re simply using the rubberband to “toggle” the button down while playing, I personally see no problem with it.

3 Likes

Im on ps4 and i think its fine they test things on pc before they are available to us. The two systems are worlds apart from eachother. If they only pushed content simultaneously on both platforms, the delay would be tediously noticeable.

Its mostly down to platform functionality and sony being rigid in its processes.

2 Likes

Anything is better than 0. I have a lot of garbage that would take too much effort to sell in shop or the forum. It’s easier to mint it for a couple coins than for nothing

1 Like

I disagree…but hey I am still playing.

1 Like

Yes u are correct.

1 Like