Release 242: Beacon Reclaims and Compactness!

deplotter…and yet not done yet just i wish and really wish…we could deplot a plot just as fast as plotting one i just hate the waiting time on it

2 Likes

Exploits be exploits. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I do hope this all gets fix. Economy stuff can really mess with things.

It is already fixed… the Developers handled this expediently

1 Like

if i cannot fix my problem i have an easy solution :slight_smile:
i will just buy and spend thousands of euro’s on plots and plot the entire xa frant planet making it into 1 compact planet

ps @krasniy dont invite me to bitulla i hate that planet xD

2 Likes

Host not sure you saw my message but I am more than happy to venture over there later to help in any way I can… i do have one prior city to visit first as a promise is a promise. Let me know privately… i am sure your issues can be resolved

i know u offered and a few others but my issue can only be resolved if i spread my entire plot across multiple beacons same goes for roads, i pass on that so i remove some roads parts i wont be using and expand it on my main base. if this wont solve it i will start crying

1 Like

Lol you know you love Biitula!
Of course if you are religious XA FRANT is definitely the right planet, a definite holy place… FULL OF HOLES THAT IS LOL :wink: Xa Frant IS a pretty planet though so I get why you all like it there its a BIITULA 2.0 :wink:

1 Like

Yes large beacons are a double edged sword… my main beacon was a nightmare for a time. .

it will never be near a Biitula, xa frant is spawned by oortian gods and a aura shield of critical protection has been given to us

And yet, this was not an exploit. It wasn’t even using game mechanics in a way that was not intended by the designers, it was a too high a mint value…

Fixed within 12 hours of it being public knowledge, shouldn’t have had a huge impact on the economy…

1 Like

Have you considered that I just got bored of hearing the same, tired excuses for poor behaviour from all of those scenarios and decided to say something now that the same “reasoning” is raising it’s head yet again? Probably not, it’s far easier to denounce what someone is saying by attacking them and picking holes in their past (in)actions than actually dealing with what they’re saying here and now.

As to ‘passion for justice’… you’re reading into it far too much. I have little passion left for this game, and even less for it’s community. In fact, just yesterday I reclaimed all my builds so that I can finally ‘properly’ put the game down in the hope that when I come back to it, it’ll be more to my liking (released private planets, at the very least). I still hope for a positive outcome with anything I say here, but I have very little stake in this right now.

Ultimately, I’m just calling it as I see it. I’m not “condemning” people, as has been suggested by another poster. I’m condemning actions.

1 Like

It was an overlooked minter coin value in the update that was forgotten about…

it was 100% legal for players to sell spark at that price and it was not an Exploit at all…

That being said as before, the Developers corrected this value in record time… All is good. If you sold spark, good for you, and you did nothing wrong.

2 Likes

I was not singling you out @Marrash if you took it that way I humbly apoligize…

I agree that this spark thing was an OOPs, but these things happen. The Devs fixed it lightning fast! The Gleam thing went on for quite a long time… I wonder how many took advantage of that for weeks and months… Imagine what they could have made coin wise? staggers the thought!!!

As for reclaiming I am sorry to hear this… BUT do not give up on Boundless!!! You mentioned private planets, I think those will be super awesome for the community!!! I believe the framework is pretty nearly setup for it (Exos adding and removing planets, Reclaim system, etc…) so God Willing your wait will be short! Please keep the faith!!!

In the meantime I invite you to setup a workshop in the great city of A X :eight_pointed_black_star: N until your new private planet is a reality and get a head start on building up a material supply, etc so you can run out of the starting gate ready to build on your planet!

Oh, I haven’t given up on Boundless at all. There’s just so much potential here. I’ll admit, there have been steps in a direction I’m not keen on, but when I think about what Boundless could be, I can’t imagine ruling it out entirely. That’s why I’ve kept my beacons fueled for as long as I have. I want to return at some point, and I don’t want to loose it all.

While I appreciate the invitation, I’m going to pass. I think the best way for some people (myself included) is to step back and have a proper break to see where things end up. After all, I don’t want to carry on with a game I’m not enjoying “enough”, only to find that I burn myself out when it gets good. I had been a little begrudging that the best I could hope for was to load my inventory with the most expensive things and sell the rest, so the Reclaim system has come at a most fortuitous time and is very welcome.

I’ll still hang around the forums (how else am I going to keep up with what’s going on?), so I’ll no doubt still stick my oar in when I think that a development decision is an especially poor one (or an especially good one), or when someone says something that I strongly disagree with.

3 Likes

Does the new beacon compactness logic have any consideration for bridges? I have a large, non-compact beacon on Alcyon over a lava lake

Is there a way to modify it so it still works as a bridge, but has a positive prestige again?

2 Likes

From what I know you could try increasing the rows of plots for each bridge, 4 to 5 rows of plots, assuming you got the plots. From what I see your bridges are two rows of plots wide.

2 Likes

contact devs - they can make an exception maybe; I think their intention is to allow certain cases if they are not abusive - in this case it’s clearly not, as it’s all lava unplotted and that’s a natural and obvious choice to bridge build to closest shores and leave lava out; there will be no race for that lava area between many players so your plotting there doesn’t look like you were trying to be ahead of someone, right?

to be 100% sure if it’s possible to have this allowed just contact @james

Yup… start filling it in so it is more of a box. At some point you will have enough surface area of a box that the bridges won’t matter. That is what this new patch expects.

2 Likes

The system does not make exceptions…

Widen your bridge plots…and make tge center plotted as a square… should work.

wow this looks amazing. Thumbs up, way up, for this update!