Ridiculous Roads

Still you wouldn’t fire up a shuttle to travel to the nearest city :slight_smile: There is economic value in roads, also not everyone is traveling A directly to B, exploration is also a part of fun. Roads are nice guidelines to other areas with a chance of hunt or seeing something interesting. Also it’s easier to orient when there are some roads laid out here and there.
Annexing is definitely an annoying mechanics :smiley:

3 Likes

Honestly, i can’t see how ugly and stupidly big things like this

can help someone to enjoy exploration or visit great things without ruinning all sights and landscapes around. Just imagine great castle build by another, buitifully designed and embodied and here is this, ehm, “road” floating next to him. Just, no… If this roads were 4 or 6 blocks wide, built of nice decorative rock (sedimentary 2 for ex.) and not hanging in the air, I would just be glad. You can’t even get on/off the road without those stairs columns - too high even for grapples. These thing is ugly and useless and nothing will change this. Guys just wanted to leave a mark/sign, how big they are, nothing more :thinking:

1 Like

Are they roads or foundations for #anotherbrickinthewall?

1 Like

To everyone who build on Berlyn, listen up. There is an effort at hostile absorbtion of towns in effect by the Popsicle Boys. They have already absorbed Christmas and was absorbing Zuluumax’s little town. I think their ultimate aim is to become the capital of Berlyn, so watchout Black Light and New Berlyn. Pickleking, TheBeeznest, and @At0mix, STOP IT NOW!!! None of us wants to be absorbed into your town so that you can become the capital of Berlyn. You have been snaking out plots and roads to absorb settlements. STOP IT NOW PLEASE !!!

3 Likes

Unfortunately until the option for individual players to have the choice to opt in or out of being part of someone else’s build this sort of thing will continue to happen. The prestige aspect of this game in it’s current form encourages and rewards this type of behaviour :confused:

let em have it. there victory will be short lived. :smiling_imp: soon roads will not work for that and all will be well.

8 Likes

That depends on what the update considers a road, if a build is tall and wide enough then this could easily fall outside those parameters.

Thats ugly :slight_smile: lol and why is it floating lol

1 Like

To save plots? :smile:

Critonias sole purpose is hostile absorbtion.
I think they stopped as the gleam nerf landed.
I’m curious what the new settlement algorithm does to them, since its 90% roads.

I actually like that build, too bad it had malicious intent.

3 Likes

Our efforts to build a road system will continue as it is actually a grapple course in progress however in no way are our efforts hostile. The plots you refer to have been in place for over a week and a single simple request would suffice in the removal of any and all plots adjacent to areas not owned by us. Anyone who knows us know that we offer nothing but love and support to any player old and new. Even so far as you yourself at point point had a direct portal to us if you recall. Any further aquisitions will be accompanied by a discussion as it seems to be a major issue.

7 Likes

Let me correct some facts here…

1. I NEVER at any point had a portal to the popsicle boy’s area. I was offered one but I had to turn it down.
  2. So, are you saying that absorbing Christmas, a town someone put up with a Christmas atmosphere was not an intentional thing now? no roads led up to it but you had plots all the way across the water to it.
  3. Are you also saying that absorbing Zuluumax’s beautiful little town was not an intentional thing also, with plots and no roads? He and his 3 builders had to unbeacon and move to Andooweem because of someone in your group was responsible for that.
  4. I did not arrive at this conclusion casually, in fact I held off for a couple of days after I discovered Christmas was absorbed. I only came here to post because I told Zuluumax I was going to post something about it here after he told me he was moving because of the attempt at trying to absorb his town and he was tired of trying to avoid it. What he had experienced kind of gave me some proof that something was up. I saw the thin 1-3 block roads snaking out with red sand; and on that same day I saw Popsicle Boys took the #2 spot in the span of a few days. When I checked last Friday they were at #5. This zuluumax incident just happened about 13 hours ago, I do not know if your plots were there before that.

If you are not responsible, then one of the other guy’s in your group could be. Whatever your true or hidden intentions are we may never know. But, I am sure no one’s building likes to be absorbed by anyone without consent. I am sure you won’t like being absorbed by Black Light or New Berlyn, would you?

I love that tekst that says popsicle boys in 3d may need your services soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To anyone that has a main goal to have a large, well known settlement. Great. We need more of that. But we the community do ask that you build it by the sweat of your own brow. Build something by your own coordinated efforts, not borrowing upon anyone else of whom you do not have permission. In this way, you will get the respect you deserve and you will help make this game great. Plus there is something to say about the pride one feels of doing a thing honestly and with diligence.
I really like popsicle boys design at their shop. In fact, I was quite amazed by it. I would be so dejected and dissapointed to learn that their intentions are dishoroable. Let that not be the case boys. Here’s to building the best gaming community that mmos have ever seen.

6 Likes

If I may please interject officially! (I mean satirically)

I am NOT sorry if any roads have been an upset for anyone. The proper paper work was filed, and the galactic super highway will need to proceed!! Anyone along the path will be destroyed!!

To this end, Vulpto is scheduled for demolition on Thursday. All plots claimed along the way will be also destroyed. Far too late to be making a fuss about it now.

Good day,

Galactic Empire

+10 Pts for those that get the reference! hehe

14 Likes

no idea, but it’s funny :smiley: +10pts to you Sir :smiley:

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
<cough> hitchhikers guide to the galaxy <cough>

8 Likes

Where my towel?

3 Likes

As a simple response to answer almost all questions 1)That’s fine. 2)yes they’re on purpose. Roads require materials they have not been completed but are intended as you will notice all plots stem from the road with the full intention of roads heading in those Directions. 3) I personally have no idea who zuluumax is but like I said if at any point anyone asked us to remove any plots there would have been no question about the removal of plots, additionally no new plots have been added in the past 13 hours. 4) blacklight and new berlyn are free to plot to us at any point in time.

The answer is 42

6 Likes