šŸ’µ Shop Stand/Basket Scanner for BoundlessTrade.net

take it for whatever vaule its worth if you dont feel comfortable running a unknown exe then dont use it

Not like I have the option to being on ps4. My issue is what other people can/will potentially do

1 Like

Itā€™s ok Aeneas Iā€™ll get it running. We can have a special corner in NL for uuuhh the best request baskets in the game per se?

NL is already scanned. so idk what the big deal is

2 Likes

Was it scanned 5 minutes ago when I added new stock?

Or 25 minutes ago when I recoined the baskets?

PC players running the scanner would have scanned themselves while doing those things and have up to date data right away.
Worst case scenario people who donā€™t and canā€™t run it have 3 days out of date data.

That IS the big deal that many people somehow want to overlookā€¦

You lack control on your shops being scanned. A truth that is shared by all PS4 players and all PC players not downloading the scanning tool.

This will not change. This is what this mod does.

This is the product the modders made for free. They have to go back to their jobs tomorrow to make money for their family. Jobs that pay them. You do not pay them.

If you want a global solution that meets your concerns you can support threads about having this system in game created by the developers of the game you paid for. They are the only ones that can deliver what you are asking for.

I fully support what you are asking for. I fully support you getting it. I will like and comment on any thread I see where you ask from the devs what you are asking for in this thread! I hope we get it.

This website could then go away. And we would have the features in game. That would be nice.

Until then. This will just have to do :wink: and I am thankful it was put together for us for free. It was nice and kind of them. Thank you @Simoyd and @fuzzylkd for making this and sharing it.

18 Likes

And that IS a crying shame which I am thankfully allowed to share!

I have and I will and I get that we will see something like it but can be long ways out.

Or in a modified way where they use data obtained from official APIā€™s provided by the devs which would be the best thing ever.

Yes, itā€™s great what theyā€™ve done, still doesnā€™t mean I should just accept that itā€™s not as I had hoped it would be.

I think the issue is youā€™re complaining to the wrong people.

From my perceptions youā€™ve been complaining to Simoyd and Fuzzy about not having it on PS4, when you should really be complaining to Wonderstruck about not having it in game.

Thereā€™s nothing else they can do to add it, and repeating on every post about how PS4 players cant use it wont change thatā€¦

Oh, also

Thereā€™s a difference between sharing a concern and flooding it absolutely every damn post thatā€™s been made relating to the website about it! :wink:

Youā€™ve made your concerns heard, repeating them to us adds nothing but only sparks argument. :smiley:

11 Likes

I am glad we could establish and agree that an official API is what you are looking for.

I support your continued persistence on this issue. It will improve the game and allay these concerns.

Kindly create a new thread or rejoin an existing thread on the API. Poising that conversation here is off topic and easily misconstrued that you are asking for the things from Simoyd and Fuzzy, not from Wonderstruck.

That confusion could water down support for what you are asking for, an official Boundless API.

6 Likes

@Simoyd
Great tool, we appreciate the time & work that went into this in Duskmoor one of our pc community players DSK Khaotik DLd & is using it for us. We discussed it in chat & feel itā€™s a very useful Shop info gatherer.

Btw Iā€™m a PS4 player & other PS4 players are working together with PC players in our community.
Thank you & Good work, Yabo :medal_military::medal_military::hugs:

11 Likes

Thanks for the effort guys. I can see some pretty obvious abuse cases for this though, do you have the capability to report and/or blacklist beacons that abuse it?

1 Like

Awesome work!
Imagine if Boundless had a mod API for client-side add-ons! That would be cool.
Also, I feel like this scanner could be used for more than just shop stands/baskets. I wonder if we could map out other data samples like player location over time to show a heatmap of where players gather in a town. This is a dangerously useful application. :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S. If possible, you should add functionality for forged tools with tags. So for example someone could search Titanium Hammer + Damage or Diamond Axe + All Affect Adjacent

2 Likes

We have server-side tools that can prevent obvious abuse and we have features planned to help users boycott specific stands or areas.

bottom line is if youā€™re lured to a location and the item isnā€™t actually available at the same price, youā€™re probably not happy with the shop owner and donā€™t want to give them business at that point. Yes they get more football but the item that the person wanted isnā€™t there so theyā€™re not going to buy or sell it.

The same thing happens in other games people can set up stupid orders in obscure places to lure people. I think people are going to have fun for a little bit after launch but weā€™ll have to see if it continues and we can always add more features to the site.

3 Likes

Great work! You bring me back to the economy system.
Maybe Iā€™m lucky but using website yesterday(ps4 player) I searched for some chest and sold what I supposed to.
Thanks

4 Likes

Nah, devs know many of us want this so it is coming, donā€™t worry, just takes time.
Until then we will have to live with what we have.

I havenā€™t complained to the wrong people, they decided to make this and release this, WS did not make this so makes no sense whatsoever to complain to them about how this, what WS did not make, is better for PC players than it is for PS4 players

Thereā€™s no need for duplicate threads anyway so if I have to repeat myself in every single thread someone wants to start about this I will. Free speech blabla.

I canā€™t edit other peopleā€™s posts so I donā€™t think I am sharing my concerns in every post about it :wink:

From the rumours I heard not just ā€˜argumentsā€™ tho, huh?

Please note, if someone makes a tool that is heavily biased to half a group of players and then canā€™t stand it if people try to make that known, canā€™t handle criticism from people who are genuinely trying to help with offering ways that could be better which are then met with an absolute crappy attitude because they know best, 'cos theyā€™ve been thinking about it for over a year yadayada, one should not be surprised you will ā– ā– ā– ā–  some people offā€¦

If this person wouldā€™ve had a bit more decency and a slightly more of a social personality, things couldā€™ve been way differentā€¦

But apparently it needs clarifying, there are two things happening here:

1. I donā€™t like the fact at all that half a group of players have an advantage
  2. trying to come up with slight changes here and there to improve things which is reacted upon in a very obnoxious way of ā€œI know bestā€

Both these are the cause of my posts. 2) could have been prevented, if 2) would have been then 1) wouldā€™ve been less severe.

And yes, I DO believe things could have been done differently but this doesnā€™t mean I donā€™t think what they did isnā€™t fantastic already I just feel it couldā€™ve been better and couldā€™ve been handled much better.

Anyway, Iā€™m done with this.

2 Likes

I gave you a heart for this.

8 Likes

Aww, you gave me your heart? Now what? City hall? :smiley:

Im sure that this has been asked before, but didnt fancy trawling through the endless yay or nay posts.

As this is a player owned and run tool, is there a safeguard in placr that prevents the owners/admin simply deleting PS4 players data to promote other peoples shops e.g. all the friends in the guild?

I know if you are PC you could just rescan and rescan until the creators got bored, but PS4 doesnt have such a simple route to ensure its on their.

Not accusing anyone, or suggesting PS or any other friends are doing this, just that it seems quite possible to manipulate and promote certain friends shops at the detriment of another by removing their data if they are cheaper.

Yes this would be crazy, silly,idiotic and even get you banned. Butā€¦the sceptic in me would say it could be done

3 Likes

I think the safeguard for this is simply people bringing specific occurrences to the public. Our current plans regarding filtering is at the account level, not the site level, so people would be able to disable any filtering to see everything.

Ultimately we have control over the data on our server, but understand that we know if we manipulate the data, it will be seen as toxic and our site would be used less, which we donā€™t want. Weā€™re just trying to help.

If you have concerns about specific stands/baskets, let us know and we can look into it.

AeneaGames: Replies anyway

Maymay

Gotta have the last word, huh?

1 Like