Release 242: Beacon Reclaims and Compactness!

Oh good. It will take me sometime to fill in the gaps.

Awesome.

Better get that spaghetti out of my way

2 Likes

:spaghetti: anyone know where buugi’s base is? I need to put up a sign!

:rofl:

3 Likes

Everywhere

3 Likes

Now there is a new value. My compactness is at the critical level (18\100). If the indicator falls below zero my prestige will automatically become equal to “0”?

2 Likes

yes 10 chars

You did not know?

ALL OUR BASES BELONG TO BUUGI lol

2 Likes

The territory "added today"is marked in red.
Prestige has grown to 70. The status of the settlement’s founder returned. And the planetary rank of the city.

8 Likes

Some solid and much needed changes here! I view this as an absolute win!

4 Likes

Is there a chance we could get a remote beacon removal option? I’m not sure about how much benefit is gained vs. development time to add it, but it seemed like a cool option for me atm :thinking:

2 Likes

Updated OP with details of 241.1 fixed.

Some of the issues require a client update. This needs to be built and sent to PlayStation for approval. This could take up to 8 hours. Hopefully faster. We will need a brief downtime to deploy once approved.

20 Likes

Thanks for adjusting spark :slight_smile:

4 Likes

While mining, put down a new beacon and store your stuff in it. Continue mining. Return home. After 2 hours, remote remove the beacon and get all your loot delivered to you.

I think that’s to easy to exploit.

2 Likes

Sounds like FedEx delivery lol…

Seems like an exploit to me… not sure what can be done (other than monitoring each reclaim from the mining worlds by the Devs and DELETE any players reclaim caught abusing this!!!) Without causing dire issues to the entire reclaim system

I did reclaim one old beacon in Shedu Tier and I think planet crashed when it got to beacon :confused:

yes Shedu Tier is down. Looks like the bug is still ongoing then.
Limited T6 travel for now

It’s back up

2 Likes

Can’t you just delete a beacon before you return home anyway?

2 Likes

A beacon has to be two hours old to be deleted. In theory if you arrive to mine and place a beacon and then mine for two hours, then yes you can reclaim the beacon before you leave. If you place a beacon mine for an hour and then leave. The system would require you to go back to the beacon in order to reclaim it. Is this enough of obstacle to curtail the exploit James was worried about? We shall see. He does not want this to turn into cloud storage for mining.

3 Likes

I think this might be more of a cloud backpack. 2 hours is likely enough for most players. I think players going out for large amounts of crafting blocks (sand, gravel, tree trunks etc) will absolutely use it. And maybe that is acceptable.