Ridiculous Roads

Can anyone shed some light on the ridiculous roads that seem to be popping up everywhere? Went across the water today to grab some plants and seeds, and there’s a hulking new road that’s been ploughed all the way across.

2 Likes

I just climbed on the road and it all suddenly becomes clear. I guess that’s how aquatopia earned enough to get to #1 overnight. These huge roads seem to me to be an abuse of the system. That’s my 2 cents, I’m sure others will disagree.

6 Likes

Roads are the foundation of civilization! But I wish people could take the time and effort to build better looking roads and adopt to the landscape. Please no floating trees, flying roads, cut true the ground. Wish this game had some physics. So that the roads needed pillars.

7 Likes

If plots were not pre-determine by the server we could, but with plots limitations is hard to make a road half decent. That is why most roads are usually not following the landscape.

1 Like

Not everyone wants roads to civilization. To be fair, the road does not encroach upon me, so it’s not having a negative impact on my gaming experience. But it is an eyesore. I’m sure someone will be along soon enough with ‘we were planning to build such and such.’ Well how about build around your city first and extend out in a sensible fashion, rather than pave half the planet.

I get the Aquatopia has a thriving community, but that road runs straight by someone else’s build. They might actually be a part of AQ but if they’re not, does that mean that someone’s essentially gone, well x you pal, I want to build a road here. It’s selfish, rude, but it is (as of now) part of the game - also, as stated, that person might be a part of AQ.

I believe we call that “imminent domain” in the US. :grin: (Although sometimes it’s called “annexation.”)

I don’t know. My take is that Boundless is about taming and civilizing the wilderness, and we wouldn’t be much of a civilization climbing over bushes and swimming through swamps. The roads also need to be in places with copious numbers of ice holes. The ice holes are the worst, because they can be hidden by the grade, and by the time you see them it’s too late to stop without sliding in.

2 Likes

In the UK we call it being an asshole :smiley:

13 Likes

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Wouldn’t that be “arsehole” instead? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Ha! Touché. I write books in American English so it’s become habitual.

1 Like

I thought the same thing. That road came out of no where. Aquatopia also annexed our beacon into their settlement. It is the reason we are working on packing up shop and moving to Dragon’s Watch and an isolated area of Nasharil for our own settlement.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry that happened to you :frowning: If you need any help moving things, let me know, I’m more than happy to help. I also have some spare storage shelves that you’re welcome to have to help stack things as you ferry stuff across. You can keep them and I don’t want anything in return.

1 Like

I’m sure @the-moebius said in a post he’s trying carefully to not absorb other beacons as he does roads, but someone else doing roads for him might be less careful.

1 Like

We (2 of us) actually took over a decaying base to begin with so we are already pretty set on stuff. Thanks though!

We are set up in Dragon’s Watch right next to SolaHub if you want to come by and say hi. The purple and cyan building.

2 Likes

Instead of withdrawing, why not speak to @the-moebius and see if they can move or remove the road? But good luck in Nasharil, if you want, you can settle near Toxic Oasis and I’ll make sure we don’t annex your town that way you’ll be close to multiple hubs…

2 Likes

Roads are the best thing ever and if you build them so you don’t claim other builds that don’t want to be part of the road. Yes we did not absorb any other builds other thin the one we had promotion to link to and this was a joint build.

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile: And I’m glad you’re all set up.

If we did absorb some one it was not planed and we can move the road.

But you didn’t really show consideration for other players either. You may not have absorbed someone, but you’ve certainly built mighty close to both a castle and a hamlet. This is just my opinion and I’m sure that others will disagree. And you may think roads are the best thing ever, but like my opinion, that won’t be true for others. I actually thought that the majority of the people that play Boundless showed real common decency when it came to others, but this stinks bad. Perhaps it was unintentional.

2 Likes

Sorry: Outpost, not Hamlet.

1 Like