Sand Castle Competition

Sure, can do it for 4th and 5th place.

1 Like

Perfect, I’ll be in game in about 9 hours from now if you’ll be on

Might be able to get on in an hour or 2 for a lil bit
But I’ll tag you here if I can

1 Like

Not sure. Can you message me on discord when you are ready?

1 Like

Yeah sure I’ll message you now if I can find you

Great suff man. Love little community things like things. Very comfy.

1 Like

Only 8 spots remaining yall!! Better come and get em if you haven’t already!!

1 Like

I posted in “what did you do …” but here’s a different angle on things:

I mean, nobody is building any mushrooms yet, but there might be something in the sand :yum:

Also some very nice (imposing!) castles here. And a couple of empty spots. For you.

Anyways 6 weeks is a while and honestly 3x3 isn’t that big.

6 Likes

A bump for the contest. 5 weeks. If you’re “meh” on your current projects, I encourage you to come down for a moment’s distraction.

I think this is my first. I have hardly ever built in someone else’s constraints at all. A couple of shared hubs, and some mall shops I think.

I wasn’t too interested but I came down to see Karl’s build, and what the planet was like. Karl went pretty fancy but nest to it is this:

IIRC the name of it is “Castle of Sand” but I call it “@Naeah’s challenge” now :rofl:

SUPER CASTLY STUFF :european_castle:

I took a stroll around today and some shots. Some people have risen to the challenge!

I know this dates me but I’m getting some Eternian vibes. Sandcastle Grayskull?

Some other spots are going now too. No real close-ups or exploring shots (bring a torch) it’s early yet and it’s not my work.

That’s kind of a closeup but also that’s some beautiful chiseling work right there. There’s a couple of more … well let’s just say “less traditionally castly” ones over by me, too. I got rid of the tower of flower up there and put out some blocks. There’s going to be some wood.

Apparently, I Can’t Not :rofl: In the end I might be more “sand box” than “sand castle”.

Come see, Come play! Nice to have something going on that’s not tied to a particular “holiday” at the moment honestly, too. It’s getting cold here nice to think about a beach.

5 weeks to do something (relatively) tiny :thinking:

11 Likes

Thanks for the bump!! There really have been some AWEsome things created in this contest. I really do not envy @Tiggs. She has one heck of a job to do. I am SO glad I do not have to judge. Lol.

5 Likes

i took spot no 8 :slight_smile:

there are already nice builds there, i think i cant stand a chance :stuck_out_tongue:
maybe… maybe… small consolation prize in advance?
:smiley:

1 Like

I was hanging around the build area the other day and someone came by and said they were nervous to build.

It’s just a small thing. You Can Do It!

I don’t usually like “contests” but remember in the end it’s all for fun. I suspect that these builds will be appreciated for both effort and variety for some time after the contest is done.

Naeah already said she wants to keep them, and I see nearly 2 years of fuel on the planet.

3 Likes

I always build these for fun, not for the win.

Also, I love the little builds on this one a lot more than the towering ones. Go for what you think is cool! You can do it!

5 Likes

for sure :smiley: im really curious what i can do with my chisel ability for themed build :smiley: i love building,its lots of fun :smiley:

4 Likes

O Rly?

4 Likes

I’m Not Done Fully With My Build Is The Skull Ok ? I Was going with a Skull Sand Castle.

2 Likes

That’s yours 2face, the wone I called “Sandcastle Grayskull”? I like it.

Ack I have wood and foliage on mine. One stripe of wood and some leaves around. I was going to do a sandbox around it but now that I made a block wall I want to add a moat.

From the inside, you don’t even see the wood it’s all sand. Which means I’ve actually reversed rule 2.

I’m also going to ask though, Is this decorative row of “wood veneered” blocks too much? @naeah ?

If you feel it’s in violation, there’s a month left, plenty of time to remove it, if necessary.

6 Likes

I am afraid I have already set the rule and enforced it with others. You should probably make sure it is on the inside. :smiley: Also, sorry about the delay in answer, I am sick AND I have finals that I am preparing for.

2 Likes

It’s fair. (Of course).

No worries about delay even I’m not always glued to the forums :rofl:

I got carried away and forgot it was a rule - with a few weeks we’ll see what I can come up with. I’m actually not sure if I can build something without foliage :crazy_face:

All right so, I got carried away and forgot there were creative constraints. Totally my bad but I have to ask another question. This is maybe a grayer area, but - if I put a castle here, can I still have plants in my moat?

I would pull them and avoid looking like a whiner but, I’m invested.

Please don’t ask me how I was going to tie these into a green/brown lighting theme :crazy_face:

Anyways. I’m sorry to even ask. But also I must. They’re not blocks and I’m not sure.

If they’re inappropriate I will pull them without complaint.

4 Likes