Ridiculous Roads

On the above link, James mentions a settlement benchmark for automatic annexation. I don’t know if that is still in the works but it would be pretty nice that way you don’t have to spend your own plots to keep the name of you settlement.

2 Likes

Also as I was just thinking about this, something else came to mind. This is just the beginning as the game is in early access and still in development. As more people start to play and start their own homes, or settlements, or cities, it is going to get a lot more populated/crowded and this could happen on a much larger scale. And some people, or groups, who want their own cities may not be as nice and much more aggressive in nature and personality when annexing land.

3 Likes

Yup, the mood will most certainly shift come release. At the same time more planets will be available. The devs will be able to gauge a good estimate of planets to ensure the correct player density, I’m sure.

1 Like

Right one, we are acting as their quality assurance so we best give our feedback, at smaller scale before they have thousands on their servers.

2 Likes

Seems like we might need an opt-in (or opt-out) approach to joining beacons to settlements. Though, if we do:

16 Likes

:joy: I love that! That’s awesome!

But yes, what we are talking about would go under these categories.

1 Like

this road is a

1 Like

this road is a template at the moment
roads are not build in a day you need foundations first
:smile:

2 Likes

It’s an eyesore and I hope you find it in yourself to remove it. You seem reasonable enough.

1 Like

aquatopia made the road to conect to their new friends its not our fault
that they live on other side off planet :smile:
oh i wont remove it

3 Likes

so there are no roads between towns in the UK? hmmm somehow doubt that. Roads go everywhere in game and IRL. LOL

1 popcorn GIF

3 Likes

It absolutely is your fault if you choose to pave a road across the planet, giving no consideration to the other settlements you pllough through.

That’s a juvenile response at best.

1 Like

yes saw this yesterday it will be reworked sorry bout that did not know
that i can absorp 3plotss away from beacons sorry bout that :smile:

3 Likes

:smile: :smile:

4 Likes

This is something that will continue to come up (as it does in real life w/ community boundaries). Builds that don’t fit a community’s aesthetic, communities that feel encroached upon, etc.

I wonder if we can find a game system (or community approach) to dealing with this better than we tend to IRL?

That’s not a very constructive comment either :-/

3 Likes

sure…ok. Don’t get your panties in a twist :laughing: I don’t remember seeing any settlements along that road except one lone house and a castle and Moebius said he will fix it

2 Likes

i mean to be honest (and entirely fair) to everyone involved (in the entire game)…

As much as roads are a good thing essentially… it also takes up the entire planet so no one else (can essentially) build anywhere… it will put a lot of people off - others will think about leaving as well

@james you have to be careful with this kind of mechanic

As i said… i LOVE the idea if it serves a purpose… but hey… roads as of current have 0% use… no walk speed increase… no vhehicles… thats what i guess portals and warp crystals are for?

So, the best idea would be to come up with a way that those who want roads can have hem… those who dot want to see them… dont have to

@james - maybe we finally need new planets / new rule sets before this gets out of hand?

Addition: - a new player comes into the game as a complete nub… walks 20ft… sees a road… O.o the planet has been plotted already? finds someone to talk to… gets shown the portal networrk… uses portal… is met with another road… damn game is taken already! presses the refund button…

2 Likes

I know, my bad. I apologize @Jennadragonfly

4 Likes

So you did see the castle and the outpost? But continued with the road anyway. And this is where my problem is - that AQ are saying that they are trying to make sure they are being constructive and reasonable in their builds, but are doing the opposite.