Shop Scanners on shops behind closed doors?

You should set those to not discoverable to the general public. Otherwise, I believe it is reportable.

I haven’t reported any yet, but I have come across a few similar areas with shop stands that were locked in a room. I ran over 1000m to them, so I was not a happy camper. It would be cool if guild shops/stands were their own thing. I was wondering about this also.

Edit: If the guild shop is on it’s own beacon, maybe label it “X Shop - Guild only” or something?

3 Likes

Yes…your guild members know it is there already…do u need to let the universe know as well. So u kinda knew what you were doing…and it was stated that if the public can not access a beacon and has the stand visabilty on they be dealt with…Well not in those words …So u deliberately locked doors and u left visibility on and have cheapest shop so you can be seen…definitely yes .U know what your doing…lol😎

2 Likes

I wouldnt report though. But would be annoyed

The shop scanner is planet-wide and only shows the shop name. It doesn’t show any signs you posted near it. People shouldn’t have to waste game time running 2000m+ to read a sign somewhere to know they aren’t accessible to the public.

3 Likes

It’s kinda a grey area… I guess this could be used as a guild recruitment tool to some degree- let people know that guild members get special prices and what not. I consider it like Costco or Sam’s club, requiring a membership to have access to their lower prices. Still, I feel it goes against the idea that was designed for with the shop scanner. This is a sort of emergent gameplay. I would suggest, if the owner of said beacon is reading this, that they post signs at the doors explaining HOW a person could gain access to these shop stands, and maybe even adjust the beacon in such a way to show that their beacon is exclusive to members. Maybe a future patch to shop scanner could allow beacons to self-identify as membership exclusive shops, and users can sort by public or exclusive shops when searching the scanner?

1 Like

No it’s not grey…It’s a shop scanner not a recruitment tool…

2 Likes

I based the grey area comment on the fact that people can get access to the shops, but they must first have guild membership to do so. That’s not exactly a lock out, but it’s not exactly public either. Hence, grey area.

1 Like

I would be fine if they added a tab that showed the items to your guild mates only maybe…

2 Likes

Yeah, sorry Havok, but I disagree with this. The whole point of the scanner is to help people locate stands to buy things. You could also say that stands with display items for 999999 are technically in the gray area too - it is possible to buy it.

4 Likes

Rather than ban a particular behavior that is outside the standard scope of typical use, I’d love to see the game adapted to accommodate new and interesting things. Display items, to use your example, would be better if they had a display only function in the shop stands. Perhaps a future update could accommodate that.

I will agree that for the time being, it’s probably a better practice to delist the reduced price items, and simply post signs in your shop stating that lower prices are available and under what conditions. That way, you could have a special price section for guild members or what ever.

4 Likes

Plus I don’t want see shops that’s says guild only…there’s only 15 shops why should I see a shop I cannot access freely

4 Likes

The limited space on the shop scanner is a very strong valid point, I concede that the shop should be delisted if it is a restricted access shop.

Maybe some day we will see a shopscanner 2.0 update that allows more shop listings, shop types, user sorting, etc. Some day.

Yea I agree to that…it be cool to have guild only scanner and other filters…But at the moment…It’s 15 shops only…I think it’s unfair to the ones that take their shops seriously

1 Like

For what I said I certainly meant it would only be listed for the primary guild and not in the public listing. It needs to be in a separate area.

Is that currently possible? To have listings only for guild? I don’t think the shop scanner currently works that way, but that could be a possible solution after an update.

There is no separate area…if I cannot access it freely…that is unfair. And it is abuse of current system. I do think in future as shop scanner develops. We might see filters and it would be cool

I would assume based on other ways they do stuff is that it is a server layer that checks all shop/request baskets across the planet and then displays the 15 based on their criteria. Since it shows the name of the beacon I would think that means it does have access to the guild alignment. If that is true then I would think that a new tab that was added to that knowledge area called Guild could likely show all the buy/sell entries based on your character primary guild.

The issue might be that filtering part though. I am not sure what would be server level with different “lists” or if it could be done on the client side.

Being that we are only seeing 15 I have a feeling this is they are being careful about overloading server with the current design. There is a lot of server layers and things already being done. But, I’ve never asked directly about details on how everything worked for this.

As I said, I will be removing it from being searchable, but I bring up this argument in counter. What is the difference in an item dropped into an atlas, showing something is available and run all the way there, to find the item is walled off by property claim?

I keep hearing this is a “Legitimate game strategy”, but what difference is there? I am in no way trying to bring up a dead topic, but I am curious as to how the devs take a stance on guild protected areas that have shopstands.

Yes, it could be a guild recruitment, yes it could be a footfall trap, yes it could be just to anger others, or it could be just a legit shopstand who someone setup and is trying to have fun playing a game hoping “maybe” she could sell something, if someone cares to come to the capitol of a planet.

There are many possibilities. Again, I will be removing those specific ones from being searchable, but it does bring up many questions, and possible enhancements to the function. Classification of shopstands… “Display”, “Guild Only”, “Friends Only”, “Event” sorted filters, or ways to identify their shop stand.

2 Likes

Atlases havn’t shown plotted resources in a while

5 Likes

Because if I can see beforehand that I can’t access the item, I won’t waste my time running all the way over there - which would have been for no other reason than that item. I can go to a public shop and obtain the item or go do another activity or craft the item myself.

2 Likes