Remove footfall to balance out the playing field

You do not have to build in a city. You do need at least a portal. Just like in real life, you can have the best product known to man, and not tell anyone about it. guess how well you will do.

So everyone,Is this a complaint about YOu not get enough footfall as someone else getting some?" OR is this that you don’t want to work as hard as the builds that get more?

Because you got to think about the reality that if you do not let people come to you, via portal or advertising or building near a city, it does’nt matter if others get footfall or not. It still represents you will not get peoples feet walking into your build. Footfall helps us see how many people came into the build. It’s low enough of a price it’s not over powering. And if someone built something bigger and better than I want to try for, they deserve the extra people that might go look.

If portals were not hidden behind power, I agree with you. (And, please, spare me the “just buy it.” I get it, there is an economy). Due to the mid-game imbalance currently, combined with a seemingly large share of players that either don’t want/are unable to be a part of the economy, something needs to change to allow players to bridge that gap. Changing footfall is one such way. Fixing the mid-game loop is another. Since this thread is about footfall, I am discussing footfall.

In genreral to not a specific person: but to all that feel that taking footfall out of the game fixes the game.

If you don’t like that “certain guilds or players” is making a hub that thousands of people a day use it for free, Go build one yourself. Build a new hub, and get some friends together that donate oortstone to you, and do what they did. You have that freedom. And people will use it.

If I reply to a single person it will have quotes or you will see the reply to…

1 Like

I never said nor implied anything of the like. If you want to troll, do it elsewhere.

Your change would directly tie cash earned by player to what this player is doing. Not what others are doing as it is right now. So my incentive would be to maximize cash i earn. Your testing would fail to properly simulate how this affect the game, cause after the change is on, i would change how i play. First risk.
Now after optimizing for max gain i run to risk of people who didn’t have cash earlier has now a lot. They buy stuff. Additionally people who had money are also buying. This can lead to increase in prices. Second risk.
Increase in prices if taken into loop would end up with inflation - third risk.

Of course I don’t know if this would happen. Imho there would be very big change that it would, but that is only my opinion.

Sure, your system could be working, but would require careful balance. I can’t think of the way how to achieve it without world reset at the end of testing period.

1 Like

PS guild was offering 5m in prizes for eg.
I guess it’s nothing compared to the total coins that they currently have.

retirementfunds

this is my shop in the middle of nowhere*
8 plots - 16k prestige
2500 footfall coins in only 1 day
it’s not even popular.

now compare with hundreds of plots with
+million prestige points
+capital city bonus
+tax income
+2 week bonus period

it’s insane

1 Like

By the time the competition actually happens it will be closer to 10 or 12 million. Also this is literally all the money PS has. What else are we going to do with it…

1 Like

You make a fair point about play patterns. The system would need to be designed in such a way that play pattern has minimal effect. My ideal is that everyone would make the full amount if they just played the game for say an hour every day (that strikes me as fair. It could be longer or shorter based on balance or w/e).

So, again, keeping with the “we are just redistributing Xc daily, not adding more money” metric, if players that currently aren’t participating in the economy start buying stuff, it may drive up some prices, sure. I would argue that, then, prices are currently deflated but that is largely semantics. On the other hand, prices may drop as more stores open as more people can participate.

And regarding a wipe, I doubt it. I think (don’t know for sure, but think) this would have a smaller impact than the bomb mining change, and that didn’t merit a reset despite the stratification it has caused. You might have a few accounts sitting on several million coin, but if that isn’t a problem today then it (probably) won’t be tomorrow.

Is tax income working now? Last I saw, that’s not implemented. And there is no such thing as a capital city bonus.

Also, mathematically, I don’t believe you’re getting 2.5k FF from a 16k prestige plot in the middle of nowhere with a shop that’s not even popular. That would be either hundreds of visitors a day, or you’re not in the middle of nowhere, but in a high prestige city with a higher FF income rate. Either way, that rate sounds highly inflated to me.

3 Likes

Or shop in the middle of nowhere with very well placed portal to shopping center (like one on lamblis).

2 Likes

True, A portal to a major hub could achieve this I suppose, but then it’s not accurate to call it “not popular” if it’s getting that much traffic, and thus- overstated.

3 Likes

Am I understanding correctly that people that feel like they’re not making enough money are complaining that PS is giving away money? :stuck_out_tongue:

And if I am understanding it correctly, am I the only one that finds this a little incongruous? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I think they may be looking at it as “conspicuous consumption.” If a large chunk of the players can’t generate any money and this group of people are “flaunting” several million it can be seen as tacky/classist. I don’t know that I agree, but people are weird on the internet sometimes. :slight_smile:

yeah. This whole thread makes no sense to me. Why does someone else having money make people sad. Do your thing with your money. Progression in this game is slow. If you play the game and try to get more money, you will get more money. There will always be someone better than you.

Removing footfall is not going to affect the wallets of people who play a lot… They will simply find a different way to make coin and guess what:

You’ll still be poor

EDIT: not you specifically Arkhainn. I just mean the general “you”

1 Like

reddit

why i should inflate my own income kek
what i mean with ‘not popular’ was compared to the traffic hubs that have people walking 24/7
i just do the math

with the capital city bonus i’ve read it somewhere but i cannot find the th

it’s not my intention to mock your guild
i appreciate your work towards the community
i’m just pointing out that footfall coin is op right now

no no you’re good. it wasn’t taken that way. I wasn’t trying to jab you either sorry :slight_smile:
EDIT: just saying it’s not an insignificant amount of our money, it’s literally all of it

1 Like

This is not minecraft. Nothing wrong with footfall other than some people being jealous that someone is making a little extra coin because they spent the time to make a nice build.

2 Likes

No one is sad that other people have money (that I have seen in this thread), they are sad that that feel forced to play the game a certain way in order to make money, and that way can feel exploitative/is exploitative/is unbalanced with the rest of the ways to make money in game.

1 Like

PS was not the first hub. There were many before it. Anyone can make a hub and make coin

4 Likes

I don’t think there is a problem with footfall and would be sad to see it removed.

The real way to make coin is to play the market, particularly right now while the market is still very unstable.

5 Likes