Release 242: Beacon Reclaims and Compactness!

It still much almost no different to warp back at home then comeback.

The only issue i see from this is that it’s not looking good gameplay wise. Like item vanishes somewhere then you recall them back.

I still do not see the exploit part of it, maybe some one can enlight me.

2 Likes

To be honest, the magic diaper (backpack) doesnt really seem much different. This just expands on that concept. I agree with you though. I am not sure i see where the problem is.

Yes it will be interesting to see if people really decide to abuse this and just nerf the feature for everyone in a few months. That seems to be the consistent theme of excessive exploit or use of something just resulting in everyone getting hurt in the long run.

Personally I would prefer they just track the amount of reclaims and anyone that abuses it loses the ability permanently. We needed much more direct blocking or repercussions to those that abused all these systems versus a whole community being hit by it.

2 Likes

Is that permanently in the same way as people say “banned” when they mean temporarily suspended or is this seriously meant to say permanently?

Tad harsh tho huh? Someone using an in-game system in a way people do not like and boom, sorry, you can never ever use this again! Wanna move in the future? Tough! Forget to fuel your beacon? Byebye mats!

Am all for first checking to see if people abuse it as badly as some always seem to think before trying to solve it, but to track the amount of reclaims and if it goes past a certain, unknown to us, threshold and you lose the ability forever is not a solution, that is how people quit a game, especially if they never knew it was not allowed or wanted behaviour…

3 Likes

Is it beneficial to sell spark on stands? Or to stay with coal?

Coal can also be used in furnaces, so it opens the market to more buyers.

1 Like

Do people prefer to buy compacted or raw?

Nope… not harsh at all. Look at all the people that immediately abused the peat-spark-mint loophole. They took advantage of the system for their own gain and didn’t care about anyone else in the process but themselves. Some of us didn’t use it but now all are affected.

Same went for the rock/stone exploit and tons of other things that were nerfed. I don’t see why those type of people who chose to act like that really deserve the options. In some cases it is nicer to remove them from the equation than changing the equation.

In the case of the reclaim that is true… you can give a warning of the abuse or solve…for many of us it is nice to have it as an occasional FREE feature. But if people abuse it, it will get restricted and then either cost coin or some other thing putting a burden on the people that just used it every so often. So instead of nerfing the whole thing - nerf the real problem - the person abusing it.

Had we taken more strong actions towards those that act foolish parts of this game would have less restrictions and systems in it. Making it ultimately nicer for everyone…

But don’t fear this is a personal opinion of mine… the Devs have a simpler view of things - limited systems until people abuse it - then stop the abuse with a tweak - people make the game they play in.

Just some of us wish certain things weren’t ruined for everyone. I was talking with an old friend recently about how nice EA was and even though there was drama people got along better. Things have changed in release and much of the public worlds and some actions of people really makes some want to run away and play in another universe or are happy things like private planets/creative exists. Personally I am very sad to hear things like that because in the end I don’t think people are “bad” just sometimes they make decisions that don’t help anything and instead should choose another action.

4 Likes

Wish they would BAN the cheaters botting too.

When i farm i am there doing the work.

Meanwhile botter /scripter person could be at a movie!

The fact that they continue to get away with it makes me feel us legit players are just laughed at by them

2 Likes

This is pretty far-reaching.
A minter value was set and people used the minter. Where’s the loophole? Has anyone making inflammatory comments like this even tried seeing exactly how much effort it took to make decent coin from peat?

3 Likes

I think only those who had millions of spark already hoarded can say it was easy coin lol.

I dumped like 3 or 4ss last night and got around 130k? I get that same ammount selling oort lol

4 Likes

So you would want to ban them all? Or never ever be able to use spark? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Difference of opinion indeed!

Thing is, I am all for more harsh punishments if people keep doing things they full well know is against the rules, but I also do believe in trying to get them comply first after a warning or two.
I also believe we should not worry to death about new features potentially having negative uses either. Sure some thought should go into it, but I feel that one can also just see what happens first and then react to it.

But to punish people with a permanent punishment no less that would severely hamper their future play WITHOUT any notice at all, without even knowing if it was against some rule is not a good way to keep your players happy.

I play to enjoy myself, to not worry about real life stuff, if I have to wonder with everything I do if it might be something the devs are tracking and that I suddenly might lose a game feature then I will not enjoy myself anymore and will move on.

Of course there are also things that are not against any rule and that some people feel they should simply know it’s not done is something that one should not talk about in such harsh words. I mean, plenty of things you feel that players should not do where I might not agree and vice versa. If the devs make a booboo like with the spark mint value, sure, one knows it’s a mistake, but you also know many people will be using it to gain some quick coin, to not do it is being a thief of your own wallet (Dutch saying). I did not farm peat endlessly or did anything special. I had bought some spark for a good price and it was meant to be for future use, I also had set up several sets of spark gens to leisurely create a bunch of spark for my own use in the past week, but once I read about this I decided to turn it all into quick coin and get more spark on a later date. It’s why I also bought a bunch of coal right away, some ended up being minted too, most is still being converted in my generators as I type this.

So in your eyes I did something you do not like and if you were a dev you would severely punish me, so yes, I am glad the devs think differently about it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m making a public spark factory: Accepting shares

This wasn’t an exploit that people took advantage of, it was displayed at 28c per spark unit and worked as intended. You cannot get banned for taking advantage of this. Was just a mistake or an oversight. I took advantage of it, because I knew nearly everyone else who knew about it would do the same, so I didn’t want to be behind or miss out. I benefited 450k coin. Which if we’re being honest is a fraction of what some people got out of it. There are people out there who had billions of spark saved up :astonished:

Personally I would be 100% happy with a roll back, or reimbursement of spark for the coin made :+1:

I’m not gonna pretend im an economist, but I think its probably quite bad for the economy that some people had the chance to make millions of coin from this mistake.

8 Likes

Feel free to donate it to the guild if it’s burning a hole in your pocket. Bahahaha.

3 Likes

i carry at least 1 spark around with me at all times

1 Like

This is aimed at anyone who thinks like this, as opposed to you specifically, but:

That kind of logic is exactly why these things become a problem. Comparing yourself to others and using that to legitimise doing things that deep down, you know are wrong. It’s just selfish. For a game that’s supposed to have a good community, that’s the kind of behaviour that should be discouraged.

I guess it doesn’t mention sharing the world in a ‘fair’ manner, but I’d say it’s implied.

That would be the best solve from my perspective, if they have time to implement it. Personally I’d rather they gave people a bit of a slap on the wrist by keeping a small percentage of the sparks (so it has more effect on the people based on how excessively they tried to use it) , but I think any kind of ban would be taking it too far for this.

The sad truth is, you gotta take advantage of it, because 99% of people who knew about it, did. Its not about being selfish, its about assessing the situation and doing what you gotta do

3 Likes

So is that a no on the donation… or?

Hahahahaha.

3 Likes

I have missed some opportunities before, on this sort of logic. Logic which I wouldn’t even frame as judgmentally and overbearingly as you have here.

More a matter of “this seems to be too good to be true I’ll wait and see”.

If the devs had come out condemning this mistake, were unable to update for some reason, whatever, and pointedly stated that they didn’t want it used a lot of people would have probably complied, and calling for some punishment might be justified.

As it is it seems there are some sour grapes being poured around the forum today. Understandable, sure.

Minter prices are dynamic. If the minter offers a good price and you have excess of the item put it in, it’s what the minter is for. If the devs aren’t happy with the price, they can change it.

Despite overuse of this term at these forums, there wasn’t any exploit here, no shifty mechanic employed, no steps to take advantage of a loophole. The devs haven’t even taken a second to statet hat it was a mistake.

Before the news broke wide yesterday (and even after) there were plenty of people saying they already felt the market price for spark was ‘too cheap’. Well, any excess got wiped yesterday and now we can see what sort of market develops with the new mechanic in play.

I don’t think it was done on purpose, but it was handled quickly and id likely to have some positive effect overall. I’ve been clear on what I did about it so take this as you will, but condemning people and acting like this is some sort of social tragedy seems a little much to me.

6 Likes