Release 242: Beacon Reclaims and Compactness!

Where was this passion for justice when the gleam exploit was going on for weeks/months? Where was the passion for justice when it was clear a lot of people were botting/autoing the gleam???

This spark thing went on for less than 24 hours…gleam was waaaay longer.

I respect you are upset about all the money made here but where is the parity?

1 Like

I also think the “big money” made here was by people with tons of stored spark. But all the complaints aren’t taking into account how much time it took for them to collect / generate all that spark. I am sure it was done over long periods of time.

To me its the same as someone who happens to have a stockpile of bitter beans from when they were cheap and then when the price goes up, they choose to liquidate. In this case its just some people had a stockpile of spark.

There was some bad math and big numbers being thrown around… yes the value was set too high (but to me, not crazy high), but I think “the sky is falling” reaction in the forums made it seem way worse than it really was.

Just my 2 cents.

8 Likes

Hahah didn’t see the other message. I’ll donate you some peat :wink:

3 Likes

Hahahaha. Your generosity is greatly appreciated… wait, what? Peat?
…son of a… well I guess it’s the thought that counts.

5 Likes

Yo I got you man, I can get you all the peat you want! Don’t mention it :wink:

3 Likes

I saw good discussion and a lot of interesting perspectives, but I’ve personalized my forum experience to miss out on a few hyperbolic posters. They fixed the problem quickly enough it shouldn’t really mean much.

7 Likes

For once our views are very, very similar!! :laughing: I think that is the perfect answer to sum the whole thing up!!

3 Likes

Way to many pitchforks and burning stakes. The condescending talk is unnecessary. The impact will be minimal and life will go on.

Stop the mob mentality.

2 Likes

You are taking a quick comment and making a huge set of assumptions. See the forrest I am talking about instead of arguing with me on whether the tree is an oak or birch.

I am sure no one here is likely happy with people that have abused any system that caused a nerf or hurt the larger community. My comments are general enough to get that idea and not have to turn it into another long drawn out argument because it used a word you didn’t like.

2 Likes

Not that I need a pat on the back or anything, because I don’t, but I am finally in the 1%. I did not put spark in the minter. I would rather have the spark, that’s just me.

4 Likes

All I want to know is…did I get high score? lol …or should I say low score? haha!

highscore

9 Likes

Lol is there any lower?

I’m sure there are quite a few of us that didn’t bother to mint our spark. I still need to go farm coal and spark to craft all of the items I need for my build lol.

Edit: On a side note, I really hope so me poor player didn’t buy out my shop stand of charcoal last night in the hopes it would make spark. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

are you secretly @HOST because the only person that uncompact is him

1 Like

I think you deserve a forum badge. What do you think @Leahlemoncakes? :laughing:

3 Likes

It was on my (now deleted) unfinished “Race Around the World!” event. Mainly a 1 wide road around the entire planet…I had big fun plans but life gets in the way :slight_smile:

Well now you just need to plot both halves of the planet :wink:

3 Likes

i had it on -98 and i removed 2k plots…and im down to -86…well at least there’s progress in a way… :thinking::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Also i knew and saw the posts about spark minting value ,also have near 150mill spark yet did not abuse the mistake and did not mint it, and hoped for a quick fix. as a boundless lover it does not feel right to do such things. Thats just how i feel :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

oO Did you do that by removing beacon or with deplotter?

1 Like