Remove the tax sync from the game until it has a function

With out taxes you end up with hyperinflation, This has been explained multiple times in great detail by multiple people…

6 Likes

Agreed. But in the real world, that money is backed by something physical such as the Gold Standard. We don’t have a singular thing to base the value of coin on in-game. Oort would be the closest, but that’s not determined or agreed upon.Time is the only unifying metric everybody MUST account for and everybody values that differently. It is possible to get by in this game without spending ANY coin. Not easy, but possible. Each and every person has the possibility to collect all the mats they need to make anything and therfor is only limited by the time they can spend.

It’s REALLY tough to compare the economy in Boundless to a real world economy. So many more variables go into real world economics.

The devs can introduce GleamClubEXchange as an item that i can buy with real world money and then i can sell to you as a player can consume that item to give you gleam club as a way to stabilize the market.

How many players in this game… with reference to the total have THAT much coin. What about the guild buffs??? That’s a huge coin sink. The taxes have no purpose. It needs a game mechanic. It’s a negative game play feature.

Good question. From my expierence the notorious 1% have upwards of 5 mil. I personally have 1.2 mil. How much do you have? Rehtorical…in fear of being offensive.

I help run a guild for my city. but we don’t support guild buffs very often because they cost so much. So they are not a great coin sink.

Don’t get me wrong, I would love to see the tax’s go toward something beneficial. I also believe that struggle and challenge create value.

Sorry for disagreeing with you about removing tax’s. What say you about moving this thread toward what we can DO with the tax’s instead of losing them?

It’s all good it’s good to debate it.

2 Likes

Hmm, or perhaps if community rewards were tied into the totals paid? Like have little competitions like ESO does… we reach a certain amount in a given week (maybe 10% over our average), everybody who logs in at least once that week gets a nice reward of some sort, maybe even something exclusive or a unique color exo spawn?

3 Likes

Actually in the real world the US Dollar for example is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States. We moved off the gold standard in 1933. And the ability to redeem your dollars for a fixed amount of gold was stopped in 1971. Not sure if any other countries still use it or not.

5 Likes

What if the taxes for each planet went towards earning a buff of some kind for that planet ? A randomly selected buff that lasts a month and increases in power every tine a certain level of coin was hit ? Obvious down side is newer or less populated planets wouldn’t fair well I guess .

5 Likes

Something is better then nothing

I was just about to propose that myself lol, I’m based on Beckon and we don’t see many people but I still wouldn’t mind that idea it would somewhat influence the economy to do a lil bit better

4 Likes

It definitely shouldn’t be removed. Hyperinflation is real. That said, I personally think it should go into a special guild reserve only for buffs. From my experience a guild should have no negative aspect in a game. It should only offer rewards and not make feel obligated to trash their personal income to support it.
That way the money is gone from the economy and buff uptime goes up and cooperative gameplay is encouraged.
Alternatively, building epic stuff could be rewarded on a percentage of prestige value could be distributed in periodic coffers. That would encourage more varied gameplay. Or it could be a combination of both depending on the tax.

2 Likes

We’re printing money with the minter, feats, objectives and footfall. There has to be sinks so the money supply doesn’t inflate out of control. We have no idea how big of a contributor each of these factors are, but I suspect taxes are an essential part of it.

2 Likes

That really only applies to a very few players.

I was referring to the playerbase as a whole, economies don’t really care about individuals too much, just averages.

1 Like

I’m saying the same

Edit;

But at the same time that’s not a good economy function, it’s a band aid at best. And it penalizes a lot of players. It’s better to fix the function and improve the game.

That is true only if you stop creating new consumables, objects and services. That is, if the offer does not increase. As demand increases because there is more cash to consume, if supply does not increase, inflation is generated. But that cannot happen in this game, and if it happens, it would simply mean that the game died, because developers have not brought new content and players are not able to create new ways to offer services and create content for the game.

I think the game would be more lively if it wasn’t so hard to get started. You have nothing, no skills, no machines, and are locked out from performing basic task without relying on others and you don’t have enough money to advance to the point to do so. At max level I get levels so fast it’s ridiculous but early on they came slow and I broke tools and suffered being broke all of the time until I did oort hunts. I think the tax should go to players on new accounts to help them get started. That way it flows back into the economy and reflects the extra resource draw from a new player. Only if new players stop playing will inflation happen. A completely useless burn shouldn’t happen. I don’t think the minter should exist though, I feel like that is a bandaid similar to how the US burned crops to increase the price. It’s a stupid bandaid that drives up prices and destroys supply and hinders cooperation. This combined with taxes makes no sense whatsoever as they compete.

Just because I like my popcorn how about we increase tax by 40% to a total of 50%

3 Likes

Haha I thought about that during this conversation. Would certainly make the sales tax epic better. I want free healthcare then(no revive penalty)

1 Like