Sap Farming

Please let me have an asset that I can craft that allows me to walk around and place on trees so I can harvest their sap. It would also be nice to be able to use this to get things that can create maple syrup or other type of items.

I don’t always need wood when I get sap. So please let me just farm sap.

10 Likes

Can I make Ubris Taps? That way I can get that sweet sweet exo syrup!

Joking aside, I do love this. I think the tree would need some kind of continued input if it’s going to continue to trickle sap/syrup. Maybe you have to kill little bug mobs that spawn on it (that won’t hurt you) or maybe you have to actively keep it watered with a tool or something.

If the bugs, then you could get an adjacent resource from them, maybe chitin for some cool bug themed crafts!

5 Likes

Sap yams! We need sap yams… to farm.

1 Like

How about extracting sap from trunks as an additional method to get sap? i.e put trunks into the extractor and get sap in the same way we can get syrup

5 Likes

Related

2 Likes

Im sure if we do get a “Tree Tap” in order to craft it you will need 500 umbris/3000k Iron bars/16k of both ancient and vital essence and 30 deco oort. :rofl::joy::laughing::wink: but atleast itll be for a mass craft!

3 Likes

Alright! Sounds like a plan!

Other suggestions:

• fragment tap, don’t always need the gravel, sand or rocks but do need the fragments
  • petrolim/resin tap, why waste precious coin to get to exo planets, we can tap into these natural resources this way so I can more easily get what I want
  • orb tap! just place on growth field and walk around collecting the orbs, doesn’t cost you forged gear anymore either just like your sap tap!
  • gems and lucents at 50% with a tap on T1 and up, don’t want to go to higher level planet or exo’s to get what I want, just walk around on a low level planet and boom
  • someone that plays the game for me! how about that? I can just watch it all happen! no energy wasted at all!

Seriously tho…

I do like more ways than one to get certain mats, bark has one, so sap could have one too, but sap is one of the easiest ones to get so it wouldn’t exactly be my first choice.

I also would love more food and brew related items tho!

Just to clarify, I was trying to get the sap from the tree without having to cut down the tree…

So sorry… I missed that!!

It’s easy to miss stuff here, I’m just linking threads together when I remember seeing similar things :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That sounds like a great idea. I hate having to bulldoze trees just to get a few stacks of sap, and twice or thrice the number of wood that I don’t know where to store anymore. ^^
Plus it breaks axes and all…

Yeah. A Sap Tap would be awesome.