🎨 Rental Planet Colors

(this deserves it’s own thread & it was a bit off-topic for the other one, so I decided to move it here)

7 Likes

I think it would be a good idea to allow us to change it thru something afterwards anyway, if that is technically possible that is.

Something with cubits? A recolouring of a Sovereign World token?

Thing is, the people who go first will be bummed out that they have less choices than the people who create one after 50 player worlds are already up and I don’t want people to do the waiting game, I want people to get the darn things ASAP! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

It does seem like a bad tactic to make players spend irl $, to work their way through the color RNG, to open up colors for everyone else down the line. Maybe this could apply to gleam only, if they really want to keep gleam rarity.

For example, I don’t see a problem with allowing people to select luminous yellow grass and shadow red soil, if they want it. I don’t see any harm in people selecting white sand, black foliage, and luminous green timber with red spinebacks :woman_shrugging:

Players will love RNG surprises :thinking::unamused:

6 Likes

I suppose it would be too much flexibility in terms of getting a color you need at any given moment. Maybe there is that one color you want to build with and its on tier 6 world, and you have t2 sovereign and you change block to that color and farm tons of it. Than the following week you need a different color for a project (or someone wants to buy a lot) and you change colors again etc.

2 Likes

I’m okay with how it’s now on Testing actually. The idea was that we would gain new colours slowly when new planets would spawn. Back then I still had this idea that we would have had way more than 50 tho (hope they start advertising soon!), anyway, am still ok with it and how this will now go a teensy bit faster with rentals.

I don’t mind that a rental and thus a chance for a new colour costs money, heck, it might actually be a good idea of WS financially :wink:

I do however do not like the idea that several already mentioned they would be going to wait and see and let others get rentals first so they have more choice down the line.

This can be solved if there’s a cubit costing item with which we can change the palette of our Sovereign World… Then they do not need to wait it out, they can just go ahead!

Yes, yes, I want as many planets as possible popping up when this goes Live! I feel giddy by the idea of doubling (or more!) the amount of planets we have!

5 Likes

Hmm, yeah true, but, I still do not like the idea of people wanting to wait until more colours come out. If we all do that then no rental world will be bought ever! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

No one can wait forever haha - I think the desire to have one will win in many cases.
or…
@james please give a bonus of at least 1 block with a new color guaranteed for first 3 worlds rented :grin::sunglasses::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I NEED dark grey for IGN rock. the rest is fine :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Or, or, by renting a planet we get one token to change palette afterwards, will expire after say, two weeks? Or not expire at all, dunno what is best

1 Like

u mean a token guaranteeing a new color?

No, one token to change the palette afterwards.

Heck, perhaps give 3 tokens with the rental world. Each token can be used once to change ONE item’s colour?

How’s that sound?

2 Likes

Yeah I’d like that. You werent lucky enough to get a new color? Use 3 tokens to change 3 chosen blocks tint.
Available for first 10 rented worlds.

Can you sense a big war to get to that first 10? :grin:

Lol, nah not just the first 10, haha, always! Tho they will be less usable after a year I suppose when more colours are out!

2 Likes

ok, first 11? :wink:

1 Like

I think you should be to freely change the color of your world, but setting your color requires you to wait a set period of time before you can change it again (30-60 days?). Possibly also make a requirement to remove all plots on the world as well and require a world regeneration. That might be a bit too harsh though.

The problem I see appearing if players cannot change their color is just going “oh I am tried with this world, I am going to let it expire and get a new one”. There would really be nothing to prevent someone from getting new subscriptions to flip their colors. Unless of course you only let a player have one and only ever had a single planet, but that kind of defeats the purpose of having your own world and really punishes the early adopters.

1 Like

I only would like to be able to choose the EA [Therka] color palette … :+1:
I don’t care about the gleam color - I’m not looking for black gleam for instance :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I made a suggestion thread:

4 Likes

How many colours in the Therka palette are currently available on Live?

If they all are or say a really large amount are, then I’m sure you could look at James sweetly and ask him to use that palette?

1 Like

that was a different color system, before the 255 we have now; so we can only find similar colors in many cases I suppose?

https://forum.playboundless.com/t/feeling-nostalgic-here-are-the-beta-homeworld-colors/31049?u=odeon

There you go … the complete list of the Therka Colors versus the live Universe :+1::slight_smile: