Seeing both sides of a coin

Wow take it easy moeb, it was just red gleam!

1 Like

Yeah some people want the sandbox to themselves and should be careful what they wish for.

3 Likes

There’s inside, outside, upside, downside, left side, right side, beside… ok im done now haha.

3 Likes

No offense but saying the US’s premise that being “innocent until proven guilty” could be insulting to someone is sort of left field… why would you as the accused want to be considered any other way? Guilty until proven innocent like they do in communist or other deficient forms of dictatorship? USA is not perfect but I would rather be on trial here than say North Korea, Iran, or communist China… I have made my point, will stand firm to this belief, and You can have the last word…flame me if you want but I would say the majority silent or not would agree with me…

1 Like

I don’t think it was so much the saying, but including the country of origin. I’m guessing because the US tends to police other countries and strut around. Tends to annoy some ppl if they feel it’s being waved in their face.
I’m saying this as a US citizen who agrees with the saying.

In conclusion, much like politics, it’s best to (unless relevant) leave countries out of the topic.

You did not fully read or fully understand my post, Let me help you understand it.

There is nothing wrong with saying „innocent until proven guilty“ What can be wrong is to word it in such a way that could make it sound like ones own country is superior to another, or otherwise try to convince someone to believe something Because it came from that country, which therefore can make it insulting.

If you read any of my recent posts i made in the last 12 hours or so then you would see I am quite against punishing the innocent.

. >> Example Seen Here <<

No. I don’t attack players, I debate/object the ideas players have if I feel there is a problem with the idea. It is never personal.

I wasn’t thinking of it as going the US is better than other countries, I don’t think we are, we do have a different way of life than other countries, of how we have the belief that a person is innocent until proven guilty, but that doesn’t make us better.
For me, that is just a concept, I mentioned my country, which in hindsight I probably shouldn’t have, but it wasn’t to ignore the other countries, just that I know many don’t see it that way. As I head a judge in another country, which I won’t name, in their country you are seen as guilty until you are proven innocent, and as a US citizen of American, that thought was appalling to me.
I think part of our problems is that we advanced too fast and without meaning to are a bit like present day teenagers, full of ourselves and not meaning to have the attitude we are better, just have the attitude of look at what I have accomplished. I find it interesting that in a conversation with several students from all over the world one student remarked that many people from other countries want what the US has but don’t like the US, which to her made no sense.
I’ve never seen my country as policing the world, but trying to help the underdog, those who are being preyed upon by those who want what they have and want to take it by force. We step in to help. And in many cases, we shouldn’t. Either they need to stand up for themselves, or suffer from it.
Okay, politics should be off topic here and I’m not wanting to start a argument of what country is better than others or what other countries should do.

Topic is, we should not pass judgement on heresy, on what one person says because we do not know the whole truth, probably never will and we should just go with sorry that happened, take it to the developers, don’t discuss it here; this isn’t the place to air your grievances about another player.

1 Like

The US was the first country to truly embrace the innocent until proven guilty ideology… nothing wrong with giving credit to the USA…we are not perfect but I am proud of our country and feel that there is no reason for someone to feel they “could offend” someone by giving positive credit to this country for the idea. Ludicrous.

Yeah I responded lol I am such a dork lol

1 Like

You may not feel that way. That doesn’t mean some others will feel the same way.

And this isn’t about giving people credit, one can do that with out risking sounding pretentious about it. It is about wording that can be (mis)understood as something insulting when you try to use the reference of a country as the reason to support your argument on an international forum.

This side track has gone on long enough, My point was just to make the person aware what he said might be misunderstood, if you would like to talk to me more about this, you can do so in discord

Trundamere#0001

Thank you.

People express opinions all the time that I do not 100% agree with…but Guess what? I do not get offended by it… and I do not care if people are offended by it… there is nothing wrong with having pride in your country.

You are welcome to PM me on discord [PS] Krasniy #6804

Let’s try to stay on topic. Seeing both sides of a coin.

When someone comes to the forum and goes so and so did me wrong, we all need, no matter what, go sorry that happened to you, but you need to follow the correct procedure, report it, not name names nor make negative remarks about that person, nor say anything that can identify them.

Instead of remarks, well, lets go and do something horrible to them, because the person who is trashing them could be the one in the wrong. They may not, but we don’t know all the facts, so instead of a witch hunt, lets try to guide the person to the correct thing to do and report it.

Should never be a reason to come to a forum and post things publicly because if there is something going wrong in game you should be able to instantly msg a GM and get a resolution. By the time it gets to the forum folks are leaving, the community looks bad, and THE GAME which some of us all love suffers.

The report function “in game” is ridiculous (and Ive posted it before in “Where do our reports go”) because you never get ANY response so you never even know if it works. If I have to come to a forum to get something resolved then you have to figure a way to not be to specific so as not to violate CoC. So yeah this is not so much a community issue but a Game issue. Other MMOs I have played over the years had GMs in game just for these kind of problems. So yeah in this game you try to reason with the individual/s and if that doesnt work you either quit or go to forums either way makes the game look bad and why would someone want to even try a game with such toxicity?

4 Likes

The way I see it, in any MMO, there’s going to be all kinds of people: the ones who like to help others, the ones who want to be left alone, the griefers, the social butterflies, and the list goes on. This is stating the obvious probably but sometimes the obvious is what needs to be stated as people often forget or take it for granted.

So when clashes happen, and they do in any game and any time there is a place for human interaction to happen, the inner adult sometimes leaves allowing our childish selves to take the reigns. Even if a person tried to be an adult, I can fully understand how if they are dealing with “childish behaviour”, it can be difficult not to respond in a similar manner, but that’s just it: it’s important to remember why we play in the first place and not give in to the pressure.

It’s easy to forget that if someone comes at us with bad behaviour, how we react can make all the difference. It’s effectively a chance for us to either rise up and look good or fall into the “trap” so to speak and look just as bad as the person or people who started the mess in the first place. Sometimes there’s not even an obvious start to the issue and we don’t know what side started what because both sides handled things poorly.

So I guess my point here is to suggest to be that person who looks good in the end. Be a brick wall to the childish behaviour coming your way so that everyone know what really happened and the right means of action can take place. :wink:

Also, grudges are for the weak-minded: the ones who can’t get over things. As soon as you get over the grudge, you become the strong one, perhaps even both sides can come out stronger.

2 Likes

Actually, this one concerns a lot of people…

What „one“? Message me privately or in discord if you want to talk to me about a Specific situation.

Or you can respond to me here if you can do so in a way that obviously doesn’t go against any rules or exposing names or Information that can be reversed engineered into names

Otherwise you none nothing to explain why it should concern a lot of people

I don’t think I need to personally explain my response to you. Thanks though! :wink:

I would like to know also. If my remark about the US has created a problem, which I did not mean it to be seen as my homeland is superior to others, it isn’t, it is just another country, we have different ways of seeing things. It doesn’t make us better, just different.
Hindsight, I should not have said that, I just wanted others to know we should Not judge someone because a person claims that person did something wrong, and I’m not going by what happened at New Leyden Market, it just was the icing to the cake, as the saying goes. Or perhaps the last straw of how this forum reacts to another members claims of being treated unfairly.

No. I was just letting you know that the way it was worded could be misunderstood by some people. So I wanted to point it out and trip the situation in a controlled manor before someone who actually took offense to it, started a turf war in this thread.

I have seen people pop off by a lot less.

Your choice. But since you took the time to actually aim that at me (Unless that was a mistake). I would have thought you would have wanted to add some kind of foundation to your objection instead of keeping it empty. I’m fine either way.

Seen that also, and as I said, hindsight, I should have said that in a different way, I was just thinking of the aspect that we should NOT judge the player who is being blamed as being guilty just because another person comes on the forum and states they have been treated unfairly.

Where a person comes from does not mean their country is a bad one. I love my country, and naturally I see it as a great country. But I am not blind to the fact that it has faults, lots of them, and there needs to be changes. Other countries are the same, no country is perfect, and it can be funny how simple things can be seen negative, we wear pants, but in some countries that word is seen different; the word that some countries use is trousers.
I meant no insult to other countries on how they judge people, legally or morally, just wanted to get across that it is unfair and not right for others to make a judgment on what is said without knowing all the facts from both sides of the issue.

I didn’t aim at anyone. I was under the impression the OP was referring to a certain market that shut down and the storm it caused. In that case, there were two sides to the story.