Release 247: Sovereign and Creative Worlds!

Because rentals show up in your sanctum sky, they are on your fuel/key list, and a lot of them aren’t offering public access. If someone is 100% sure they don’t want a planet, they should be able to delete it. Plus, I assume it takes up Wonderstruck resources (whether it’s adding to logs or instances, data costs etc)

4 Likes

If anyone wants a private world terminated please PM me for now.

All beacons are automatically reclaimed during this process.

7 Likes

Yep, this. There are a few I’d to scrap to clean up the Sanctum a bit if that were an option we had - nothing worth putting in a request for in my case, it isn’t a big deal, but I would use the option to do so on our end if it were there. Although I have public access on all mine, I don’t think the ones I’d scrap are really getting visited, at least I don’t think that much.

Did you know you can check who has visited your planet in the world control, in the citizens part?

2 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile: I had thought when I first saw that it was just showing my friends list, now I see they have added others. Pretty cool, and confirmed what I thought really - the ones without portals I checked aren’t really getting visited. BUT, the ones I have set up portals to have had more than I would have thought! :smiley: Happy if people are getting use out of the gleam and other resources on them!

3 Likes

I was interested to see which types of planets players prefer as sovereigns. So before the first planets start to run out, I created this with the help of @Dhusk’s Planet Explorer:

Last Updated: 2020-10-08T22:00:00Z

22 Likes

I didnt find sovereign worlds value for money.

U pay an ongoing fee which is quite high to access a world which I found had quite bad latency. This was relative to using a free world. You also cannot change aspects once its been generated ie atmosphere. They have time stamped block changes. Though I dont see the point of that now when all of the blocks on offer are available on other planets. Sure I can go around and look at the blocks and pick the one I like, but if I want to be able to change it, if I am paying I shouldnt be forced to wait.

So:

High price
Bad latency
Unable to customise some components or change things

3 strikes and youre out IMO.

1 Like

I don’t think your post is on topic, so I’ll keep this short. It sucks that so much dev time went to something you don’t want to spend money on, but I think the overall long-term benefits will be good even if only a small number of people maintain planets.

2 Likes

Gets me far the hell away from players like you. I’d call that a home run… :man_shrugging:t2:

IMG_2441

Edit: I didn’t intend for this post to be harmful; just a stupid joke. I thought about it and quickly deleted it because of its potentially harmful tone. Since individuals are having to screenshot it in an attempt to rehash it or keep it going, then I’ll just restore it. You don’t like it, just flag it and our lovely ‘Leader’ will quickly sweep it under the rug, I promise.

I’m not trying to win any popularity contests here… that ship sank a looong time ago. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, both negative and positive, and I’m allowed to share mine too. If any of you truly considered that an attack, keep kicking this hornet’s nest and I’ll glady give you much clearer examples next time.

6 Likes

I think its fair To let him say what he thinks…
If theres no critique how you could improve?

Edit.
Im Also curious whats next… I have played the game less and less past few months… Sovereigns were deffo not For me… Cool addition but just not For me.

7 Likes

Thank you

Its sad that people find it necessary to bag out those with a difference of opinion. Im merely stating my opinion on the topic. Its not off topic if im replying to the original thread as well…

Regardless of new updates…

Ive played boundless for since its release and purchased it on both console and pc.

I still play it, I just dont think that the worlds are for me. Again i respect the hard work and effort that went into them. But imho I think dev team time is spend better elsewhere. Again IMO.

3 Likes

I was of the same opinion as you at the start of this update. I actually dreaded the permanent abandonment of the permanent planets. I have since changed my mind. It was a pleasure to be invited by friends from their world that they created from nothing, to share their joys with them. As I myself do not have the usefulness of such a property (money does not concern me, but it has value), I also succumbed to the possession of a planet. I was very curious to discover the process of creation. In the end I was so happy with the result that I had tears in my eyes, I do not regret and I decided to concern this first and only planet. I warmly thanked the developers. This update is a huge bonus but I agree with you that it is not a major evolution of the game. I am for the freedom of the criticism like it or not. Cordially

3 Likes

Actually is in line with other games I play and how much a game server cost.

Possibly your Internet? We have not experienced this on our Sovereign. I actually find their servers more stable than other games I play.

Simple, if this was possible everyone would stay on their own planet and not traverse the universe.

Actually this is not true. They have promised this functionality from the beginning and also is something almost every game offers in modern online gaming, the ability to have your own server.
It had also rejuvenated the player base and I have seen a good number of new players now playing.

You have to remember if you are entitled to your opinion and voice it others are too and will as well. I don’t think anyone had been rude to you, they have just expressed their difference in opinion. I haven’t seen anyone bagging you out. When you make an opinion post you have to be willing to accept others opinions even if they may not be in line with yours and not take it ad an attack. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I want to point out that he was the victim of a derogatory comment. This one has been withdrawn.

Everyone needs a break. Temp locking this thread for now.

This topic was automatically opened after 29 hours.

I’m not sure this assumption holds true. Not least because of necessary skills and skill set limitations, I have a miner and an explorer (and a gardener, and a lumberjack, and a digger). If I could change aspects of a world post-creation without requiring the complexity of destroying & recreating it, it would only mean my gatherer stays there for ease, sometimes. They would still even then visit other planets for better/different resource distribution, to avoid grind burnout, to see the game you pay for, to see other builds and so on.

If I understand world generation correctly, the capability the user wants (to modify aspects of the world) exists but is behind an out-of-game process and a time limit unless they want to run concurrent rentals. It could be time-gated or similar if gathering abuse were a concern, like one colour per 24 hours or something.

Dunno, just thinking aloud. I read your comment and thought ‘Wow that’d bore me!’ and it made me think about the current process.

It may bore you and I but I could see many players taking to staying on their planet mostly and not visiting the universe except for resources their sovereign didn’t offer. However with a 64 region planet you can manage a good number of resources that would require you to go out to the universe much less. Especially if they were only interested in new colors. Let’s face it there are a good number of folks that have massive amounts of resources stored up where they could disappear for months without needing to mine ore or other ingredients to keep them going.

Not saying your wrong but more likely we are both partially right LOL

Haha, RNG on these sure likes certain names, just saw this pop up on the scanner! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

So… About these release notes… Been a month now, are they ready for posting?

1 Like