šŸ’µ Shop Stand/Basket Scanner for BoundlessTrade.net

Iā€™m getting this. Tried downloading a new version, restarting client, restarting Boundless - no change. Ideas?

does the ā€œFailed to setup look chunk pointerā€ part change at all when you restart boundless? or is it always that message?

I wonder if there was a minor patch or something todayā€¦

Meh, just restarted twice to grab screenshots and itā€™s working fine now. Will keep an eye out for it. Any log file location I can grab old logs from?

no thereā€™s currently no log. A couple other people mentioned restarting multiple times has fixed it in the past. Iā€™m wondering if maybe Iā€™m trying to do things to quickly before the right modules are loaded into memory. I can add a delay in for the next release (probably tomorrow) to see if that helps.

Thanks for the feedback!

Would add up - I do have pretty long load screens (not running it from an SSD atm)

Did the patch break the scanner? Or maybe Iā€™m having the same trouble OmniUno was.

Iā€™m getting the Failed to setup look chunk pointer message

yup itā€™ll be broke. Working on it right now actually. Will let you guise know.

ok new client released. Youā€™ll need to download the latest version from the website. changes:

• Now gets the memory addresses from my server for the block scanner, same as the map client does. Previously it was hard coded. This will help with the hotfixes that are surely to come in following days. Basically if you restart the client itā€™ll get the latest addresses, you donā€™t need to go download a new one.
  • Colors of items are now being uploaded to the server. There is no UI yet to see these, but it will follow soon.
  • Forge traits on items are now being uploaded to the server. Again there is no UI yet, but it will follow soon. I have not yet decoded all of the forge traits, so itā€™ll be an ongoing process, but the data is being uploaded to the server, so as I decode more the unknown traits will change to known ones.

Here are the traits Iā€™ve decoded so far:

-10 action speed
-10 critical chance
-15 critical chance
-170 damage
-200 durability
-5 action speed
action speed 1
action speed 3
action speed 4
action speed 5
action speed 7
action speed 8
action speed 9
action speed increased while at high health but reduced while at low health
action speed increased while at low health but reduced while at high health
affect all adjacent
aggravated attacks debuff
below affect adjecent
bigger boom 3
bigger boom 5
bigger boom 6
bigger boom 8
bigger boom 9
bleeding damage debuff
bleeding edge debuff
block changer
bouncy feet debuff
critical chance 2
critical chance 3
critical chance 4
critical chance 8
critical effect 3
critical effect 4
critical effect 5
critical effect 6
critical effect 7
critical effect 8
critical effect 9
cross affect adjecent
damage debuff
damage increased at night but decreased during the day
devistating damage 2
devistating damage 4
devistating damage 5
devistating damage 6
devistating damage 7
devistating damage 8
devistating damage 9
devistating damage 10
durability 1
durability 2
durability 3
durability 4
durability 5
durability 6
durability 7
durability 8
durability 9
durability 10
energy drain reduced while full but increased while hungry
energy drain reduced while hungry but increased while full
energy saver 1
energy saver 2
energy saver 3
energy saver 4
energy saver 5
energy saver 6
energy saver 7
energy saver 8
energy saver 9
far reaching 4
far reaching 7
far reaching 9
glow 1
glow 2
glow 3
healing 1
healing 2
healing 3
Heavy-Weight Projectile 2
Heavy-Weight Projectile 4
hook shot 1
horizontal affect adjacent
increased damage during the day but decreased at night
knockback 1
knockback 3
knockback 4
knockback 5
magnet 1
magnet 2
magnet 3
max range 5
max range 7
max range 8
max range 9
nutritionally challenged debuff
on icy ground debuff
one jump ahead
quadrouple-shot
quintupple-shot
random affect adjacent
random noises debuff
reel speed 10
regenerate world
slow mo debuff
that sinking feeling
tripple shot
wear and tear 5
wear and tear 6
wonky trigger

Let me know if you guys find any issues with the new client.

9 Likes

Oh yeah!
Searching for specific colors!
Iā€™ve been waiting for this.

Good Job!

1 Like

Does the scanner have log files somewhere?
Always getting ā€œFailed to query discovery serverā€ at Hosts setup. Already tried emptying hosts file and deactivating antivirus and firewall.

Im not sure if somethings in progress currently but,

when I run the client as administrator it loads up normally, but then once I launch boundless it immediately states on the scanner client ā€œFail to setup look chunk pointerā€.

Just a heads up, maybe its me, but up until yesterday things were functioning perfectly.

you may need to restart boundless again. Thereā€™s some timing issue with it, and maybe youā€™ve gotten lucky until now. question: are you running boundless on a solid state drive?

1 Like

Yeah this is running solid state. Now when I launch it again after closing it, the same error pops up. Relaunching the client, waiting a few minutes, and then launching boundless also returns the same result.

New client is working great for me. In fact, with the old one Iā€™d lag out for a few seconds whenever I warped to a new place, but with the new one my game is running as smooth as ever.

1 Like

Well I have tried several things and have yet to fix it.

• I have checked for updates and rebooted Windows several times
  • I have tried two different WiFi channels and an Ethernet connection
  • I have tried deleting and re-downloaded the scanner
  • I have tried launching the scanner and then after its fully loaded boundless from the desktop
  • I have tried launching the scanner and then boundless from the scanners specified path from steam
  • I have tried even release/renewing the IP just in case

I am not exactly sure what happened but I have been using it daily for mall scans for about a month now just fine. I never had crashing or lagging whatsoever up until now. Do you have any ideas? The system is an HP Elite running a SS drive.

Just to note I have tried waiting for the scanner to fully finish booting up, and I have tried to open it an boundless simultaneously to no success. I have attached the error.

Okay thanks for the info. I will need to add a better error message to it to figure out whatā€™s going on. I should be able to do that tonight or tomorrow and have a new-build for you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

2 Likes

No problem, thank you for the support.

1 Like

Updated the client on the website. changes:

• Now waits 5 seconds after detecting the boundless process before starting the block scanner. This should help resolve issue where the block scanner was failing and requiring multiple restarts of the game.
  • More rework on the UDP stuff. Should be more reliable. If youā€™ve had issues with horrible lag when you go through a portal, it should be resolved now.

Let me know if youā€™re still having issues here after grabbing the latest version.

2 Likes

Hopefully the changes also make portal heavy areas less lagy. That has been my biggest issue, because it causes lag on my wifeā€™s laptop too (even though only I am running the scanner). I did re-download it yesterday (wasnā€™t sure if there was an update or not) because I couldnā€™t get the scanner to connect after exo worlds started spawning (not sure there was a relation, just it did work after the patch, but not after the worlds spawned).

Keep up the awesome work, Iā€™ll continue to try and run the scanner as often as I can to help populate the site :smiley:

1 Like

Portal lag, world not loading in if I run too fast (and sometimes never loads certain chunks in), and now shop stands load in very slowly if I run the scanner. I still run it some, but these issues often force me to quit using it.