Remove centraforge and replace with?

I am not against coin machines totally, But whats that got to do with forge RNG? Or time based skill progression on the forge?

Adding a coin machine would help and hurt the game. But that is a totally different subject lol.

Youll help the specialized stores. & hurt the general goods/mats stores.

I did not mean to tag you with that response (sorry).

1 Like

All good, I am not here to argue. I am just here to let the devs know there is people that like a lil grind to keep their attention in the game. I dont make these comments to hurt everyones feelings. Just casual people need to learn that MMOs cant be that casual. Or there would be no crowd to help fund the game.

1 Like

I’m just throwing this out there but it really seems like James was advocating the coin machine it’s probably going to happen.

1 Like

It’s a bad solution. Doesn’t solve the root problem of the game when it comes to the economy. But at this point, I think it could be a temporary solution. The problem with it is we aren’t going to get content fast enough that gives us an actual true robust economy.

I still want this game though in this video. Boundless use to be called Oort Online too.

1 Like

Yea IF done right a coin machine would help a lot. But If its a coin machine that buys at avg in game prices, itll hurt because no one will go find a basket. hence taking stuff from the game and forging prices will skyrocket.

But if done to where people can sell byproducts like rocks from mining. etc it would help the economy a lot

Yea I can see this going in 2 directions

• players get the coin they need from the coin machine some players still sell to shops

• players get the coin from the coin machine no longer sell to shops.

Now if people stopped selling basic items to shops then that means more shop owners will have to grind or buy there stuff from other shops. But now that I think of it the more coin that gets circulated will supply players with the means to buy basic resources. For a lot of people coins enough to buy mats is hard to come buy so as long as they can sell off there :poop: resources then it should be okay.

1 Like

They said they’ll adjust the prices manually. And if they were dynamic, obviously it shouldn’t be avg price, but the median of lowest quarter of trades or something so players would most of the time be outbidding the machine.

1 Like

I’d rather we keep the centraforge. I find it fun, but I’m afraid of anything that makes the process much “easier” since we already have a resource surplus as James stated in another thread.

Yea we do but hopefully that will change as time goes on. I still think :thinking: another system could be in the cards down the road if things gear towards it.

So the question is what will this machine do for the economy I am actually excited to see such a thing having more coin circulating could be a big boost to the economy

• not a fix but a boost

My biggest concern is we can’t have something easier than forging because then even more resources flood the market and even a coin generator machine won’t help. at the same time if they make things harder tons more people will leave. The small changes they made to forging on it’s last pass made it much easier for me to actually do it and get the results I wanted (despite lots of people saying it was harder now).

I would rather an additional system be added, to the points earlier about EA, I list every teir of tool in game right now, i sell few of any of them (more iron than anything strangely). So currently these do not sell well, and while I would say the changes would make gem tools sell better (if they went back to EA) I really don’t see how it would help the rest of the tools.

So I think rather than replace the centraforge we just add augments to tools (I know this has been discussed before, and noted by the devs indirectly). Allow you to gain +aoe without other negatives but only that, or +dmg but only that, etc. You gain the benefit of targeting what you want but you are limited to one thing. To balance this, you can’t augment forged tools, if you could you would likely just stack damage, speed, and dura onto a tool then pop in the aoe and destroy a planet in the time it would take to sprint across it at max speed. But if you want more than one thing on a tool you have to forge it (and this might mean another pass over the forging system to compensate for it now having a simpler system along side it).

2 Likes

I like that system of augments on tools as a side thing to the forge more content is better then no content for sure.

3 Likes

I do to. I’d also like Augments to last a lot longer than 20 uses. x.x

1 Like

TL:DR Centraforge RNG encourages variety

I think the RNG part of the centraforge would be more acceptable if some boons were balanced. For instance on slingbows: weakeness, slow, and bleeding are next to worthless. I tested a lvl 4 weakness debuff and it lowered a cuttletrunk’s damage from 1400 to 1200. Ditto for reel speed on grapples. It just does not appear to work the way it is supposed to. A lot of items have extremely low base critical chance and critical damage, and so that makes either boon worthless on its own.

In my view, the RNG aspect works well with the variety of useful boons, and when there are few bad boons. I put a golden fist in the forge and can get damage, range, durability, speed, critical chance/power, glow, autoharvest - any of them are useful. The RNG does not really hurt here, it just means I’m not sure what I will get, but I will have a better fist than I started with. However, in the above cases for the slingbow, grapple, and crit, having useless boons makes the RNG a pain, and it could be seen as off-putting to new or infrequent players. Suppose you put a lot of materials/effort into something that sounds good like the damage over time of bleed, only to be disappointed when actually trying it out.

IMO how it should be is this - lower players can forge their gear to make it better, maybe not exactly what they want, but better. Higher players can afford to buy the stuff which is extremely rare and has a precise mix of boons (and possibly quirks).

You spot a super powerful enemy which is almost sure to kill you easily if you approach. From 50 meters out, you whip out your trusty slowing and weakening sniper and debuff the enemy to give the fight a chance, then rush in full guns blazing. Or, you are in a big battle with tons of enemies. You’re a support character and use a debuffing shotgun (or a debuff bomb) to help your team.

1 Like

Sorry, Work made me late to this rubble pounding party.

It doesn’t have to be easier.

RNG is not = to difficulty
RNG is = to bull████

Even a brain dead monkey can most likely pull a slot machine lever.

I don’t agree with this, when I witness people buying things like rock and stone, and other materials that anyone should be able to collect themselves but for whatever reason don’t/wont. then I am sure the lack of RNG will not mean everyone is going to make there own tools,

Furthermore I would debate that If I had my way with how the forge should work and make it based off of skill based events and not RNG, A system that requires skill, fast thinking and/or reaction time to execute correctly, the forge would be a lot more difficult to operate then it is right now. for the reason mentioned in my reply to AeneaGames

Yes there should be some rare things, but there isn’t anything exciting that is rare in this game. They should add extremely rare cosmetic drops, or pets, or mounts, or an item skin, or something that is unlike everything we do already have with a drop rate somewhere between 0.01% to 0.001%.

And they could add in rare drops for crafting special types of items, NOT forging an existing item, NOT buffing an existing item, but something 100% new.

I am a hardcore player and I disagree with RNG being an requirement to keep hardcore players.

RNG haves its place in some areas. Mainly Loot tables, The Centraforge is not one of them in my book

3 Likes

Haven’t read through all posts but I don’t think it should be changed at all. If max everything was just given to people or one hammer does 1x3 and another does 3x3 I don’t see many people mining or collecting the gems for a tool that does 1x3 or cross aoe. Even dungeons on other mmos you’re not guaranteed a tool/armor that will help you. It’s all rng. Why toss out rng? If you’re ok with it in other games you should be ok with it in boundless on the one thing that’s rng

1 Like

I am ok with it in other games because most other games (not counting Korean MMOs, They are sadistic with this) use RNG in a manor that seems fine or even good in some cases.

its not RNG that i don’t like, it is the implementation.

1 Like

What’s the detail on the coin generator machine people have mentioned?
I can’t find anything when searching.

1 Like