Shimmering orbs

Yes you should look at relative drops as they relate to the economy and I am level 42 so very new… but when I can go to every shop in my regular hub for days on end and see almost every available item type for sale except for 1… there has to be an issue lol

1 Like

Yeah, I find your posts are well reasoned and pretty objective. I appreciate reading your replies. And you’re right: Neither of us have access to internal data that the devs do, so we can only speculate. But I just want more of these posts to steer in the direction of how it affects the entire community rather than just focusing on our own gameplay preferences. My best attempt of an answer to the OP is;

I don’t think you need to nerf orb drops. But I know what happens if you buff it too much. You get too many forged items on the market that becomes too accessible to everyone. These become the new Iron hammers. Which then creates an excessive supply of everything which ultimately dilutes the gameplay.

So how much should you buff it? I have no clue.

I agree we need more worlds but with the nerfs they are doing people are leaving more and more so I don’t see them adding more.

Yep fair point well made. I think that with rift/darkmatter/blink/oort/whatever ?coming?, it would be better for player satisfaction to be more generous with access to forged boons on alloy/titanium/gems. Especially if e.g. end game items require powerful enough boons, specific ingredients from T8 worlds or other gates before you can add forging onto their improved base power. Forging feels more like late-game but that isn’t how I understood it to be intended.

I honestly think another solution would be to make silver and gold tools better. I really don’t notice a difference between them and iron. Silver - “oh wow look at that action speed” - oh wait they do less damage. So 2 shot a block slower than i can 1 shot one with a hammer, ok so never using that again. Gold has 50% crit? Sick… oh wait it does less damage too? Ooooooook… Oh and wait even if this is a little better than iron… i need silver and gold to make alloy for titanium tools? Oooooook so why even bother at all?
I’m 35 yrs old with an open mind absolutely ready to acknowledge my noobness… but is what i said above correct? Another design decision I fon’t understand at all.
If they made silver and gold an actual usable increase from iron then cool. Take away needing silver and gold to make titanium because that is ridiculously stupid UNLESS… again because im new (ps4)… i’m missing something.

Yeah, I actually made some pragmatic doable suggestions on Gold/Silver meta a few weeks ago below. They implemented changes to both the food UI and increased the damage to Gold tools as of this patch. I feel like they do listen…or maybe it’s just coincidence that we were both on the same wavelength.

I logged in earlier but didn’t see an actual increase to base damage for Gold. I’m hoping it’s just a UI error and they actually did increase Gold damage. Silver still needs better uses though

1 Like

Shims have been a road block for me. I could just buy them but so rare it seems most aren’t selling and when they are selling I actually feel like price is too low actually. When I spend hours on bes looking for blue shrooms only to end up with 20. And highest buyer is 300 each. Yet I can mine instead get more gems that sell 400 each and coal sells decently and iron and gold and silver and titanium I make way way more mining. So what’s deal with farming shims being not worth. Only thing it could be is 1. I don’t know how to farm them right and if so please enlighten me or 2 shop owners don’t yet realize prices for both buying selling needs to be higher on these. Right now i would not bother wasting my time gathering myself. And I went all over bes exploring all blue dots. I deffinetly found them at almost every blue dot but so much travel time to find a couple shrooms?

1 Like

pls shhh dont speak anymore. the only thing that will happen when players complain is that iron will get nerfed cause too many player using it. and this would be catastrophic for early game in my opinion ;p ;p . Iron is good and good enough. Why would u even want tools made from rare metals? much better to have a infinite stock of cheap ok tools. gold and silver are niche products serving a very specific purpose. for example action speed on a tool gets much more favorable when u only power and damage skilled and vice versa. and if u can break a block with a lower damage tool that if faster, with only 1 hit, same as the higher damage tool, then its better to take the faster one

That’s what i’m saying… Iron does more damage than silver but silver is quicker… Silver is less than double speed of iron so iron ends up being faster because - 1 shotting a block with iron is faster than 2 shotting a block with silver. If silver was same damage then it would make sense. And yes who wants to make tools with rare metals? My point is that silver and gold are needed to make titanium tools… so why would you ever want to use silver and gold to make tools when those ingredients are needed to make an infinitly better option? You wouldn’t. The only way you could possibly want to make silver and gold tools is if they made you reasonably faster than iron. So you might be able to say… ya know what i’ll only save half of my silver and gold for titanium and use half to make these tools so i’m more efficient.
Copper is not used to make iron tools is it? So why is silver and gold needed to make titanium?
And iron is in no way overpowered. You cant even 1 shot blocks in a lvl 3 (or 4? Too tired) planet without max power, epic hammer, and attribute bonus so why would they nerf it?
And if iron is good enough for you then you clearly don’t build, mine, or gem hunt. I’m curious to know your level?

2 Likes

why do u ask so many questions that can be answered with: it is like that, get over it? u dont need gold or silver to get gems.
i dont say that iron is overpowered. i said: iron is good and good enough. and especially good enough for ur first gems. Several days ago i mass crafted my compacted diamonds i only(!) got with some numbers of unforged iron hammers so dont tell me iron is not good enough for serp. i laugh at this failed comment
my total lvl over all of my characters is more than 150. good enough for u?

I managed to get my first set of standard coils using iron. I then went and stupidly bought a titanium hammer and with that and a few more iron hammers I’ve nearly got my next set of coils. I say stupidly as I realised at the weekend them at titanium hammers only need 500 power…queue spending ages trying to find shimmering orbs. I’ve now got 10 titanium hammers waiting for me. But finding the shimmering orbs was a bit of a pain. Easier at night but they are really rare.

Oh ok good enough for you is you saying that as your opinion. Ok I see what happened lol. The majority of players that i know (and on here from what it looks like) go from iron STRAIGHT to titanium. The fact that you use iron to mine gems (as me and my friend do) proves that there is no point in making silver and gold tools… correct?? Exactly what I’m saying so I don’t understand your argument. I also never said I DIDN’T mine gems with iron. You did. Stick to the topic. If you have an argument about WHY silver and gold tools SHOULD be used than say it. But you just said you use iron only so which is it?

2 Likes

“Get over it” is not an intelligent argument so either back up why silver and gold are in a good place or don’t because you look foolish. I never once used anger or sarcasm but maybe it’s because i’m an adult? Lol

1 Like

thats what i was answering too…

i never wanted silver or gold tools to be used more. I think u misunderstood me there, too. But i disagree with u to buff or change those tools. they are a niche product and they should stay a niche product. Iron is good enough to make the jump to titanium and power coils

A niche product to do what? A superbly designed game means there is a reason for every item in the game world. I’m not sarcastically asking what is the niche purpose then. Im literally asking. If you made special tables and cool fountains or cosmetics… awesome. Or the niche is that they are needed to make titanium alloy. Ok sick… then why have them as tools then? This was never the rant that you seem to think it was. I posted questions to help make this amazing game better. I literally have called myself a noob and asked people to comment. It’s a discussion. And you saying silver and gold is a niche thing does not invalidate “silver and gold tools are not worth it”. It is just an opinion of yours that you want them to be niche. Fine… for what then? So we agree that silver and gold tools do not progress the player? Then just agree with me and we can move on. If not tell me why i’m wrong. I’m a 35 year old man for christ’s sake. Make a good point and I’ll say “oh ok cool” instead of telling me not to post something and then saying “get over it” when you have no argument.

i had situations where copper were the better choice over iron, and it is like that under some circumstances with silver or gold tools. If u have gold leftovers before u can make titanium stuff there would be an equal if not greater amount of people wondering why theres no tool made out of gold directly, even when this tool is not for everyone

Ok… copper was the better choice… because it was cheaper and you had more copper than iron?.. or another reason? … even so… copper tools are noticeably worse than iron, because copper is easier to get and is found more often than iron. That is balanced. That’s not the case with iron , silver, and gold. If you told me they are making silver and gold veins as abundant as iron then i’m right there with ya. The rarer something is in the same item type… the more powerful it should be. That’s all I’m saying. And again you didnt need copper to make iron tools. Such is not the case with titanium that’s all

copper tools are faster. in a situation where u need 2 hits or 1 hit with both tools to break a plant or block (and this is totally dependent on ur power and other damage skills) copper is better

Right like you wouldnt use gem hammers to mine a lvl 2 world. But thats just you using the right tool for lower level content. I’m talking about player progression. A copper hammer would never be better on a lvl 3 planet (example) because we have iron. Right now… with midgame progression… not FARMING… there is no even player progression to go from iron to titanium tools because silver and gold don’t really fill that enough to justify not using iron. On a level 3 planet for example iron is absolutely the clear winner to use after copper as you progress from planets 1 to 6.

Actually there is a progression… using silver and gold to make titanium but the tools are almost obsolete thats all