Shimmering orbs

I think you’re broadly right but for example a few of the ingredients you list as likely superfluous are mentioned in a popular guide on here by a player who successfully sells high level forged items using them. Either way, if we can address most of the bottleneck by hitting the high use recipes then good for resource availability.

I, for example, would probably use the following in forging as well as the very common uses you mention:

Draining Boon Compound 2
Boon Boost Paste 2
Stabilisation Paste 1
Gambling Paste 2
Boon Removal Solvent 1
Boon Removal Solvent 2
Defect Removal Solvent 1
Defect Removal Solvent 2

But it’s irrelevant I suppose. The orbs are over-used and under-supplied wherever that demand comes from. I was using the list/number as an illustration of the similarity to an earlier resource issue that was successfully addressed by the devs.

I suspect of luck doesn’t affect this case.

Broken recorder again.

I would refrain from marking something “under supplied” until plant/boulders/etc. regeneration problem get resolved. Right now planets are picked clean and a lot of time never regenerated. Will see how it goes when regeneration start to work properly and how long it will take to satisfy current starvation. If that will be taking too long than we may have real problem.

Yep I meant to mention that if I didn’t in my posts. I agree, if they become more abundant through regen fix then good. However, the Forge recipes also probably need a look as it was talked about as not end-game but many of the ingredients come from end-game activities & many more resources are gated by planet tiers and therefore also atmospheres now, all of which demands higher levels to access the ingredients to use the forge.

Feels like the Forge recipe design was done for the EA universe when there were fewer tiers and less resource gating by planet level.

1 Like

Actually i would say it is useful early, but shines in end game.
Basic recipes are from level 4+ planet but higher you get and closer to current end game, better the results.

People who say this is end game say it cause the best of it is accessible with current endgame.
Imho forge is useful the moment you can harvest reactive lamelas - which can be much earlier, you don’t need to use top tier ingredients.

Hmm I sort of agree. But I would be crafting what I would argue is mid-game bases but the ingredients for semi-necessary forge ingredients push me higher, e.g. you need a lot of Wildstock Horn Trophies for one category of ingredients. Now you could argue I am looking at luxury but I would say, for example, that a Boon Removal Solvent is not luxury. Yet they only drop from T4+ Wildstock which will get you killed quick if you don’t have a high level hunter/tank alt to go farm them.

Another example might be Bitter Bean and Paste Bases.

It just feels a bit out of whack, even without the bottleneck ingredients. Like you can craft most of the compound bases early on but for some the whole category of actual useful ingredients is out of reach for some time.

It feels like I think you are right about intent but it needs tweaking in practice to tally up with new universe/resource spread. If you can get a nice spread of “low” forge outcomes reliably without e.g. visiting higher than T3 planet that would be good and welcoming. Combine the UI with the resource demands and many people I speak to just shrug off the Forge for now.

1 Like

IMHO resources are not the problem. UI on the other hand is. Between complete lack of information in game what is effect, lightness, longevity, etc. and bugs in forge UI during forging it makes it hard to work with without proper research on internet.

Other thing is that resource bug made forging really irritating and extremely hard to do. I’ve practically given up on it because of total lack of reactive lamela in useful quantities.

Will see how this sort out after people stop starving for resources and gathering everything the moment it respawn :stuck_out_tongue:

I disagree. You don’t need forging to work with T3 and you don’t need it to gather resources on T4.
Imho its useful when mining on T4+ or hunting meteorites but even then not entirely necessary.
Using minecraft comparison i would say its a bit like redstone engineering. Immensely useful but not 100% necessary.

Edit:
@Arkhainn thats actually perfect comparison form my point of view.

A more apt comparison would be the enchanting system from Minecraft. Not necessary at all, very random, and a resource sink to beat the randomness, but with the potential to immensely increase quality of life once you’re well established.

1 Like

These still seem to be extremely hard to come by. I spend so much of my game time finding these. It is really starting to be very annoying. They are needed in so many recipes.

There are a couple prime locations on Alcyon (yes it is a T6), I can easily gather a couple hundred an hour, assuming they aren’t all farmed.

I think some balancing does need to be done though, maybe replace their use in some recipes with vital orbs or shadow orbs (though these seem to be rarer to me)

yes they not that hard to get, some move speed and axe damage and then just run and hack shroomy things.

1 Like

Can you explain this like I’m a newbie please?

As far as I know it no longer works because player placed block no longer drop stuff.

3 Likes

I am obviously not finding the right spots for this as I have been on all the planets and barely find any after hours of running around. I find a handful of glowing shrooms at most.

I am either not finding those spots or the are already farmed out. I get the vital and shadow orbs no problem.

I spent ~1-2 hours yesterday running around besrevnova and found 1 glowing mushroom (no orb drop though) so you’re not alone. Could just be someone beat us to the spots we’ve been searching

1 Like

The amount of time I spend on doing this a huge turn off for the game. I really like @Arkhainn ‘s idea about extractor recipes to get them from growth. The growth isn’t worth chopping for them as a rare drop since it takes so many hits and is such a rare drop. However if I could take every growth block and convert say 3 for a orb that would make it viable.

Huh… i was running for around an hour or so (at least for one episode of the show) and found around 40.

On the other hand IMHO trying to gather/mine during weekend is Very Bad Idea because of how many people are trying to do the same thing.

Yea I was on during peak peak time, might try again when less people are on

It’s not that bad if you have maxed luck stat. Appears to be somewhere between a 1/10 to 1/20 chance for me.