Shimmering orbs

I think peak times make a big difference. Constanty reading about people on here spending hours searching for things with no luck and was starting to think ive just been insanely lucky… but maybe my backwards australian time zone is a benefit for once.

I stole all the shrooms while you were sleeping!

6 Likes

You… You… You Mushroom Thief! :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Its ok… i have 4 orbs left, ill put them in my shop for everyone to share!

That is bad for as far as I am concerned as I can’t stand grinding like that for orbs. I have the luck stuff all maxed on my gatherer.

1 Like

I agree, it’s not the greatest… I’ve resorted to an hour doing this, as it is more reliable vs. 1 hour+ of running around, being faked out by an atlas. Glowing mushroom is too valuable as the glowing lamella is required to craft gleam lanterns.

Shimmering orbs are required in too great a number for too many recipes if you ask me. haha

2 Likes

I agree that it is too many. I understand your reason on why doing the growth. It is just too painful for me. And at least for me I do get XP killing all the things when I run around. But it does suck coming back with half a dozen orbs after a few hours of hunting.

1 Like

Try spec agility… 4 points and you easily outrun anything. And you cover more ground to find shrooms faster. I have a lvl 14 gatherer all speed and no health and get around besevrona without much problem. Im pretty confident thats way quicker than trying to fight off every mob that agros.

1 Like

And you can put all your points in luck/gatherer rather than power/slingbow so you get twice as many drops

1 Like

I have 8 in agi. 8 in luck, I have the epic gather. I only get 1 orb. I don’t think I have ever seen 2 drop from a shroom. Problem is I don’t find many shrooms for all the time I am looking. They are either very rare or very very farmed out.

Yeah wow that is rough… maybe move to Australia then. Haha

The second. Just after the last patch (the one that fixed and forced regeneration) i was able to gather them in hundreds and were nearly as common as desert swords.

This is the next thing i was going to try as well, currently a hunter on that alt but fighting strong and mighty cuttletrunks is pointless at my level lol

Yea they are not common any more due the farming I guess. And I can not afford to buy them at 500c a pop either.

What about maxing bonus attributes?

This isn’t the fault of the players, it’s the fault of the resource supply design. Edit: /overuse of the resource.

2 Likes

I have 5/5 of in those too.

Shimering orbs are a problem everywhere. I took a ton of growth on alcyon, and only got a tiny bit of orbs.

On the other hand I found a decent desert area, and net 500 sweet beans in an hour and a half on a t3 planet.

2 Likes

i had no problems finding enough on Besevrona. You can also go to a Coal world like Delta Cancret and farm Growth.

I saw 8 days since last post so… I walked into 40 shops yesterday and found 1 of them selling shim orbs for 500c each. Is there any word on a balance for this resource? I shouldnt have to pay 500c for 1 orb to make a mid game tool. This has 100% halted my rewarding power creep.

1 Like

Update 202:

• Shimmering Orb amounts tripled for all recipes.
4 Likes