Ridiculous Roads

And your toothbrush, you cool frood you! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

So this appears to be whats happening…

You see some structures that are obviously player built and decide that its OK to extend your plots right up to it, or near it assuming that whoever built them are going to be OK with it. If the player/s complain, you will promptly remove it. If no one complains, oh well… :thinking:

Your thebeezneez fellow friend has no intention to build a completely vertical road up my mountain (Started out as a straight shot towards an easily attachachable road, to a harsh right turn straight towards a mountain we had a pathway built up (2 plots above ground level)

Followed by when i said i might just detach from the popsicle boys to keep my community my community he said “None shall escape the Popsicle Boys, We will spread like a virus”.

Okinawa Has perished. all that remains are the ruins of what was once hope and prosperity. We regret not naming ourselves Hiroshima.

6 Likes

I agree with that, I had a look around myself, as we originally merged with Okinawa, and all I can see are empty plots spreading from village to village, often not more but a line of red sand, sometimes surrounded by white decor stones, sometimes just really nothing more but empty plots without anything which are creeping up on the next village.

Not even making a secret out of it, when looking at some of those plots names…

Oh, and if that’s an option, stay away from Okinawah-Halla, thank you. We have no interest in joining your… “highway”… thanks.

1. Popsicle boys is nice, kind, generous, and has always been helpful to everyone i’ve seen. Fair trading and even gives away free things when they can.
  2. Do you really want to start a hateful community. We have something going great here. Let’s not ruin it by trash talking, I understand its all fun and games but its taking deeper root than you think.
  3. If you started seeing aquatopia portals in every single settlement you wouldn’t think its taking over even though its still the same concept. All possicle boys are doing is seeing an image in their head and putting it use. I saw a place i wanted to build and I did. Did I realize it was next to a big city? no. Your mind + Imagination = Awesome things. Do not hinder it.
3 Likes

I’d just like to remind everyone that we’re still in EA. It’s not an end of the world if stuff like this happen. What’s more we know devs are working hard on fixing this specific issue. If anything it’s great that this happened since devs can now fix it before any real damage is done.

I know you have all invested many hours in your builds, but before 1.0 I wouldn’t get too attached to anything :slight_smile: Love you all :heart:

11 Likes

Okay two major things here. Knights. Yes that’s literally exactly our mentality. Why? It’s a feature of the game. If literally asking us to remove a plot is too much then just be pissed off about it there’s nothing I can do there. And zuluumax there’s two people in the popcicle boys. That’s it. Beeznest, if anything, was trolling when he said that, we spread like a virus? Again, remember, exactly two people total. Our actual goal was always unity and togetherness especially with people surrounding us.We have never griefed anyone we have never stolen from anyone. We’re constantly accommodating special requests and making special orders, all of the materials I personally mine myself. We’re constantly buying out shops to help.the economy (I have all of the coin spent feats)we supply ort to almost all of the portals to our city so others don’t incur the costs of them. if we wanted to do hostile takeover I’d go buy a high prestige property (many are for sale and I have plenty of coin) and go from there. Dont forget when we plot to a town or village ANYONE in that village can out contribute and run the whole show. That’s a part of the game you may not like, but that doesn’t make it not a part of the game. This simply isn’t important enough to me to keep going back and forth over it.

3 Likes

Don’t bother going back and forth on it. I had no intention of calling you two out on the forums at all. I just intended to leave Berlyn after your partner acquired us and was “trolling”. But his ideals of connected unity and yours might differ and you should talk with him. Okinawa was connected to the capital via portal as well as the settlements around us. Thanks for your contributions to the community

1 Like

Hmm, glad someone is talking about this rather than ignoring it simply because it’s Moebius and “THAT GUY’S A LEGEND” I have done some bad stuff, as most if not all of you know…this was one of em, I built a path to a house (which I had thought the owner no longer played) I agree that the paths are intrusive and should be taken down or even moved without the permission of the owner of these places. As soon as I found out the person who owned the home still played I removed the path out to there and I think they should do the same.

2 Likes

Herf im on solum what do i have todo with berlyn ? Please read more than last sentence
Im a not a legend im real :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s the part I don’t get. If you’re already supporting shops and portals as you say, why is there the need to take over towns by plotting these so called “highways”?

Why also not asking the people “hey, you got a lovely town, I want to build a highway, are you okay with this?” first and THEN build a nice street to the place. What I see at the moment are just plots spreading across the world taking over villages. There is no road, some of it just a line red sand (straight up? strange road!) build in a way that seriously does not look like a road.

I am happy to setup a portal in our town which you can connect to which you can support, if that is your wish. But I have no wish to have my town connected to an empty plot just to take over the village to become #1 or plots with some red sand dropped in front of our doors.

@Spoygg That is correct. But often this is easier said that done. Your builds have your imagination and efforts in it, often it’s hard not to get attached.

@ChimeraGaming Maybe they are nice, kind, generous, and all the things you say. But this goes two ways. Just because you’re all this, you just don’t walk around and act like it’s all yours. With a bit of decency, that you claim Popsicle Boys have, they would come around and ASK first. Rather than drop a pile of red sand in front of places (or nothing at all), they’d build a road that would fit into the scenery and respect people’s build and vision for their own little place. This has nothing to do with being hateful, it’s about having respect. Nothing wrong with just talking to people first and then come to a mutual decision. And to be quite honest, I’d rather have a portal to Aquatopia than a pile of sand just to take over someone’s town. It comes down to choices, and if the Popsicle Boys are that great as you say, they respect that not everyone wants to be part of their vision. Some people prefer their own little town in the middle of nowhere just connected via a portal or if connected via a road, a bit more meaningful than just a pile of red sand.

Zuluumax and my town were quite close and we merged eventually. However, we did mutually, we merged our names and respected both our style and ideas on how to build, we connected each other with roads that worked with both our styles. If the Popsicles Boys would have done that, I’d probably had no problem with this whatsoever. But this was a hostile take-over. The only reason why we’re solo again, is because Zuluumax unfortunately took the decision to move to another place. As sad as it is, but I completely understand his motivation. This could have been avoided by just talking first and find mutual agreements. For now, it looks really only like a hostile take-over and leaves a bad taste.

3 Likes

Hmm, do you not own aquatopia? I thought you did…sorry for that :hushed:

yes i do own aqua and alot more people to
but i write allready a milion times that we dont anex people without consent its a rule in aquatopia
also the post for the moment are about anexing in berlyn here
its anoying that people dont read it all before giving opinions
the road that was an issue is completly reworked allready
and removed

2 Likes

Hmm, all I said is I’m glad that someone decided to speak out about it rather than accepting it just because you are practically a celebrity in the community :smiley: Not sure what you’re on about bud…

What’s all of this about hostile road take overs on Berlyn? I thought I’d squashed this little problem before with Critonia. I guess not, so I’ll reiterate my Berlyn Ultimatum.

I have a nuclear deterrent for anybody wanting to annex other players to become the capital city.
I have several million prestige worth of blocks, and enough plots to reach anywhere on the planet. If you attempt to annex your way to capital status, I will counter-annex you. Your city will become MY city, and then you will get to feel as others have felt.

I have no interest in maintaining Capital status over Berlyn. Blacklight is a shining example of a capital city built from the sweat and toil of many citizens, and has earned it’s status. But, try to bully your way to capital, and you will get prestige nuked.

I’ve done it before. I’ll do it again if I need to. :smiling_imp:

19 Likes

The final judge’s gavel has been slammed down!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
by @Havok40k

4 Likes

Indeed it has