Settlement on GORTNEN - EU West

I placed 2 plots by mistake but can’t get my PC right now (Now on my Chromebook)
Will remove as i soon as i can!

Hi everyone :slight_smile: glad to know so much people are joining :slight_smile:

I just made up a concept respecting the beacon grid. If you want to make the way bigger, then the beacons would have at least one beacon space between them or everyone would have 2 blocks of way on each side. that would make your shops really small if you gonna put them between the ways. Further more i liked the idea of connecting shops to 3 sides of the way grid. Later when the plinths are coming you can sell more (if you want to sell towards the street). Can you follow my ideas?

And one more reason for a “2-block-spaced” street was: i wanted to make it look more like these small fruit markets or middle age markets. The stores are small the ways in between are little. Also like this the maximum amount of people can join this place, because everyone can just occupy one beacon area.

Maybe in supreme toast base, the other guys will develope another concept. We will see.

In the toast base, I think they have paths that are 1 beacon wide.
I think the main problem is the fixed grid for the beacons. It’s just too unflexible

I have no problem with it :slight_smile: it just requires people to stick to some limitations. Also it’s not the final version. So maybe later they will split it up into the usual block grid or make the beacon areas shapeable, who knows…

Right now for testing I am okay with it. Also I like to have this little stores, so everyone cannot sell everything. You must decide what you gonna sell, because you don’t have space for endlessly much plinths. Don’t you think it’s kind of challenging then? :slight_smile:

Hmm, someone didn’t get it’s the market place right? Looks like larok just built a little house o.o
At least it looks like one

or is it a store?

1 Like

Episode 2 Tomorrow, 7 o’clock “The Mystery Continues”
:smiley:

[quote=“Dragoonyan, post:46, topic:3297”]
Episode 2 Tomorrow, 7 o’clock “The Mystery Continues”:smiley:
[/quote] Then you can try again changing your plots :wink: it’s not that hard :smile:

never read this name here somewhere: larok, someone knows him?

However, just wanted to show you how many already came to our place:

I do know him yes i have him on steam :slight_smile:

Yea, for testing it’s bearable but for the final version it would be too restrictive. I think the devs can and will do better than that.

Also for me its not about how big the plots is it’s about how you cant really get middle sized paths between the plots without having to cut into the plots itself or have space left until the plots start.

Lol it’s not a house :stuck_out_tongue: it’s going to be a trade store I just didn’t have all the materials needed to complete it so I built up the walls with some wood so it looks decent! There will be upgrades in the future.

don’t make your shop too huge :wink: imagine we are on a fish market, not in a shopping mall :wink:

I’d like to make the suggestion that you place a healing stone (a.k.a healing block but I’d like to imagine the texture of a nice glowing rock that heals your Oort lol) in the center of the fountain in the middle of the market, the fountain of good health and prosperity.

But where do you want to place the healing stone. Because you need to “touch” him, to be healed. So you cannot put in the center of the fountain.

Also the heal blocks yet have no texture.
Maybe put some next to the fountain on each side in the ground.
So if you stand before it, you stand on the healing block and get healed.

1 Like

I plan to update the Gortnen Capital soon for those who are troubled by its design :slight_smile:

Capital? What do you mean?

When you spawn at Gortnen capital. That beacon is owned by me

… how? :stuck_out_tongue:

people can request to build a new portal ^^
i helped building the folva capital

You could request access to capital beacons a while back. Don’t know if they still do this now we have our own beacons?

Ah! i just thought it was weird that a player own a capital beacon :stuck_out_tongue: