Server lag

Lag issues with server are not fixed. I am on Maryx and rubberbanding again right now. It was fine all day till time for kids to be out of school. That would make thing it is an over load issue.

6 Likes

I’m also experiencing a lot of rubber banding issues on Beckon this evening.

2 Likes

Same on Trior

2 Likes

Quite a bit of rubber banding on Trior tonight. Logged off and will try later.

2 Likes

Horrible lag on Kada as well. This issue is highly disappointing. I hope they get this issue resolved, if not I can easily see people giving up and finding something else to play. I’m a new player and find this very frustrating. The lag has been horrible the past three days and trying my best to see through it. Please devs fix this issue.

1 Like

You can be sure that they’re looking into it

1 Like

I wish they could refund all the XP I have lost to the death penalty from lag deaths. It has became very dangerous to walk up stairs or be anywhere around your power coils. Forget trying to build anything more than a level high. And for god sake don’t go mining diamonds or be anywhere near lava.

2 Likes

Yeah we lost some items yesterday as a result of the lag, bones and such. I know they are lower end items, but still it’s stuff we could have used for crafting and leveling. sigh…

1 Like

I completely understand. pretty sure I had blocks deleting when I was trying to build. Thankfully nothing super important but it still sucks.

1 Like

I am a staunch dev defender and supporter. Today I feel my frustration rising though. This issue is not fixed at all and it does also affect more than just US West. It is any server during peak US hours. I have been on since 3 pm central and it was fine until just after 5 (when most people get home and settle down in front of PC/PS4.) Ever since “rush hour”, it has been unplayable rubber-banding, lost ping, lag, connection lost, the works. . . I appreciate that this is a difficult issue to solve. Is there anything we can do as a player community to provide enough data and petitions to affect change from your provider?

5 Likes

Biitula has been really bad the last 2 nights as well, hope this can be resolved as it’s getting frustrating to be unable to do basic tasks without rubber banding.

1 Like

Yesterday and today in the eve I’m rubber banding insanely on Phemorium.

As a new player I am simply frustrated. I was killed three times in a row due to the serious rubber banding/lag issue. As a result I was given an xp penalty. I can understand a penalty if it is players fault, but at the fault of rubber banding and lag it should not. I would have been able to easily kill these creatures had it not been for the rubberbanding/lag. :rage::rage:

A suggestions to the devs: Please turn off XP penalty until you fix your server issues. It’s bad enough trying to play with such issues and to have a penalty on top of the issue is just flat out wrong. :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

2 Likes

I’ve pretty much given up getting anything done in the evening for the last few days. It’s just pointless. If it keeps up I’m just going to put the game down for a bit and monitor forum chatter for clear weather. Can’t even hardly mine without having to break every other block a half dozen times. I thought it was just Phem, but then Serpen was getting the lag along with Beckon. Not fun days in Boundless right now. I miss the calm servers of pre-launch.

3 Likes

While reading the steam forums I found the following posted by a dev this morning:

I am not sure where this particular dev is getting their information but the issue is not resolved at all. In fact it seems it has gotten progressively worse. :rage:

To think I gave up playing another game with friends to learn and play this game. The only learning I truly seem to feel is how to rubber band. I really really want to give this game a chance. Devs please convince me and others that this problem will be fixed and soon.:expressionless:

1 Like

yeah it’s getting worse. And when everyone is logged on at the same time, can’t do anything. Can’t even stand in place and turn without the game trying to send you flying in every direction at once.

1 Like

Also rubberbanding lagging the works. My mains stuck on cardass unless i pay a ridiculous amount to bring him home. And while playing on beckon in the craft cave on crafter getting it as well. Just decided to call it a day in the end. Try again tom.

1 Like

Pretty crazy rubber banding on Lamblis for me.

When they fix this, they should consider givin’ players 20k experience to make up for the death xp we’ve all lost from this stuff, as well as some cubits, or they’ll risk angering their customers.

2 Likes

Should be given way more than that with the number of times a lot of us have died. And it needs to stop with the unstable connection message when it’s only at 80-100ms for ping. That is WELL within a normal range of operation. Anything over 180 is when it should be saying something.

1 Like

Rubber banding and lag also for me in Sochaltin yesterday night.