Shields or vitality?

All I have to say is, you see a meteor, throw on Shielding loaf, get to rage 2, use your rage brew and now you have a 100% chance to take no damage and you heal 60hp a second for 20 seconds

1 Like

well yes thatā€™s certainly a way to survive and works very well but shielding loaf doesnā€™t really count as it was simply shield vs health not health vs shields and food,shields only block a small amount of damage,its resistance that blocks you taking damage,also no wildstock can hit you for 12k+ damage (plus there easy enough to dodge)

1 Like

Just to note that you canā€™t combine multiple food and brew for added effects.

1 Like

The money you make off of a meteorite hunt or just regularly hunting monsters will more than pay for whatever food or brew you consume. If you donā€™t want to get into crafting, then donā€™t do it and focus on what you enjoy. Otherwise, this becomes a case of ā€œpenny wise, pound foolishā€ and youā€™re just adding to the grind. Just buy the food from a vendor (Deenā€™s Kitchen sells all the major recipes :slight_smile: ).

If youā€™re on the Boundless Discord, you are welcome to join me on my higher tier hunts and Iā€™ll show you how I do itā€¦along with how I kill elite mighty Cuttletrunksā€¦the ones that everyone claims are OP :wink:

3 Likes

Arise and Shine Shop - shop portals on Bitual PS hub, Aqua Beckon Hub, Skyway Shopping hub and 6 other smaller Hubs.

I am buying Simmering Orbs at 265c/each and have loaded the request basket to buy over 1300 of them. i am also buying all gems at 400c/each and have enough in the request basket to purchase over 1000 and Wild Stock Eyes at 75c/each.

These are the current hot buys and there is coin to be made if you would like to make a delivery!

1 Like

None of what I stated would get that issue. Food and Brews can stack just fine
Edit: fixing stuff

1 Like

Still what Iā€™ve stated is shielding loaves are cheap and rage brews are a dime a dozen. Those 2 create invincibility. Fall damage is your only weakness and that is from spitters and wildstock but then you can just grapple something and not deal with death

1 Like

I sell widely used commodities like wax, sap, sulfur, iron tools ect and that stuff flies of the shelf faster then I can keep it stocked most days. I finally broken the 100k coin mark a few days ago.

So just sell stuff you know people will need.

2 Likes

Lol, glad everyone agrees on the Health vs. Shields thing. :smiley:

I may have to look into doing shields. I have all 8 Vit. and that triple health thing, 8 power, sling mastery an iron fist and a Titanium sling and I got my backside kicked on a T2 meteor.

I have made my portal opener also a food crafter. Any stats/skills for a food/drink crafter that I might have overlooked?

Also, started my gatherer alt. Iā€™m looking at speed and avoidance for him, right?

@BryetheWizard

Fibrous leaves, huh? I need to get a direct portal to my shop. Iā€™ve had those sitting in my store collecting dust. They grow like weeds near my place. I keep forgetting about charcoal, just timber in a furnace, right? I usually focus on compact peat. I have huge deposits of it near me.

@Ynnoz

Makes sense about the inky, but Iā€™m also a crafter and go through quite a few myself. May be an option once I get a sign stockpile, though.

@Studiax

Sweet Beans, huh? Which plants do those come from? Frankly, I need those for my own crafting as well.

@Heilos
As a dedicated console player without a reliable PC, (and a crappy old phone) I am completely ignorant about discord and how it works. I should probably jump in, at some point.

@Valkirth

Whatā€™s the recipe for the T3 instants?

@SerenityLove

Shielding Loaf? Rage brew?

@deenw

Iā€™m all about crafting. Iā€™m just lacking in direction on what I should be doing next. Iā€™m trying to just ignore the gem wall for the time being.

I may take you up on those hunts if I can figure out the whole discord thing.

@AriseChickens

Iā€™ll be sure to check that out. I could probably unload some eyes right now. I have no idea what they are used for.

@Metro

Again, I need a portal to my shop. I sell, or have put out for sale, both wax and sap and never sold a one. Thatā€™s my fault because Iā€™m remote. That should change soon, Iā€™m just about ready to open a second portal.

Thanks everyone for the helpā€¦and keep the discussion going!!!

You can find me in game, Usually on Storis II. Current characters are:

Smoulder

Chaar

Embur

Soot

Sweet bean drops from oortian staff and trumpet root.

1 Like

yup! ^^^^

& gatherer altā€¦agility, control, stealth epic, and optionally power stuff helps a lot. I think gathering epic is good too? maxed stealth lets you nearly kiss anything other than roadrunners before they notice you. NOTABLE EXCEPTION to that is meteor-spawned mobs, those kinda ignore stealth so stay away from that stuff.
the nice thing about surface resource stuff is thatā€™s all really not necessary, but just icing on the cake to make things easier. :slight_smile:

itā€™s good to target specific plants for your search area, but really most things are worth grabbing along the way.

also thank you Serenity, thatā€™s cool- I had no idea rage epic was that powerful :open_mouth: I gotta try it out!

1 Like

Thatā€™s pretty much what I thought. I have Soot just building his ā€œbaseā€ for the time being to build up skill points. All that hidden chiseling gives a nice boost to XP.

1 Like

Yeah. FWIW, I put about 2 (maybe 3) points into Kinetic Armor and basically took no damage from the mobs at a Level 2 Meteor on a T3 world. Except if I got hit by lag and wasnā€™t able to dodge a charging Wildstock ā€¦ those hurt a bit, but didnā€™t 1-shot me.

1 Like

i tend to use the T2 one mainly if friends are offline as its much easier and has 0 power requirements (for the ones that take power i gather the ingredients and have a friend make them)

http://boundlesscrafting.com/crafting/improved-instant-healing-brew

1 Like

Rage builds up after being hit and goes to level 10. At level 10 you get 100% more resistance because thatā€™s necessary lol XD Then you get healed for 1000 a second for 20 seconds (normal ticks are every 5 seconds, rage has it every second) and with the explosion, level 10 does 20,000 damage in a gigantic radius XD Rage is incredibly broken XD But again, you have to take damage to build it up so I like to have a safe amount of HP and then max defenses so when a mighty spitter shoots at me, Iā€™m just building up rage and the raw shields of shielding loaf and maxed standard defense with tank epic makes it unbelievably easy to build up rage without taking damage then fully healing all damage received from other sources and becoming invincible for 1 and a half minutes :3 Tanking is the best thing to choose in this for this reason alone XD (rage brews are incredibly cheap in resources to make as well! Just some clay, iron or copper and some monster parts)

Surprisingly, Iā€™ve made really good money selling glass of all things. Itā€™s the only thing that disappears the same day I put it on the pedestal. 9 coin each if youā€™re feeling generous, can do 12 fairly easily.

That is so not true. (if by shields u mean Armour from the kinetic and blast armour skill)
Armour can reduce damage to 0
With Armour Epic, full Armor, 0 Resistance u get Armour Repel always by anything up to mighty (with exeption of few attack moves by some strong). Resistance is luck based, so its only really helpful to protect an already huge hp pool from being wittled down over time (except u come nearly 100%, which is also not possible without brews, food, rage)

He is (in essence) right when you consider higher tier planets though.

Resistance is (while luck based) a % chance to avoid all damage. As such, it is equally effective on t1 planets as t6.

Armour is a flat reduction on damage. It will protect you well vs low tiers, and poorly vs high tiers because it doesnā€™t scale or keep up with the amount of damage done.

1 Like

even consindering higher level planets, armour right now cuts off way more incoming damage effectivly than resistance (like i said, not considering the case of nearly 100% resistance that u only can get with additional buffs).
I hunt on Besevrona which is really awkward because of the corrosive mobs which reduce ur armour to 0 >,.<
Even in that case Armour wins, because of armour repel which prevents application of debuffs by most(!) attack types of all creatures. Without my Armour i would run around with debuffs all the time. I know very well due to my Armour failing from acid debuff.
I stand to my statement that resistance right now is only supplemental to other defensive strategies.

Fair enough. To each his own, I suppose.