[Resolved] High CPU Usage unplayable

I just purchased this game and it is completely unplayable. I have an intel i7-6700K cpu at 4 Ghz and a GTX 970 graphics card. I am getting 48 Mbps internet speed. when I ping the server i am getting around 50ms response time. I am unsure why it is so laggy it is unplayable when I am able to easily play Destiny 2 at ultra graphics no problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Often, on your first time loading a world, your connection will get bogged down with all of the chunk data you are downloading at once. Hang out in the same region for a few minutes and your connection should begin to stabilize. If that does not work, try adjusting your bit rate and chunk download rate in game settings. I run on a considerably older set up (i7, bridged 780’s) and get a solid 60fps. Make certain your drivers are up to date.

3 Likes

Make sure it’s not using the Intel HD embedded gpu, but your actual gfx card too

6 Likes

+1 on lucadeltodesco’s advice. my Computer also used the intel HD chip set before I changed it. Sometimes windows don’t know that an app is a game and thinks that it could use it enegy saving intel chips … but you can set it so that it ALWAYS use the gfc card instead (but don’t ask where, but I think google knows more :wink: )

2 Likes

I’m running the game on an i5-4590 (3.3/3.6ghz) but with a GTX970 as well. My internet connection is a bit slower though, 16mbit down/1mbit up. Game is very well playable, unless some other client in the network is filling up the internet pipeline :wink:

We can compare ingame settings, but the default should be pretty good.

Can you share a game log please?

And make sure you have the latest graphics drivers installed directly from NVIDIA.

50ms ping is not even close to a bad ping you don’t start to see framerate till about 220-240ish…

This game has a lot of Network settings available, that many games don’t have…
I would suggest you turn down how much of the chunk your loading per second… and also turn up how much is kept in cache…

As for how well your game can play destiny, that is apples to oranges as any issues your having has nothing to do with your graphics card or cpu and everything to do with your network pipe… adjust the network setting’s correctly and most of your issues will go away…

Some more info with resolution…The game initially would not start saying it needed a d3d11 compatible video card. I restarted the computer then the game would boot but was really laggy maxing out the CPU all the time. I then looked at the logs per James and it appeared the graphics driver it was using was Microsoft basic display driver for some reason. I restarted the computer and then it started working correctly. Issue has been resolved.

3 Likes

How do you check to make sure it is using your gfx card?