🎨 Rental Planet Colors

I don’t see most of this as ‘threats’ not to spend money, just people saying that with what we currently know they wouldn’t spend the money based on what they get. But if they implemented X and Y, they would. That’s just useful feedback to help inform Wonderstruck’s decision making process.

3 Likes

interesting way to phrase that :stuck_out_tongue:
for myself, not willing to pay for something which doesn’t offer me value for money.

4 Likes

I believe they were going to go the route of using PayPal for paying for worlds in the first instance, so they will have some transaction charges (2.90% per transaction plus a fixed fee of 0.30 GBP/0.3 USD / 0.35 EUR depending on currency used). (Source)

1 Like

PayPal?.. I pity any developer that has to integrate that mess. Stripe ftw.

Hmm, yeah, though as a buyer I love it, have read lots of PayPal horror stories from people who sell.

Looked it up, Stripe seems to support lots of different payment methods including PayPal I suppose. Also supports many country specific methods

False. There’s games that have testing. PubG is one game off the top of my head. But they have a whole separate application for that on PS4. It’s not tied in with the actual game.

Okay, my bad, was not awake enough, it’s debug that Sony does not allow and testing is tightly hooked into the debug UI at the moment.

They’re a business, not a charity so of course they are going to make each and every single game design decision from a financial standpoint, they have to in order to survive and hopefully prosper as a company. But how on earth would any person in their right mind think that kind of tactic was a smart financial decision? Bad business practices and dodgy tactics like this do not result in satisfied, repeat customers prepared to pay for a service month after month, year after year, they result in lawsuits more likely? Duping someone with more money than sense into gambling their entire life savings away in order to finally get that bright yellow mould they’ve always dreamed of while the devs sit in their office laughing their butts off on thrones made of gold because it turns out that they didn’t even add it to the available colour list for that block on that particular planet type doesn’t seem like a viable business model to me, it would be a funny practical joke, but not a wise way to run a business.

They will no doubt be very very carefully weighing and calculating their options here and deciding what is ultimately going to result in the best possible outcome for the company financially. Fortunately for us, collectively as a group of players, the decisions made will have to be exactly what is the best possible outcome for us as the right decisions will result in a popular, well funded game that carries on being popular for many many years to come.

Sadly, the more of this thread I read, the more it seems to me that the “vision” the devs had of rental worlds differs greatly to that of a number of players. Rental worlds are connected to the existing MMO game, and whatever is implemented is going to affect the MMO and it’s existing and future population, So they need to decide what “rulesets” are going to be applied to rental worlds because whatever they decide will have an impact on the entire MMO, it’s entire active population and also whatever potential new players these rental worlds attract to the game.

But I am sure once they have decided… they will release some patch notes, they usually do. Read them and understand them before renting a world so that you won’t be disappointed by what you get. Because I get the impression the majority of it is going to be randomized based on their world generation algorithms with some minor customization options available to you as a player, basically so that people cannot hand pick planets that make the existing ones and exos completely irrelevant.

If someone is renting worlds simply to generate a colour that hasn’t generated yet… well then I sincerely hope they’ve calculated the odds beforehand because some colours are clearly very very unlikely to spawn naturally. This would be marginally more sensible than a person repeatedly renting T6 burn planets until they got one without surface lava…

Edit… apologies for the rant, I just can’t help myself sometimes.

4 Likes

Depending on price I might end up being one of the people gambling their money away :sweat_smile:. :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

Like @GrayFrequency I want a gray scale planet. But I also want a red, black, and white on one as well. And then I have my blues,greens, and yellows I’d like as well. Tho that one is not really one that I’d try for lol. If people roll those or I happen to roll them trying for my reds or greys than maybe just maybe I’ll have 3 perm sovereign worlds. But really I only want the two. The two will be public tho I’ll only have portals to them from certain hubs and only a select few will get building perms but I wouldn’t stop anyone from mining freely away at them. As for the gleam tho. I don’t think I’d want black on my planet because it’d be filled with people :joy:

2 Likes

I want to get black gleam so bad!..

Just so I can YouTube myself removing it during world edit, lmao.

4 Likes

That would be truly evil. Probably make many enemies. But as you are ruler of a world already I’m sure you’re used to it by now :sweat_smile::joy:

2 Likes

The hate mail feeds my furnaces.:joy:

3 Likes

I believe it wouldn’t matter because so long as it was part of the initial palette it would then be unlocked henceforth. Could be wrong, but that was my understanding.

3 Likes

I was actually wondering this as I was typing out my joke

but I would truly remove it. I don’t want a world for people to come and regen farm gleam on. Someone else can do that when I get the terribly bad RNG luck of rolling something like that.

4 Likes

My only question is has the color algorithm been removed. Or can we have the option to remove it. I don’t care if the initial pallet doesn’t look good. I want as many opportunities at new block colors as possible.

1 Like

I’m honestly wondering if we have any whales around who are planning to roll a whole bunch of them (like more than 20-25 or so). I hit a lotto jackpot, that is what I would do, after all! :wink: I know occasionally there are people willing to drop really, really big money on their favorite games, curious if that might happen here, though I’m sure they wouldn’t want to publicize themselves. Though that makes me wonder too, might have missed it but maybe they will set a cap on how many can be done per account?

I agree with this. Since I can change the colors and I am paying to rent the planet, why do the colors have to follow an algorithm? The algorithm is why we get so many repeated colors and within a tier the planets look a lot alike. Why not use this as a chance to expand what the universe looks like with the players paying for it?

3 Likes

Lol everyone want black gleam while i want hot pink or neon green gleam :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Oh, I’d definitely most prefer a nice pink shade on my own world! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Mine will probably end up being called the “Barbie World” by other players by the time I’m done with it… :laughing:

4 Likes