Sanctum Elder suggestions

Ok, since it is in the locked post, and is a separate topic really anyways, I’m going to make another topic of it and expand on it a little bit: a few suggestions for the Sanctum Elder. And some might have some other ideas to throw in here as well.

First is what a few of us were saying yesterday: let’s give him a little more personality. :wink: A little awkward having to make my Death Walk of Shame or just the warping under his silent gaze. Emotes alone could really do the trick here.

First log-in in a few hours: A wave or salute.
First log-in in more than a few days: Clap
Two deaths within a period of a minute or two: Facepalm*
Random deaths, maybe every 5-10 on average: Laugh, Slow Clap, Facepalm*

• Don’t put this in until about lv 20-30 or so, a little harsh for the newer players to get mocked. :wink:

I had thought about having him say snarky things on death, but the emotes would be hilarious enough. But what if he occasionally spouted a random tip or hint when you walked by? Have him say it in Oortian but caption it. Tips varying based on level… early players might be told they can warp to their home beacon free, lv 50s might be given some advanced forging hints.

Edit: Oh, definitely this, something brought up in another thread: If you are logged in for a real long time, have him start prodding you to take a break or (for real long sessions) go to bed. :rofl: (“Citizen, your dedication is admirable, but perhaps it is time for a little break…” “Maybe that death could be chalked up to fatigue? Playing for eight hours will do that.”)

Also, maybe he could have a feedback mailbox stuck in some corner of the Sanctum? I know that would be a mess to sort through - all the random messages and maybe hate mail - but would be one way to catch feedback from people who don’t say anything online.

Well, that’s all for now, thanks as always for reading my random brain farts. :smile:

20 Likes

I would want him to be snarky though in a deep voice :3

5 Likes

I LOVE this idea! :heart:

2 Likes

I want him to tell bad jokes and throw snowballs at you when you look away from him… make him an real A-hole… ok, ok that’s not going to happen…

So just have him give players a demo on certain game functions. Have him prompt “would you like a demonstration on how to…” then a list of functions he can show you;

• Chisel certain shapes.
  • Make a portal
  • Craft certain items.
  • Where to change settings (this would bring up a pop up screen.

Depending on your selection he can lead you to another room… or perhaps make a portal To somewhere else in sanctum that simulates a small area on planet to demonstrate and let you practice those skills. This place is part of sanctum, not in the live universe and after you leave it everything you did is deleted.

Also I’d like to mess around with the elder… change his gender, change his cloths and features. This would let me see and sample different character configurations.

6 Likes

Absolutely this! :smiley:

1 Like

I’d like to see the elder be used for recurring quests similar to how other mmo’s have quest giving npc’s. Stuff like simple fetch quests of certain quantity of items or eliminate a number of hostile creatures. Quest rewards could be coins, tools, bit of xp, etc.

4 Likes

A chiseling tutorial would be fantastic! Put a screen of all possible chiseled shapes to select. A pop up tells you what chisel(s) & skills are required and a slow animation plays on loop creating the block, highlighting which edge to chisel.

Also letting players give him a makeover would be a great way to advise gleam club and push cosmetics via cubits. Let us select any colors/items then have an option to apply to your character - display the cubit cost if the items aren’t owned.

3 Likes

I like that idea… gives some optional content and appeals to a whole new style of players. My help increase the player population. Good suggestion :+1:

1 Like

Great idea.

1 Like

Great stuff all, I knew there would be some good ideas on this - put this dude to work, he has stood there goofing off long enough! :smiley:

4 Likes

when fuel is low i want him to scream "dude where you been you about to loose a beacon on alt 3 "

5 Likes

I like the idea would be funny to have him facepalm on muti death in short time

3 Likes

This really would be extremely useful - giving reminders on beacon fuel, or if your GC is running low. Maybe even let you know if you have new neighbors within a certain proximity? (“Citizen, there is a new (hamlet, ect.) to the SW of your XXX Beacon, perhaps you should pay a visit?”) I’ve recently been a little shocked to wander out and see a HUGE new build near me, haha (not a complaint, just surprised).

Now, this one would be tricky - but what if he could serve as an event notifier? Say you are hosting something. You have the option to “tell” him-

I want to host a…

-Hunt, Exo Ride, Building Party, Sale, ect.

at

-Time

on

-Planet

-(Select Settlement Name)

for

-Duration

Then you could ask the Elder about player hosted events and get a list to choose from?

Once again, just tossing out stuff as I think about it here!

2 Likes

Love the idea of using the elder to advertise community events. Instead of checking discord when I log on I could just go ask the elder if and when anything is happening for the day!!!

1 Like

I Support this thread +1 vote from me.

1 Like

Oh yes for him to say “ you died again “ would be so funny and make me giggle at least :rofl:

Yup it happens a lot when I’m on an exo…

1 Like

I’d love to see the death stats on the exos… that would be one leaderboard I’m sure I’d often be near or at the top of… :flushed:

It needs to be said…If this is the kind of stuff your brain farts out, then…you have excellent farts. :joy: It’d be so cool to have some kind of interaction with the Elder. Jeez, if he’d just crack a smile once in awhile!
Edit: The little rhyme was accidental. :grin:

1 Like

Thank you, much appreciated!! :blush:

Haha, yeah, it is the silent staring that gets me… like, “Dude, say something!! You’re creeping me out!! Smile… nod… something!! Dances aroundJumps up and down in his faceMoons Elder… Hmm, nope, I’d have better luck trying to get a reaction from the Queen’s Guard…” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

How about totally random stuff submitted by players? I’d like if he was up there on stage cracking jokes or telling me fun facts :grinning:

2 Likes