Sanctum Editing Question - [Solved]

Anyone familiar with the sanctum editing process know if there is an option to turn off the clouds either in the editor or as a setting in one of the JSON files? I tend to frequently take screenshots from the sanctum for Exo and Sov world posts and the clouds are a bit annoying.

Just set coverage to 0 like so:

(As far as I know these should be the default values for the default sanctum though?)

Yeah, mine are set to 0, but those clouds are still there for some reason.

Its worth mentioning the nuclear option is to install the less particles part of this mod, which just replaces a lot of particles with a blank png Better Meteors & Less Particles

I end up with this

2 Likes

Is it just the default sanctum too?

No, i use a modified version of one of the gleambow sanctums… built a ramp up high to make world screenshots easier.

If you don’t know, you can edit the starting position in the appropriate gamescripts player.json file. It’s probably not worth it for this(and it won’t help with your cloud problem), but it’s an option.

I haven’t ever seen those clouds, and can’t recall seeing weather configs in the sanctum files, so I don’t know I can help with that part.
There might be something in the atmosphere files that I can’t remember, though. How to Change Sanctum Lighting [Basic Tutorial PC] ☀

1 Like

Going to play around with it some more. Maybe the default sanctum doesnt have it and I am just getting it as a side effect of choosing one of the gleambow sanctums as my edit.

Thanks for all the tips / advice =)

1 Like

Do you happen to have a clear weather quirk on when you see this? I think clear weather causes minor fog & clouds.

This is exactly it… cycled between having it and not having it and the clouds appear for me when the clear weather quick is on. So its something in the weather override… which i think I saw somewhere in the weather JSON files.

1 Like

For closure… this is what it does when you cycle clear weather quirk on and off… clear weather quirk = the cloud looking formations in sanctum.

Since I was already digging around in the JSON files. I played around with several settings in the weather.json file and found that setting the “_override_clear” temperature1 value to 0.0 instead of the default of 0.28300002217292786 makes this effect go away with the clear weather quirk active.

4 Likes

When I used to take planet screenshots, I found it easier to just switch into Sanctum edit mode and fly up above everything else to take the shot

2 Likes