Shop with ruby?

most people seem to only buy rubies, but does anyone reliably sell them in their shop for a reasonable price? one thing this game needs is a way to locate shops near you selling an item without having to search everything in the area

Im selling a few of each gem for 790c each atm

will consider it when i get more money, turns out i needed 500 power not just 100, so will need another 40 rubies, but no way i got the money for that right now

Im fresh outta gems anyways friend, but ive seen other shops selling them, however they want 900c+ per gem of anytype

I think not having that exact thing is part of the charm for games like this.

You got any spare compact diamonds? I’ll transform them to ruby for free.

1 Like

Nice of you to offer but sadly not started that high planets yet which is why I’m buying it

How much coin do you have for your rubies?

right now maybe about 10k in pure coin, but i am in the process of working out a trade with someone as well who sent me a PM, so might be sorted, depends on how much he values the items i got

Right, well if it doesn’t work out, pm me

1 Like

thanks i will do that :slight_smile: really appreciate the response, just basically trying to get enough power to make compact soft coal because i think it will make my coal use a bit more efficient and getting it earlier than getting it all myself on a planet means i can use all of the soft coal to compact right away instead of wasting it all as regular coal

Just go farm some emeralds, and swap them for other gems… Easily 200 gems a hour, with a base iron hammer.

Little fun fact; depending on how much you value your soft coal… but at 10c per soft coal and 3c per peat, they give you just about the same amount of net spark / heat per coin if ignoring machine repair costs.

If you can get peat at 2c each, then it outperforms all soft coal above 6.5c in the economic sense. Granted it burns slower, but a bit of future planning and you’re saving money AND coal :yum:

2 Likes

nice, appreciate those numbers… but i am trying to get some of these things myself, i was spending all of my money on coal, figured if i compact what i do get it will make it so i have to spend less on it from other people… and if i get a lot of it, selling compact coal might be okay too

haven’t seen an emerald yet, but good thought, will look into it :slight_smile: only ever done a bit of mining for iron on a tier 3 planet yet, don’t have the skills yet for much more i don’t think

True true… I just mean for myself, it’s way easier farming 7 peat than finding 2 soft coal -on starter worlds at least. I mainly deduce my own prices for items based on farming time (the @OmniUno principle) , so unless i happen to be caving in a coal world i just usually turn up some peat :slight_smile:

You can always buy/make a atlas… attach a single ruby… Then go to a planet that has ruby’s, and activate the atlas. Remember different gems spawn at different spots. Rubies are close to lava, deep in a planet. As are, emeralds and amyth. Topaz/Saph are high up in mountains

It is fun to explore be when you need something specific and don’t have the time to be more than a casual player it uses up all the other fun time

Asheroth’s gem shop in Lamblis PS Hub (portal from PS Hub in Glovesamosa) had some last night iirc.

1 Like

But, the thing is, scarcity is part of the push this game needs to give players sometimes to help them explore crafting and gathering for themselves. Having goals and completing them in a timely manner is nice, but sometimes getting distracted because resource availability forces you to adapt can lead to fun experiences as well.