🎨 Rental Planet Colors

are they really fully transfarable to current colors?

1 Like

They are :+1:
Only the atmosfere lighting changed since EA
It is even better now :grinning:

1 Like

Well, doesn’t hurt to ask the devs tho! I would have no issue with this at all…

And once you have that palette others can choose the same colours too so that’s all good…

1 Like

:netherlands: Sterker nog, het is momenteel zelfs een standaard kleuren palet in Creative :netherlands:

1 Like

Perhaps a single block type retint could be a Cubit-funded option?

2 Likes

But I can wait forever. If I cannot end up with a planet I am not happy with, then I will not rent one. While it is something that I have wanted since I was playing in EA and one the main reasons I bought my backer package, I am not going to spend real money to settle. There is no point in that. I can spend that money elsewhere.

7 Likes

No they are not, sadly. The beta universe looked horrible after the transition to the new colors.
It’s only as close as we can get. Some of the beta colors are completely absent from our current 255 color palette.

7 Likes

ha! so I was right there :sunglasses: thanks for confirming :+1:

1 Like

i feel there is not point into since someday we “should” be able to get all colors. Unless they deliberately removed some color from the algorithm.

I am more for any color from the start than waiting it to spawn.

And that;s problem, there is going to have some drama about this for sure.

So imo it should be freely color from start then can’t change it afterward.

15 Likes

And even though, they could let us pick from the full range of colors that the algorithm is allowed to pick for that planets level and type.

2 Likes

There seems to be some misconception that we have access to all sorts of color options given what the developers have put forward on test. That is not the case

Metamorphic rocks have 22 options out of 255 - 8.6% of the possible colors
Sedimentary rocks have 27 options out of 255 - 10.6 % of the possible colors
Igneous rocks have 25 options out of 255 - 9.8% of the possible colors

Lush foliage has 23 options out of 255 - 9.0 % of the possible colors
Waxy Foliage has 25 options out of 255 - 9.8 % of the possible colors
Exotic Foliage has 20 options out of 255 - 7.8 % of the possible colors

Ancient timber has 18 options out of 255 - 7.1% of the possible colors
Twisted timber has 26 options out of 255 - 10,2% of the possible colors
Lustrous timber has 17options out of 255 - 6.7% of the possible colors

Gleam has options 28 out of 255 - 11.0% of the possible colors

6 Likes

I do not understand the necessity of ‘slowly’ rolling out the colors. It stands to reason that more colors are more things for people to design with which means more ‘busy bee’ like population which means activity which means more attractiveness to more players.

I see a lot of people worried about an economy of ‘rare colors’. This is silly I think. An economy will eventually work itself out once you have a large enough player population.

Anything that increases the player count should be considered over what impacts the economy, because an economy will eventually stabilize with a larger player count. A small player count equates to a volatile and easily manipulated economy.

11 Likes

I was wondering if maybe the colors possible would be generalized to be like all rocks and be all existing rock colors, all types together

Why? If someone wants to pay real money for a planet where everything is black white and grey. . why not?

If someone wants a tier one planet and to make it monochome red where everything is the same shade. .why not?

Why does it matter on non-public words if the planets follow some rule as far as muted or earthlike colors only on tier 1 planets?

5 Likes

It appears not to be the case in test. And without a better way to extract the colors to be sure, I am not sure we would even reach 50 unique colors. There are alot of repeated colors across the planets.

Just a possible compromise, to solve the “It’s better to wait until other players have created their planets to have a wider color choice” problem, in case the devs are against opening up all 255 colors.

I would also prefer to be able to pick any color I want, so that my pain of looking for those colors is finally over. ^^

3 Likes

I understand. . I guess I am not ready to give up the fight yet.

Well, because having some sort of rarity drives a big part of the economy in boundless, so making all colors just easily available to everyone puts a dent in it.

Maybe if you could pay to unlock a color tho, I’d do that for sure.

1 Like

It’s not like the devs get anything from some colors being rare. Plus, most of the blocks being sold are fairly common colors. Aside from white.
The only market that could be affected by more colors being available is the paint business. And for having a pigment store myself, I will happily take the hit if it makes it so that we can all get access to more colors

10 Likes

I love to make sprays too and this wouldn’t bother me at all.

We can’t spray natural items anyway: grass, soil, sponge, etc. Someone selling white soil from their planet isn’t going to ruin the economy in any way.

8 Likes