Release 244: Smarter Stacks and Stability!

I could be wrong, but the way I read this is the first added post is what should have been posted when the event went live and was already happening (likely why people who group hunted for sacs got such crazy low timers)

The second post is what happened in the hotfix, so those “should” be the only actually new things since the hotfix.

6 Likes

Am I the only one experiencing some “dumber” smart stacks today? I seem to recall the “Shift - click” working to keep the same alloy together if there was available space in the stack, but now it just hops to the smallest stack first in line in the inventory, lots of messed up gold/silver/titanium stacks even though there was space… And it isn’t keeping forged things separate when I move those towards a forged stack of the same forge…

Maybe I’m miss remembering, and these were never features of smart stacks (I could have sworn they were). Also I am moving items out of reclaim if that makes a difference, and it was this morning around 11am EDT.

Hey ho,

I don’t know if I like the new randomness, am I the only one?:thinking:

Greetings

@james Any plans to allow us to make Ornate Metal Doors in any metal?
I can’t seem to make them in Titanium Alloy, which baffles me. They’re apparently still locked to Silver and Gold.
I actually thought these were included in the change of the last update. :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

For now that is intentional that they are just the gold and silver (higher building prestige item) instead of opening it up to any metal and letting you use copper etc

1 Like

And what is the reasoning behind that then?

2 Likes

I’d rather build for looks than prestige to be honest

9 Likes

And titanium is supposedly the most prestigious so i cant see why not include it.

5 Likes

Please give us ornate metal doors in all metals. Change the recipe to use one less alloy and add bars to determine the metal type. Or keep the alloy cost the same and add the bars. Either way works. I’ve been waiting for iron ornate doors.

9 Likes

Or, simpler.
Rename “Ornate Metal Door” to “Ornate Alloy Door”.
Add a new “Ornate Metal Door” that only take copper and iron and a new “Ornate Titanium Door” that only takes titanium.
Problem fixed. :wink:

As much as I don’t like having bloated recipe lists, in this case, I wouldn’t mind.

2 Likes

Updated OP with details of the recent releases.

12 Likes

Updated OP with details of fixes included in an earlier hotfix.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Updated OP with details of a PS4 only update.

There have been a number of crashes on PS4 where players were modifying many chunks in a short period of time. The remeshing logic attempted to make sure all chunks were updated simultaneously to make sure no gaps or inconsistencies would be presented. However this could mean that the meshing could get significantly behind the players activity and result in a very expensive update once it was able to catch-up. This could lead to the PS4 running out of available RAM and crashing. We’ve back ported this fix from Testing.

12 Likes