Release 244: Smarter Stacks and Stability!

Love the world builder changes, thank you James and thank you Luca!

2 Likes

I’ve only done a few meteorites since the fix and I can already tell the difference here - thanks for that.

3 Likes

Mind explaining? I didn’t get that part lol

Is it fixing the random gleam colors that showed up in non-gleam meteors? Because I was getting mostly perm-world colors on those which seemed fishy

2 Likes

If you’re talking to me…

Previously if you added multiple instances to a decoration node and gave them the same constraintType the game would look at the first instance and load it up just fine. It would take the second and load it up usually fine but maybe less than the density/threshold you specified. It would take the third and not load it at all unless (as far as my testing went) the density value was greater than the previous two densities.

Now you can use whatever densities you want because it will look at all of the instance nodes randomly which gives you a better chance of getting all of the multiple types to spawn.

For the second bullet I think it just means that higher densities won’t necessarily butt out lower density objects until you hit an overall density value of 1.0 on the decoration node. Although I’ve had trouble using densities over -0.7. A density of 1.0 would mean that every block of the given constraint types would have an instance spawned on it (afaik). So instead of a forest, for example, you’d just have a massively fat continuous tree :laughing:

1 Like

Oooo yes! I also noticed that we were getting a lot of permanent color gleam which was awful

1 Like

Oh I don’t have access to the world builder but it’s nice to see improvements on that area too since I’m hoping private works will arrive soon

1 Like

Of course, if ALL the meteors now have exclusive color gleam in them (or have the chance of it), my timers are doomed :joy:

Not complaining. Bring it on. My grapple skills have increased tenfold in the past week.

4 Likes

Gleambow is definitely the best grapple training chance. Even if you are slow the first days you can certainly improve a lot of you keep trying

3 Likes

This is very true, crossing 4 regions in 30 secs lol

3 Likes

I’m both improving and dying more… :sweat_smile: Meaning, moving quicker, but getting more reckless, had like half a dozen Grapple-Splat deaths at least while flying around hunting yesterday. :skull:

3 Likes

My avatar is full-on addicted to the jelly :joy: I’ve got that buff up almost constantly while hunting now. Spent the first day dying constantly from splats hahaha. I shudder to think about the coin I’m wasting now, but even having personally eaten through 3-4 mass crafts of jelly already, I still have over 1000 sacs in storage. Should still be able to profit handsomely from them when this is over. Appreciate how cheap these gleam foods are to craft!

3 Likes

Before the event I’ve never been killed by a meteor, but I think during gleambow I’m already on time 4 of meteor death. Running too hard and forget to look up.

Reminds me of baseball or football

3 Likes

Now that I’m building a stockpile, going to start making them… or might just buy to use, as I’m earning a lot of coin various ways here (and saving on Oort with all I’m getting). :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really want a gleam oorty in every color just cause. And I feel like my jelly addiction is really putting a dent in that dream.

2 Likes

I am confused.

Can you eat /drink multiple of the food to get a longer buff duration.

Like, can I eat 2 Popsicle in a row and have the buff for 2 minutes? And each Popsicle I eat while running adds a minute?

If so, that would be awesome and solve my frustration with having such a low timer! I would have enough time to get across the larger water bodies!

We are rekt :joy:

2 Likes

Use floating pies instead. I do.

1 Like

That would be smart if I had any on hand! lol. Thankfully/unfortunately the jelly is super cheap to craft so its easier for me to obtain than the pies at this point. But you’re right, I’d be doing myself a favor if I could find some pies hahaha

1 Like

Come shop at, the apparently often overlooked, Nova Golda Market on Trung!

Noms 'n More has floating pies…

5 Likes